Book Snails Book Group discussion

Books > YIKES! Grab 3 Books...

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1150 comments Mod
Your house is on fire and/or being attacked by book-hungry zombies (bombies?) and you only have time to grab 3 books before escaping. Which 3 titles do you escape with? (Let's assume you can do so safely, and any kids, spouses, and pets are already safely away!)

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin | 579 comments My signed copy of The Clan of the Cave Bear
My signed copy of Tuesdays with Morrie
And my cherished boxed set of Little House books, so loved that most of the books have pages falling out of them
Aside from the handful of books I have that were my grandfather's (but that I'll probably never read), most of the rest of my books would be easily replaced.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin | 579 comments Btw... it would actually be much more difficult to only save one Little House book than it would be to save the whole set because they fit very snugly inside their box! So I'm not going to consider it cheating :-P

message 4: by Ev, Crazy Book Lady (new)

Ev | 197 comments Mod
1. My Bible
2. Mozart biography
3. Beethoven biography

But only if I can't:

1. Knock out the zombies by slamming my copies of The Brothers Karamazov and Gone With The Wind on their heads then tying them up and roasting them over a bonfire in the backyard for the neighborhood cats to enjoy.

2. Rouse myself from the current book I'm reading in time to shoot a series of arrows into the hands of the book thieves, Katniss-style. (Braid not included).

message 5: by Lupe, Bibliophile Extraordinaire (new)

Lupe Dominguez (lupedominguez) | 91 comments Mod
1) my original paperback copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. While losing any of the others would hurt immensely, that one in particular, the loss would cut me deeply.

2) my aunts old copy of Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret. It's an old beat up tattered book, but taught me how to be a girl, as it were.

3) Who am I kidding?? I'd totally try to save all copies of my Harry Potter collection. LOLOL!!

message 6: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1150 comments Mod
I love these entertaining responses!

message 7: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1805 comments Mod
Ev wrote: "But only if I can't:

1. Knock out the zombies by slamming my copies of The Brothers Karamazov and Gone With The Wind on their heads then tyi..."

In case of Bombie apocalypse, I'm grabbing my weapons...and standing behind Ev !

We will defend the books till "The End."

I actually wouldn't grab any books in case of fire, unless I grabbed some random ones from the bookshelf near the front door. It might actually be fun to start over from zero books ;p

message 8: by Ev, Crazy Book Lady (new)

Ev | 197 comments Mod
StarMan wrote: "Ev wrote: "But only if I can't:

1. Knock out the zombies by slamming my copies of The Brothers Karamazov and Gone With The Wind on their heads then tyi..."

In case of Bombie apocalypse, I'm grabb..."

Hope you have an Ak-47 at least. I throw like the proverbial girl. lol

message 9: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (last edited Feb 04, 2017 10:46PM) (new)

Ev wrote: "StarMan wrote: "Ev wrote: "Hope you have an Ak-47 at least. I throw like the proverbial girl. lol "

Girl, I'm from the South. I was born weaponized. There's always a deadly something-or-other within close reach. ;p

If a book zombie (bombie) eats a book with a bookworm in it, does that constitute dessert?

I wonder if bombies prefer picture books, or maybe a specific genre. Maybe cookbooks? Or Gray's Anatomy?

Possibly they are omnivores, eating any book in sight. I hope they choke on library books (all those mylar covers, hard to chew).

They probably find Bibles quite tasty: plenty of human drama, and a super-apocalyptic ending! But rumor is, they are a bit tired of all the copies of Stephenie Meyers books they keep coming across...

(view spoiler)

*grins*

message 10: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (last edited Feb 04, 2017 11:00PM) (new)

I am offering up the movie rights for my soon-to-be bestselling book series to the highest bidder. Here's the spin:

(VOICEOVER, SERIOUS NARRATOR):   It all started with a single, deadly parasite mutation: a tiny bookworm like no other...

[Cue ominous music] One that infected human hosts, and *gasp* STILL HUNGERED FOR THE TASTE OF BOOKS!

Will readers and their beloved books ever be safe again?
What can stop the onslaught of paper-hungry Book Zombies?
Will heroes rise to protect the libraries and bookshops of Earth?

And perhaps most importantly... What the hells will James Patterson now do for a living?

Read the BOMBIE series... while you still can!

You won't even need a bookmark, because you won't dare stop reading one of the last books on Earth...

Zombie eating a book

BOMBIES: First Chomp (subtitle: Paper in Peril)

BOMBIES II: Bookpocalypse!

BOMBIES III: Desperate Tomes

THE BOOKWORM WARS (TV spin-off series)

BOMBIES IV: The Last Library

*sigh* Well, at least we still have e-books....

(view spoiler)

Oh, crap. No more books, ever?

But wait! Will salvation come from the most unlikely place of all?

(view spoiler)

All content above (c)2017, StarMan. Lol. With apologies; this may be the nerdiest post I've ever made.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Gone With the Wind (Margaret Mitchell)
Where the Red Fern Grows (Wilson Rawls)
Remembrance (Jude Deveraux)

message 12: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (new)

Margaret wrote: "Gone With the Wind (Margaret Mitchell)
Where the Red Fern Grows (Wilson Rawls)
Remembrance (Jude Deveraux)"

Good choices, Margaret