Christian Ladies Book Club discussion

The Prodigal > The Prodigal- Chapter 12 Discussion Question

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Britnie (new)

Britnie | 352 comments Mod
Jack gets invited to speak at the (sort of) Lutheran Church. Do you think he will?

message 2: by Britnie (new)

Britnie | 352 comments Mod
I think he probably will. I think he's going to have that Bible Study at the bar with Father Francis and end up accepting the offer to speak Sunday. I think it will also be very different from his previous messages. Instead of fire and brimstone, I think he will just talk about himself, and everything he has been going through. I don't see it being a "Sermon" as much as I see it being him just talking.

message 3: by Darlene (new)

Darlene I think he will too. I think it is time. Maybe not for a full sermon, but at least letting people in on his life and growth. It could be very encouraging.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Esparza | 119 comments Jack has been driving me crazy with this. He is still so prideful as to think that they're asking him to "preach". He kept getting corrected, being told, no....you're just being asked to say a few words about what happened with replacing the roof for Mrs. Calhoun. Dude, no one wants to hear you preach! Just speak like a normal person about what happened instead of thinking that you have something to preach about because there's nothing that has to be proved here. You just need to be you. A church is a hospital where the hurt, sick, and broken need to be. It's not a place where everyone has all the answers and has it all together. There's no such thing.