Book Snails Book Group discussion

Favorites > Favorites: Food

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1152 comments Mod
What do Book Snails eat?! ;-) Also, we have a section for recipes so feel free to post your favorites!

message 2: by Ev, Crazy Book Lady (new)

Ev | 197 comments Mod
This snail eats sushi. I would pretty much do anything (within reason and legal limits) for sushi and books.

However, I do love Italian (fettuccine alfredo), Mexican (crunchy tacos, pico de gallo, sour cream, and guacamole), German (Jaegerschnitzel, spatzle, potato salad), Greek (cucumber soup called tarator in my native Bulgaria), lamb, feta cheese, olives), American (burgers, fries, hot dogs, etc.)

Let's face it, two things I do really well are reading and eating. :)

message 3: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (last edited Feb 04, 2017 03:05PM) (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1806 comments Mod
1. Pizza
2. Pizza
3. Mexican or Japanese cuisine.
4. Italian food

Oh, and I love me some bread: biscuits, cornbread, hoecake, homemade bread, etc. Bring it on ;)

Kelsey, I forgot to mention SEAFOOD. Another of my favorites.

message 4: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey My favorite food is definitely Italian. I love pasta, all kinds! And I love Mexican food as well. I occasionally enjoy Indian food too. Actually, the first time I ever had Indian food, I was at a Holi celebration, which was amazing. I felt a bit funny, because it was the Indian community's Holi, and here we are, a bunch of white college kids, joining in, but it was actually a college project, so I couldn't not go. I had so much fun, though!

I also love seafood. I've actually never tried sushi, but I would if given the opportunity. I'm not very adventurous with food, and would never eat octopus or anything, but I love all kinds of fish, and crab as well.

And, of course, I loooooove chocolate, which is a super bad thing. I could easily become addicted to it, and eat it every day, but I want to be nice to my arteries and my heart :)

Pretty much the only foods I won't eat are tomatoes (I hate them, for some reason), avocados (which is weird, right, because that's the new food everyone is obsessed with, but I never liked them), and slabs of meat. Steak sitting on a plate is, to me, disgusting. If I do eat meat, which is occasional, it has to be with something, like a taco, or, very rarely, I'll eat a hamburger.

message 5: by Ev, Crazy Book Lady (new)

Ev | 197 comments Mod
Kelsey wrote: "My favorite food is definitely Italian. I love pasta, all kinds! And I love Mexican food as well. I occasionally enjoy Indian food too. Actually, the first time I ever had Indian food, I was at a H..."

Chocolate should be a staple of anyone's favorite food. If not, they're not normal (unless they have an intolerance or allergy to it, then that's understandable.) :)

message 6: by JJ (last edited Feb 04, 2017 04:07PM) (new)

JJ | 36 comments AH...Pizza of course! hahaha. I also really like mash potatoes and rolls. O'Charlies rolls to be exact. Here is a list of some favorites: oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, macaroni, BBQ ribs, cornbread, tacos, quesadillas, nachos, several different soups, gingerbread men from a local bakery, pasta dishes and rice dishes including CURRY!!!

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Sushi is amazing. I am also an avid fan of risotto, chocolate, tacos, and chicken wings.

message 8: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1152 comments Mod
Anything I don't have to cook myself! Lol

message 9: by Lupe, Bibliophile Extraordinaire (new)

Lupe Dominguez (lupedominguez) | 92 comments Mod
anything Mexican and Italian. I just love food, to be honest. LOL

message 10: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Osiecki (rozemaiden87) I'm quite the foodie - I love trying new things from different cultures and fusion dishes give me life.

I'm a huge fan of Korean and Japanese cuisines, Irish and British food has such a "comfort" quality to it, and I will never ever give up rice or pasta. I'm all about my carbs.

message 11: by Tiny (new)

Tiny (lostsoulreader) | 1 comments I Love Food!! Any kind of street food and I'm in. But ever since I have had ramen a few years ago, all the other foods have dropped down my favorites list. Slurping on the ramen is just heavenly and makes me hungry just to think about it.

message 12: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) | 443 comments Chicken, seafood, and of course...dark chocolate! :-D