Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

In Search of a Love Story (Love Story, #1)
This topic is about In Search of a Love Story
Adding New Books > New edition

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Normand | 577 comments This edition is missing from your list. YES I did check that this is my correct edition. (Product Details from Amazon)

File Size: 1097 KB
Print Length: 281 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publication Date: November 18, 2013
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
Language: English
ASIN: B0080R7O4U

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Normand | 577 comments Please check again. My edition is Kindle, Nov.18/2013, 281 pages. At the link you gave me, you only have: Kindle May04/2012, 281 pages: Kindle 2014, 281 pages; Paperback May09/2012, 280 pages; eBook no dates, no page count; eBook Oct03/2013, no page count; Nook Oct03/2013, no page count. As you can see, there is no Kindle Nov.18/2013, 281 pages.

message 4: by David (last edited Feb 13, 2017 09:31AM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments Nicole, policy is not to add an edition unless the cover is different (even if just by a smidge), even for different publication dates. If your cover is different than
In Search of a Love Story (Love Story, #1) by Rachel Schurig and In Search of a Love Story (Love Story, #1) by Rachel Schurig
we can add a new edition.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Normand | 577 comments My first reaction is "That's crazy". I don't care about the cover, I care about the edition and my edition is not there. Goodreads doesn't choose the cover, the author does and he/she pays for it too. It's easy to choose your edition, you just hover on each book or "show all editions" and get the list, then read the info. Why is it so important that just one cover exists?

message 6: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments I'll leave that to someone else to explain. I just try to follow policy as best as I can (and I learn as I go).

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41411 comments Mod
Other than the publication date, in what way does it differ from the Kindle May04/2012, 281 pages edition? It seems like this is the Kindle equivalent of a new printing (with the same cover and content), for which we also would not add a new edition.

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Normand | 577 comments I put a lot of books in my list to read, which are not just on a wishlist; I have acquired these books one way or the other 100%. I keep a spreadsheet of what I have, what's read, etc. and I also keep the edition and page count. Every time I do a bulk "want to read" - like 25 books at least at a time - I double-check with my listing if the info is correct. Many of these have the wrong page, or nonexistent page count. If I do not choose the correct edition and choose another one with the same page count, what assurance do I have that someone else sees THAT edition have you make some changes there. For ex. Mar23/2015 is listed at 508 pages, but June26/2016 has 366 pages by you listed it at 508 pages by mistake. Someones bought the June26/2016 and wants a page count correction at 366. That means that since you did not add my edition of Mar23/2015, my "read pages total" will go down 142 pages without me knowing. I'm a professional Reader & Reviewer - yes that's a title - That page read total is important to me when I send publishers to my account to check it out. This is why I really don't understand where your policy comes from other than not willingly wanting to add an edition, which is fine; I'll start counting my own pages since I have everything on Excel and I'm getting my info from Amazon Kindle editions.