What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult fiction about a Boy Psychopath

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva Clemmensen (last edited Feb 04, 2017 10:17AM) (new)

Eva Clemmensen | 4 comments I read this book (borrowed from my local library) in the 1990´ies, possibly early 2000`s. It is a novel written by an american or british male writer, and I don´t remember the title.
It is about a young boy (possibly tween, early teen) who is deeply mentally disturbed. The boy is gay.
I don´t remember much of the plot other than this boy raping another boy, while calling him a pig, and murdering another boy (the first victim´s brother?) by stabbing him in the stomach with a kitchen knife. This takes place in house, where the boys are alone.
The story has scenes that are sexually explicit and is overall quite disturbing taking you into the mindset of a real child psychopath. I only remember snippets of the book, but I would really like to read it again. The book is (adult) fiction, and is not based on real events, as I remember it.
I know it´s not much to go on, but can anyone please help?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
Eva, I'm deleting your duplicate thread. You did actually post this in the right place (Unsolved).

If you lose track of a post, here's how to find it again:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Just a guess - The Wasp Factory?

message 4: by Eva Clemmensen (new)

Eva Clemmensen | 4 comments Thanks Lobstergirl for your suggestion. I read some descriptions about The Wasp Factory, and it may be the book I'm looking for. I don't remember the torturing animals part though (maybe I repressed it?) or the fact that the protagonist is in fact a girl.
I will look into it...

message 5: by Kris (last edited Mar 22, 2017 01:34PM) (new)

Kris | 32261 comments Mod
Here's a summary of The Wasp Factory that might be helpful - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Was...

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Eva Clemmensen, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Daisy (new)

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15766 comments I'm the King of the Castle?

But I don't think it was that explicit.