Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Tonya Coffey
This topic is about Tonya Coffey
Authors > Beta Reader/ Proof Reader

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tonya (last edited Feb 07, 2017 07:32AM) (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 12 comments I'm looking for a beta reader to read through a book I've written. It is my first try at an adult MC romance and I'd really like someones opinion of the story line, details and the characters.

MC Romance/ Paranormal Romance
50,000 words
Mid to High heat level

Shadow Wings (#1, Brothers N Blood MC)
Blurb:
Myra Dean thought she escaped the tragedy of her family but when her boss' son rides into town on his Harley, she finds herself staring into the eyes of danger. No matter the outcome, she wonders if he is the man who will protector her from her nightmares or if it will be his partner in crime.
Cross and Blaze come from two different backgrounds but their duty is to protect Myra. The woman who is destine to be the leader of their organization because she is the only one born with two different species--a bloodline unique to the world.
Malach is a demon and he wants nothing more but to go home and the one who holds the key is being protected by the the Brothers N Blood motorcycle club.
Will Cross and Blaze figure out how to control their jealousy so they can protect Myra or will she have to protect them?

If you think you would be interested in reading it, please email me coffeytonya@gmail.com

message 2: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 12 comments All I'm asking is for someone to read it and tell me if you think it would be a good book...

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 291 comments Mod
In whose POV is the story written? How many POVs? Does it have a lot of f-bombs? Are the sex scenes explicit? Erotica? Is the heroine a blonde? What sets your MC Romance apart from the ones already out there? Thanks.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 5 comments Hi Tonya

I've emailed you on the gmail account above.

Mel

message 5: by Swati (new)

Swati Hegde (swatithegeek) | 14 comments Sent you a mail!

message 6: by Tonya (last edited Feb 07, 2017 08:50AM) (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 12 comments Kathy wrote: "In whose POV is the story written? How many POVs? Does it have a lot of f-bombs? Are the sex scenes explicit? Erotica? Is the heroine a blonde? What sets your MC Romance apart from the ones already..."

The POV is in different views: 6. It has about ten total F-bombs. The sex scenes aren't erotica but they are there. I don't use the words of the appendage or do I use words that they used in the seventies to describe the male anatomy. What sets it apart is that the two main characters who are in the MC, one is a vampire and the other is an angel. The motorcycle club protects humans from their own kind who have gone rogue.
I've noticed the MC I've picked up are contemporary, does that make a difference?

message 7: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 12 comments Swati wrote: "Sent you a mail!"

Thank you.

message 8: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 12 comments Melissa wrote: "Hi Tonya

I've emailed you on the gmail account above.

Mel"

Thank you Melissa!