Irish Readers discussion

INTRODUCTIONS > Joel Amont

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joel (new)

Joel Amont | 2 comments Good Day, All: May I come in, please?

A lifetime's ambition, to get to this point, to put before you a novel in the shadow of those greats I've studied and admired.

Let me keep this short to begin: retired to a fabulous village in Lancashire, I'm an aul' bachelor grey-beard with a love of good conversation interrupted by laughter, working on the second draft of my next work, a trilogy (more in a month or so -- the first draft needs some hard work, believe me!)

When I get a chance to read fiction, I love Historical mysteries and similar.

Bio-Bit:
Escaped half-alive from Dublin Christian Brothers; through UCD and TCD, into teaching, out again, vagabonding for years about France, Spain & England. Maybe some day I'll go back again to Ireland...etc.

For more, have a look at me blog, www.tintonet.uk and joelamont.co.
"Monto! Feckin' Monto" should be out in paperback today on Amazon (It is available in Kindle). It's about more than the theft of the Irish Crown Jewels. Fell in love with my heroine, Daisy ( I suppose most fellas do) and I solemnly swear she is not based on any living person.

You'll find me aisy to contact;-)

JoeL

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Joel! Welcome ~ I'm a half-Irish American living in upstate NY & I was a teacher, too. If I were you, I'd hightail it back to Ireland! I was there once and fell in love. I'd love to return. Good luck with your next book.

Pat

message 3: by Joel (new)

Joel Amont | 2 comments Many thanks for your kind words, Patricia. Best wishes, Joel