Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > remove covers

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 21 comments Sorry...I think I posted this incorrectly elsewhere. My book has two covers. I need to delete both to add a new cover, but it states that only a librarian can delete covers?

Carol James Marshall
Starburst book 1
Women of the Grey

message 2: by David (last edited Feb 04, 2017 11:26AM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4106 comments Carol, please be more specific.
What edition are you referring to? There are three different editions (ISBN or ASIN to identify it)
Also, did any copies go out with the old cover? (including advance readers copies and such) or was it only a provisional cover which never went out?
Also, what cover do you want to replace it with?

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 21 comments David wrote: "Carol, please be more specific.
What edition are you referring to? There are three different editions (ISBN or ASIN to identify it)
Also, did any copies go out with the old cover? (including advanc..."

David wrote: "Carol, please be more specific.
Also, did any copies go out with the old cover? (including advanc..."

I'm confused on why I have so many editions. There should be just one. Yes, there are copies with the old cover, but not advanced reader copies or anything like that. I have my jpg for a new Ebook cover that I would like to upload. Thank you for your patience. Its a bit of a mess. I do have a giveaway happening now.

message 4: by David (last edited Feb 04, 2017 12:13PM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4106 comments No problem. You have three editions listed on goodread, I'll list them with their covers.

There is a kindle edition with ASIN B01KKXBW2G
Starburst (The Women of The Grey #1) by Carol James Marshall
There is a paperback edition with ISBN 9781537377056
Starburst (Women of the Grey #1) by Carol James Marshall
There is an ebook edition with ISBN 9781370547296
Starburst by Carol James Marshall

Which version is the one with the new cover?
Can you please upload the new cover to your profile, or maybe link to it on a website?

If copies with the old cover exist, and a new cover is available for an existing edition (same ISBN/ASIN) we will list it as an alternate cover edition. If a new ISBN/ASIN was issued, it's a new edition.

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 21 comments David wrote: "No problem. You have three editions listed on goodread, I'll list them with their covers.

There is a kindle edition with ASIN B01KKXBW2G
Starburst (The Women of The Grey #1) by Carol James Marshall
There is a paperback editio..."

oh the new cover is for all three versions Sorry I'm not very computer savvy how or where do I go to upload the new cover to my profile? I looked around but couldn't figure it out

message 6: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4106 comments Under your profile (click your image on the top right, "View Profile") there is an option "more photos" below your photo. Then on top right "Add More Photos". After you add it, link it here.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 21 comments David wrote: "Under your profile (click your image on the top right, "View Profile") there is an option "more photos" below your photo. Then on top right "Add More Photos". After you add it, link it here."

https://www.goodreads.com/photo/autho...

Thank David for helping me!!!

message 8: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4106 comments So, just to be certain before I add those, this new cover is going to replace the cover on all three editions, and no new ISBN/ASIN will be issued, right?

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 21 comments David wrote: "So, just to be certain before I add those, this new cover is going to replace the cover on all three editions, and no new ISBN/ASIN will be issued, right?"

yes, please and thank you

message 10: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4106 comments Added three new editions for you:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

I didn't put release dates, if you provide them I can add them.

message 11: by Carol (last edited Feb 04, 2017 03:19PM) (new)

Carol Marshall | 21 comments David wrote: "Added three new editions for you:

I didn't put release dates,..."

August 16, 2016 for all would work.

message 12: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4106 comments Done

message 13: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4106 comments By the way, as the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. See How do I set the default edition for a work?

message 14: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 21 comments David wrote: "By the way, as the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. See How do I set the de..."

Thank you David...I appreciate all your help. I will look at your link right now.

message 15: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 21 comments David wrote: "By the way, as the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. See How do I set the de..."

Does it take a while for the new cover to show. I am only seeing the old covers.

message 16: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4106 comments They are new editions, they should show up almost immediately. I listed them above and they work for me.

message 17: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 21 comments David wrote: "They are new editions, they should show up almost immediately. I listed them above and they work for me."

I am showing 6 editions. Is there anyway to remove the old editions with the old covers. I followed the directions of your link, but I'm not getting anywhere.

message 18: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 21 comments David wrote: "They are new editions, they should show up almost immediately. I listed them above and they work for me."

I think I got the edition with the new cover up, but can't figure out how to get the giveaway edition cover fixed.

message 19: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4106 comments I'm not sure how to help you with the giveaway. I suggest you open and explain the exact problem to get help on that.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6188 comments As far as I know librarians can't change books which are currently in a giveaway (read that somewhere in the forum few days ago)

message 21: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 21 comments David wrote: "I'm not sure how to help you with the giveaway. I suggest you open and explain the exact problem to get help on that."

I've said it over and over, but again Thank you for helping me. Have a great weekend...and if you like horror...please PM me I would gladly send you a copy as a Thank you. A new cover copy...lol.

message 22: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 21 comments Lachgas wrote: "As far as I know librarians can't change books which are currently in a giveaway (read that somewhere in the forum few days ago)"

Ahhh thank you.

message 23: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4106 comments Note that even if librarian's can't change giveaways, you may get a result from using Contact Us

message 24: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43509 comments Mod
Pub date for editions with new covers changed to January 2017. Alternate-cover editions get publication dates corresponding to when they became available with the new cover, NOT the original release date of that ISBN/ASIN.

Librarians have no control over giveaways. If you are having a problem with yours, you'll need to use the Contact Us link on the Help page. All giveaways do have to be individually approved by Goodreads staff, as do any changes to an existing giveaway.

We also try not to do merges on works with a current giveaway. But other edits are usually fine.