Temecula Valley Book Club discussion

25 Great Leaders and the Books They Say Helped Them Find Success

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cari, Club Moderator (new)

Cari (mambaitaliana) | 327 comments Mod
The greatest leaders are readers.

http://www.inc.com/kevin-daum/25-grea...

message 2: by Keith, Club Moderator (new)

Keith | 596 comments Mod
It's an interesting list, with some definite good ones on there, and some I'm not familiar with but will check into. Nice to see a lot of classics referenced. I'm not sure about every leader named (Natalie Portman?), but overall strong recommendations. Thanks for sharing!

message 3: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tanya712) | 238 comments I was thinking the same thing as Keith. I thought some on the list were an odd choice for great leaders, but I always love learning what people read and books they found important in their life. I have seen Hillary quoted many times that the Brothers Karamazov is her favorite book. Since I 'with Her', I am adding this classic to my pile! So, can that be my recommendation from a stranger

message 4: by Keith, Club Moderator (new)

Keith | 596 comments Mod
Well, you created the challenge, so I'll defer to you for a final ruling. But I think that sounds fair. I've read it - it's an interesting one!

message 5: by Cari, Club Moderator (new)

I must add to the list as well. Keith, Padme is not a leader?

message 6: by Keith, Club Moderator (new)

Keith | 596 comments Mod
Ok, fair enough - I'll concede Padme. :) Her turn in Black Swan was strong too (although perhaps her actions were just a wee bit over the top). ;)

message 7: by Cari, Club Moderator (new)

message 8: by Keith, Club Moderator (new)

Keith | 596 comments Mod
Speaking of cut off posts - yours looks blank Cari, unless I'm missing something.

message 9: by Cari, Club Moderator (new)

So weird!!!