The Heir's of Fire and Fury discussion

Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
This topic is about Empire of Storms
Throne of Glass > Empire of Storms

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amaleh (afanaticbooklover) | 115 comments Mod
This book was everything but it also destroyed me.

Ilse (ilmm) | 10 comments I agree with you, THAT end, God.
I mean, I really loved the book, but it still scares the bad possibilities that can happen in the next (and FINAL) book ; and OMG it seems the big war is coming
(jajaja in my mind it sound like winter's coming)

AGHHH IK. I was sobbing by the end of it. Literally broke my heart because I never wanted Aelin to go through something like that. Although I do prefer Celaena's personality, I still love Aelin and I respect her so much. I just want her to be happy. I feel like stuff is going to go down big time in the next book, that's why I'm so scared for it. With Chaol's novella coming out I think that Sarah is gonna make everyone love him again and then kill him. If that happens IM GONNA CRY FOR ETERNITY. I love Chaol. Probably won't be ok again.

Madz | 93 comments Mod
I reckon Empire of Storms had one of the biggest ending and such a big secret brewing curtsy of Aelin. But i'm so looking forward to how everything falls and if everything is resolved. Sarah planned everything so well, I just hope that there is something in the next book that doesn't completely destroy me. Ugh it's too long to wait for the next one!

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 23 comments Yeah have to wait until next year

~Peri~ Soul Taker!!!! wrote: "Yeah have to wait until next year"

Literally can't WAIT ANY LONGER.

Madz | 93 comments Mod
Just counting down the days till it arrives ⏰

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 23 comments Amaleh wrote: "~Peri~ Soul Taker!!!! wrote: "Yeah have to wait until next year"

Literally can't WAIT ANY LONGER."

Yeaah I forgot how to breath when I saw it's gonna be released in next year

~Peri~ Soul Taker!!!! wrote: "Amaleh wrote: "~Peri~ Soul Taker!!!! wrote: "Yeah have to wait until next year"

Literally can't WAIT ANY LONGER."

Yeaah I forgot how to breath when I saw it's gonna be released in next year"

HAHAHAH sameeeee.

message 10: by Ilse (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ilse (ilmm) | 10 comments Amaleh wrote: "AGHHH IK. I was sobbing by the end of it. Literally broke my heart because I never wanted Aelin to go through something like that. Although I do prefer Celaena's personality, I still love Aelin and..."

I agree with you, I like more the personality of Celaena than Aelin, And although at some point they're the same person, I don't, I like so much more Celaena, god, I mean, she was an assassin (that's pretty cool)

message 11: by Madz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madz | 93 comments Mod
Yeh, I feel like Celeana was more realistic and Aelin is more unreal like imaginary. But both rlly good characters and she had a good development.

Ilse wrote: "Amaleh wrote: "AGHHH IK. I was sobbing by the end of it. Literally broke my heart because I never wanted Aelin to go through something like that. Although I do prefer Celaena's personality, I still..."

Yeah like I prefer Celaena than Aelin's personality. I find that Celaena's more lighthearted and funny. She was also more open with her friends, whereas Aelin is more reserved. That's not a bad thing, but it's almost like she doesn't trust her friends and stuff. I just find it kinda sad that she's almost scared to confine in her friends.

message 13: by Madz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madz | 93 comments Mod
She was great in Throne of glass and Crown of Midnight when she expressed her love for chocolate cake and like her love for fluffy dogs. We don't really see that with Aelin's character.

message 14: by Ilse (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ilse (ilmm) | 10 comments Yeap, and she suppose to be the same on that things .
In my personal opinion, now that everybody knows her truly name she should have have more confidence on all her friends, but at the same time a can understand her why she did things that way, but that doesn't mean I did like it.

message 15: by Madz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madz | 93 comments Mod
Yeh definitely, like someone would have tried to stop her, and i guess thats why she was so closed off, cos if she let it slip there would have been a greater fall than the one that already occurred.

Madz wrote: "Yeh definitely, like someone would have tried to stop her, and i guess thats why she was so closed off, cos if she let it slip there would have been a greater fall than the one that already occurred."

Ilse wrote: "Yeap, and she suppose to be the same on that things .
In my personal opinion, now that everybody knows her truly name she should have have more confidence on all her friends, but at the same time a..."

I completely agree. I understand it but I don't at the same time. I think she might of been able to work around it.

message 17: by Madz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madz | 93 comments Mod
It's going to be interesting seeing everything play out in the final book. But idk how im going to let go of the series once it's finished....

message 18: by Noha (last edited Feb 17, 2017 11:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noha Badawi (shetellsastory) That book D.E.S.T.R.O.Y.E.D. me.
I was off from work the day I started reading it and I swear to god I woke up early that day and stayed in bed for 13 hours until I finished it.
I was a terrible mess afterwards and felt like all my nerves were shot and my body and heart hurt.
I love how Maas blew it all up in the end, making us see how she had it all planned and figured out from the beginning. I love how this series is till capable of taking me by total surprise.
I didn't want to see Aelin go through that in the end; I don't understand why she needs to be put through hell again after all she's been through, but I guess we'll figure it out with the next book.

I just hope that nothing too bad happens in the end. I can't wait for book 6, the wait is torture especially now that the release date is pushed till 2018.

Noha wrote: "That book D.E.S.T.R.O.Y.E.D. me.
I was off from work the day I started reading it and I swear to god I woke up early that day and stayed in bed for 13 hours until I finished it.
I was a terrible m..."

Yeah, I completely agree. I just need the 6th book NOW. I'm the same, the series just keeps on surprising me. Especially that ending, like DAMN did not see any of that coming. Sarah I think has done a great job at setting everything up. Like I think she has been planning this from book one, making sure everything has a purpose and setting everything up.

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 23 comments Yeah she is a great writer.

~Peri~ Soul Taker!!!! wrote: "Yeah she is a great writer."

100%. I actually don't know what I'm gonna do with my life once this series ends. Because there is no other series like it. Also it was the first proper series that got me into reading so I kinda have a special connection to it.

message 22: by Madz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madz | 93 comments Mod
It's good though that she always has a series out, even if one ends, there is already another and then she starts a new one.

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 23 comments *fingers crossed* Let's hope she will start a new series

message 24: by Madz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madz | 93 comments Mod
I know she is starting Catwomen, but like on her pinterest she has new folders for new series ideas. I think she is starting on Twilight of Gods which is like Thor and Loke but like as females, and there is another one called Crescent City. check out her pinterest its really cool to see what her thoughts are on new books, and TOG and ACOTAR.

Madz wrote: "I know she is starting Catwomen, but like on her pinterest she has new folders for new series ideas. I think she is starting on Twilight of Gods which is like Thor and Loke but like as females, and..."

Yeah I love her pintrest.

message 26: by ~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (last edited Feb 19, 2017 09:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 23 comments Don't you guys think we are not fangirling one person. At least for me, I find him irresistible. A big bad wolf??? FENRYS?? Or am I the only one who thinks so? 0_o

message 27: by Madz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madz | 93 comments Mod
OMG i love Fenrys! He has a great personality and is absolutely hilarious! AND.... he has a rlly cool animal shift.

~Peri~ Soul Taker!!!! wrote: "Don't you guys think we are not fangirling one person. At least for me, I find him irresistible. A big bad wolf??? FENRYS?? Or am I the only one who thinks so? 0_o"

LITTLE SMALL BABY FENRYS

message 29: by Ilse (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ilse (ilmm) | 10 comments Oh Fenrys <3

did anybody note sarah made all her men characters so perfect?
'casue I'm in love for at least the hallf of them

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 23 comments Yeah me too. <3333

message 31: by Madz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madz | 93 comments Mod
hahaha lol same! If only they were real xD

Ilse wrote: "Oh Fenrys <3

did anybody note sarah made all her men characters so perfect?
'casue I'm in love for at least the hallf of them"

HAAHHA yeah me too. I wish they were real, but then again I would probably act really awkward around them and not know what to do. xD