Books2Movies Club discussion

Fight Club
This topic is about Fight Club
Monthly Reads > Fight Club - book and movie

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2801 comments Mod
Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club and David Fincher's adaptation are called classics of this new generation of readers like J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye and Jack Kerouac's On the Road were to theirs. What are your thoughts?

I hope I am mistaken. I saw only the movie. I like Fincher, style and storytelling, but I hated those characters. I absolutely didn't care what will happen to them, because they all appeared to me to be obnoxious selfish brats. The ending was a surprise, true, but didn't make me feel any better about the whole experience. It all felt like an insult, to reduce yourself to mindless animals (in the lack of the better word) because of boredom and no sense of direction. Get a grasp of what really matters in life! Especially because they didn't appear so thick to be so irritatingly bratty. Maybe I am wrong. Please prove me wrong. I fear the book will also annoy me. What are your impressions?

Jessica | 27 comments I've read this one before but not for sometime.
I honestly can't recall if I found the characters bratty or not.
I loved the concept of the story, split personalities etc, but didn't think it was done that well, and at times was a little vague for me.

Travis (travistousant) | 58 comments I thought the book made more sense than the movie did. But since I saw the movie like 50 times I was picturing all the characters as I read it and I read it knowing the movie very well.

message 4: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2801 comments Mod
You're probably right, I should read the book and then try to see the movie again. Maybe I'll see it with different eyes afterwards.