What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Southern fiction about 2 brothers; a mystery surrounding the death of one of the brothers possibly accidentally at the hands of the other brother

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Pamela Gresham Pomar | 3 comments I don't know the title or author. I think it was set in TN and written by a man. It was a wonderful story with a mystery surrounding the death of one of the brothers possibly accidentally at the hands of the other brother. I don't know why I can't get this out of my mind. Help! Thankfully I finally learned to keep track.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37354 comments Mod
Pamela, when did you read it or about when was it published? Remember the cover? When was it set? Is it literary fiction, or mystery genre, or something else? What made it wonderful - the writing, the drama, the brother's predicament, something else? What was the tone of the book?

Pamela Gresham Pomar | 3 comments I would have read it on the late 80s or early 90s. It is literary fiction with strong characterization. The setting is rural. I probably read it at about the same time I read To Dance with the White Dog.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Pamela Gresham Pomar, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

Pamela Gresham Pomar | 3 comments Still looking, though I’ve lost hope.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Anything else you can remember would be helpful. Is it ever figured out if the brother killed his brother? How did the death happen?

Even small details sometimes help.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

What was the tone - grim, dark, quirky, sad, darkly comedic, atmospheric, dramatic, etc.?