Play Book Tag discussion

Outrage: The Five Reasons Why O.J. Simpson Got Away with Murder
This topic is about Outrage
Archive: Other Books > Outrage/Bugliosi - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (last edited Feb 04, 2017 06:46AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anita Pomerantz | 6262 comments Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders it isn't.

What this book does is give a very lawyer-ly examination of why the prosecution botched this case completely, even against a poorly constructed defense. I think this would be a great read for a law student or for anyone really interested in the Simpson case. Unfortunately, I fit neither of those two categories. Bugliosi manages to entertain by being sarcastically arrogant in a way that some readers will really hate, but frankly I found to be necessary to really hold my attention. Needless to say, it is pretty scary how many factors came together to let O.J. Simpson off the hook. This book seemingly addresses every single one, but according to Bugliosi, there were even more small things that were done improperly. Let's just leave it to say that this book is carefully done, well done, but you just need to really care about the subject matter to find it a compelling read.

message 2: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3778 comments Dang. I've been wanting to read a book about the OJ case, and this one always comes up. I am always tentative with true crime in case the book comes off one sided and I figured Bugliosi would be at least fair to the case. I could handle the legal and lawyer-ness of Helter Skelter because it was so interesting, but this review isn't promising.

Maybe I'll try the one actually written by OJ? If I did it : Confessions of the Killer. Might be biased?