Kingdom of Kortana discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) A small wooden house that is the home to Insidious Fox. It is relatively hidden.

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox dragged Kimberly into the house and to the far back room to which he tossed Kimberly inside.

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) ((thanks for posting here, I found it since you posted. I literally couldn’t find this thread))

Kimberly gave a gasp as she was pulled roughly inside of a building then gave a slight yelp as she was tossed to the side and grunt when she lost her balance and ended up hitting the floor. She quickly turned her tension towards the door she just been tossed through. “Why are you doing this?” She had probably already asked that question earlier but it didn’t make any sense why was he doing this people of seen his face they knew what he look like she knew what he look like unless he intended to kill them terror filled her thoughts at that!

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) ((XD.))

Fox chuckled and then laughed. It was always funny to seen royalty desperate. They often made their people, their subjects that way. Especially now with the different levels of abilities. "Why does anyone harm another, my dear?" His voice soft and dripping with venom. "Why does anyone kidnap another? It really does depend on one's morals." Fox smiled coldly. "Can I get you anything to eat? Drink perhaps?"

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly shivered at his seemingly sweet yet dark tone. “There is no reason for either.” She replied a bit more boldly than she had expected herself to. She was like I don’t loyalty. She didn’t look down on people or think less of the suppose it subjects. She also didn’t like this separation she thought everyone deserves a chance to be happy healthy and the fact that she was spending time with Alderius help to prove that point and that she was always trying to get away from the castle to be around people. Affect was she was as much a prisoner in this royal life she was royalty. Being told she had to marry someone being told she had to do what she was told liver she was told sacrifice all of her self for the good of the kingdom. When he asked if she wanted anything to eat or drink she was a bit surprised. She had just eaten actually or she ate some she was at that small café with Alderius. However she actually was thirsty parent Lee getting really scared had a tendency to make one throat dry. From mom and she consider that he would probably poison it, but then figured there would be no point as he could easily kill her right now she wasn’t exactly able to defend herself against someone who had the skills that he did. “W- water, please?” She asked timidly, like a frightened child. She felt like she might even cry. He hadn’t answered her questions and this didn’t make any sense. She was afraid to just say ‘no thanks’

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox could not help but chuckle again. He knew that accepting this mission, this kidnapping would not only pay off in cash and gold but in fun. Fox never did anything that was not fun for him to do. If it was not fun, why bother? He nodded, he would not have minded in the least if she had said no. People, humans were not hungry or thirsty all the time after all and she had just been to a cafe. A rather nice one as well.

"Right a way, miss." Fox said, noting how her voice changed. He closed the door as he walked out, the lock clicking into place. Fox then made his way swiftly to his small, modest kitchen. He walked in the shadows out of habit more than necessity. Fox hummed as he filled a glass of water, thinking that all her talking left her throat dry, and walked back to the same room. Fox unlocked the door and handed her the glass of clean, crystal water. "Here you go."

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly thought about standing up when he close the door but then she heard the walk click in place and she felt strongly that the spare hit her she never had like the idea being locked in her room just one of the reasons she turned into a fox. And then an idea struck her the fox was the smallest form she could turn into but maybe there was a way for her to get out all this time she hadn’t even considered, To utilize any of her powers or abilities. She was about to start investigating the room she was locked in to see if there was any sort of weakness when he returned before she even got up. She looked up at him as he reappeared and he was holding a glass of water that looked very clear and honestly delicious. If you didn’t have any sort of chemical or drugging it she would be surprised. All this time she was focusing on the Y but now she was starting to calm down she slowly stir it up and took the glass. “Thank you.“ She spoke softly and meekly.

She siped the water not letting her eyes leave the man wondering what was next. That was the next question instead of why, what. When she had drank quite a large shrink she drew a deep breath for current and spoke. “What do you plan to do?“ He may not answer or she may not like the answer but not knowing was possibly worse.

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox had closed the door again, but this time it was ajar. He waited to see if she would try to escape. Fox knew he could easily catch her and wouldn't mind doing it at all. That being one of the many things he considered fun.

Fox was pleased she drank the water, it not been poisoned or drugged, and wondered if she thought or assumed it had been but too thirsty to care much. If at all. He thought silently for a moment, thinking of an answer to her question. "Why ask when, in due time, you will know?" Fox countered in turn, wondering how she would react.

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly held the glass watching him for a long moment silence when he answered the way he did so cryptically. “Because I want to know not be dreading the unknown.“ She answered honestly. “The matter how bad the known is the unknown is infinitely worse...” She knew it was true because the human mind would concoct somehow even more scenarios than what we already happened. “And then there’s the fact that if you want to do something that might be able to talk you out of it.” Again deciding on total honesty. He seemed very intelligent man and perhaps he could be reasoned with?

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox stood in the corner by the door, leaning against the wall so he was partially in shadow. He smiled. "Very, very good, my dear. Very good." Fox was very glad that he had the pleasure of kidnapping a smart, young princess.

"I am planning to wait till my temporary boss contacts me to do whatever it is he exactly wants this time." Fox told her with a dip of the head.

message 11: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly who was a modest girl by nature normally would’ve blushed at the seeming praise in his reaction. However she did not (much) due to the particular situation. “I see...” well this change things a bit, he was just kidnapping her Wassona cord. She was in sure if she liked it very much disliked it but she would have to try. “and perhaps a new deal could be made? One that could prove mutually beneficial to both of us?” She really wasn’t a businesswoman and bargaining wasn’t strong suit a typical prince or princess would’ve started offering double or triple whatever he was being paid but shouldn’t think like that some money was not the first thing that came to her mind

message 12: by ((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) (last edited Oct 31, 2017 08:03PM) (new)

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox smiled, he was rather hoping Princess Kimberly would say that. "Depends....What are you willing to give?" He chuckled, crossing his arms as he spoke. Fox watched Princess Kimberly closely, a mad and yet humorousness glint in his eyes as he waited. "And mind you, gold and wealth do not interest me. Which, if you are smart, you would have realized that by now." Fox added, deciding to help her out a little.

message 13: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly was afraid of that. When he insinuated that he was doing this for fun more than anything it made her think that money may not be able to persuade him however... “It would help to know what your current... ‘employer’ was offering...” she was doing her best not to flounder and being diplomatic. She grew nervous because she didn’t know much of what she could offer that wasn’t money not that she had great deal of that to begin with. “Though... a favor... is often worth more than money...”!she was reaching, not sure if any fever from her would benefit him in anyway but she was someone of her word and if the deal was struck she would keep her end of it as long as he kept his.

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox watched her closely, wondering how often this princess made deals with someone else. "A favor would work though not a small one. What my employer offered me was power." Fox answered her, lowering his eyebrows, waiting for her reaction.

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly blinked in shock. Power? What does he mean by that? she wasn’t sure exactly how to respond but she didn’t want to lose her only possible advantage, however she wasn’t very good at thinking about her own usefulness. “For a guarantee of mine and Alderius protection, I would offer any favor you could request within my power to grant.” It was a dangerous thing to say but she was in a pretty desperate situation. And it didn’t sound quite grandiose and might be enough to persuade him

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox tilted his head. "You never made a deal before, have you?" He asked softly. Gently. Fox found this girl very amusing. He gently tapped his fingers against his arm, since his arms were crossed. Anyone who had a keen eye would find it odd how Fox could make a simple gesture as tapping fingers swift and exact.

message 17: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly flushed. Had she said something stupid? Has she ruined her chances already? “N-no... I haven’t...” it was no you she wasn’t exactly good it bluffing or bartering an alarm for own life. And she certainly wasn’t a liar. She bit the inside of her mouth trying to think of what she could say or do to help fix the mess she was in, but she was at a loss. How ever one thing did come to mind, something she could obtain easily as a fox or even a dog. “ though I do have something I’m capable of doing. I can obtain information should there be someone or something you would like to know more about there’s more to me than meets the eye... and knowledge is power right?”

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox smiled. "There you go. Now, here's a tip. When making a deal with someone, try to keep your emotions out of it. Emotions allow someone to take advantage of you. There are very few times when using your emotions helps you in a deal but in general, ignore them." He said. "Being vague is another good thing to do in bargaining. For instance, the last thing you said. Being vague often allows naive, foolish enemies bite off more than they can chew." Fox said.

message 19: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly’s insides squirmed. As she looked up at him she shifted feeling very confused but taking what he was saying to heart. Was he trying to teach her? But he kidnapped her, yet… She was so lost! And her not having a motion that was going to be an air and possible thing she was an incredibly emotional person. She had no sort of poker face and she embarrassed quite easily. Many could attest to that. “Vague...” she repeated. “Does that mean you’re interested?” She wasn’t exactly spy material but say he wanted information about some person in town she could easily turn into an animal go and eaves drop and learn a bunch of information

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox thought a moment, gently sliding down the wall to sit on the floor. His legs were folded, criss cross, and his arms remained folded. "I am interested in the fact that you are trying to make a deal. Not quite sure if you'll actually make a good enough one." Fox answered with a dip of his head. "Try sitting straighter to appear more regal and unapproachable. Like the crown prince." He added with a smirk.

message 21: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly strained her back but not because of what he said. “Do you find it fun to mock me?” She did sound genuinely offended. “I don’t know what sort of person you take me for and I think you’ve entirely improperly assumed what sort of princess I am.” When she got angry she actually sounded a lot more dignified. But not with that a prettytoned most Royals would use. She just happened to speak a little more proper when she did get annoyed, which wasn’t very often. It would be obvious though that she was angered because of the redness now to her face that wasn’t quite the same as blushing. “ i’m not even sure how this person who supposedly is your employer could give you power.” She was beginning to question he even had an employer and this wasn’t some kind of weird game of his. He seem to enjoy marking her and taunting her. Has she not allowed herself to get heated she would realize it’s pretty foolish to get angry at someone had kidnapped her but she hadn’t come down yet so she wouldn’t realize that

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) "There you go." Fox said, pointing his finger at her before crossing his arms again. "Perhaps if you remained agitated while making a deal you would be better off. Other than the red face but you can easily convince someone that is your normal skin tone." He said with a wave of his hand. "And no, I am not mocking you. If I was mocking you, you either wouldn't notice or be too shocked and upset to speak." Fox answered.

message 23: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly blinked this man was thoroughly frustrating and confusing! She relaxed slightly still annoyed but coming at least slightly. “What is it with you? Why are you like this, it’s awesome sort of game to you?“ It must be with the way he was acting he didn’t seem angered by her in the slightest which actually was good but he seem to be enjoying it instructing her like he was a teacher and then at the same time, Not just leaving her locked in the room but staying around and talking to her. She wondered if he was bored or possibly lonely.

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox smiled. "Believe me, you are not the first to figure that out." He said with a nod. "And yes, this is some sort of game to me. Life is a game played by everyone and if it is played right, can be a lot of fun." Fox answered her. "It is quite a lot of fun to view life that way. You should try it yourself some time. Aggravates a lot of people, you know." Fox chuckled.

message 25: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly’s expression softened she was confused and astounded. “Why would aggravating people be fun to you? Making them upset and afraid?” It was beyond her how anyone could find such a thing fun or entertaining. She shook her head to the sides there was no way that she would want to do that to people on purpose she wasn’t that sort of person she would rather make people smile and laugh and be happy not bring them strife or pain. “ only seek to make friends find people to do fun things with not do things to people for fun...” No, she wasn’t a typical Royal, And even more importantly she wasn’t of this kingdom but another.

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox chuckled and feigned a sad sigh. "But where, my dear, is the fun in that?" He said before laughing. Fox stood up, done talking with the naive princess. "Shout if you need anything. Food, water, blankets, pillows. I might be your kidnapper but I do have manners." He said with a bow before leaving, locking the door on his way out.

message 27: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly shook her head in disbelief that line of logic and the thought was just beyond her. However her eyes widened when he stood up and went for the door she quickly scramble to her feet but before she could even get the door he had locked it. “Wait!” She tried for the knob of course not able to get out. He was just gonna leave her in here? Leave her to wonder what was going to happen next? “Please, let me go!” It was her last desperate attempt., Simply asking. She didn’t want to stay in wherever this place was locked in this room even if he wasn’t going to be cruel to her she was still not free but a prisoner. She could only imagine how worried Alderius was...

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox paused long enough to hear her and reply. "No." He said, just loud enough for her to hear him through the door. Fox chuckled, smiling, and went to his room to check his weapons. This was even more fun than he had originally thought.

message 29: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly begin to breathe quickly full panic starting to set in. She try to get at the door but it was solid thought that she was strong enough to be able to break it down or anything of that sort. She tried to search the room now that he wasn’t in there looking for any sort of way out a gap that maybe she could squeeze in as a fox or something she could break through or dig through In her wolf form. Combing over the room carefully and even searching a pie for possible s escape routes.

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) There were no ways out. At least not visible. Fox had built this home and made sure to keep hidden doors hidden, false walls real, and so on. Fox chuckled as he checked his supplies.

message 31: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly lost track of time spent searching and even though it was a risk she decided to turn into a fox sniffing around and scratching at corner seeing if she could find anything, but of course she didn’t. She had another idea however, scrambling over the door she work to see if she could climb a bit. If she could get in a place where she could be hidden and make some sort of noise and have him come back then perhaps she could slide down the door and get out when he stepped into the room realizing he didn’t see her! Now she need to see if she could balance herself properly as well as climb up high enough or get into a position that she could remain hidden especially with her bright colorful body

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox went about his home, doing housework. He didn't care enough to hire someone to do it for him and he was supposed to be hidden so why hire someone who could just rat you out? Sure, one could threaten but people always spilled the beans in the end.

message 33: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) It took Kimberly several failed attempts but at last she seem to be getting decent a climbing the wall. Now for the moment of truth to get him to come. She wondered if she should turn human and call for him since he said he would come or… She decided on the second idea it might hurt but it was probably her best course of action. She moved to the far end of the room transforming into a wolf and then rush out the door with all of her might turning at the last moment so that her body on the side would Slam into the door of making a very loud noise of course not being strong enough to bring the door down despite being Daystrom but she quickly turned into a fox and scramble this hard as she could up the wall hoping he would come to investigate the noise

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox looked up before frowning and going to the door. He was a smart man and knew the tricks. Fox checked the door on the outside, finding no damage which meant she had not broke through. "You want me to come in don't you?" He called with a cruel smile.

message 35: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly is a fox balanced where she was trying to stay a pie. She didn’t say anything or do anything but just froze where she was. come on open the door... her plan wasn’t even guaranteed to work but at least give her a chance she didn’t know what the rest his house look like however but her mine didn’t really go that far her goal was to get out of the room soon as he open the door leaping through the gap going over and behind fox and then seeking some sort of a scape. Even if she couldn’t find one right away she might be able to hide long enough to buy her time to find a way out!

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox tilted his head. This'll be fun. He thought before quickly opening the door and crack before slamming it shut with a snap.

message 37: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly having not expected him to shut it so quickly and made her move expecting it open by the time she had left of course all she met was slick door and landed headfirst on the ground giving a massive yelp which was not the sort of noise that should come from a human girl. She whimpered dazed and stunned, so much so that she couldn’t even focus about turning back yet.

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox opened the door just enough to slip in. Closing the door behind him, he squatted down in by her. "Tsk, tsk, tsk." He said, clicking his tongue. Fox was trying not to smile, suppressing his laughter since he was not one to rude. Most of the time. "I know how the game works, little kit."

message 39: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly in her little fox form whimpered and shook her head trying to regain her senses. She couldn’t turn into a human because her clothes laid all the way at the other end of the room where she a transform the first time. And she looked up at the man feeling thoroughly annoyed and embarrassed. Has she been a more aggressive person she would’ve thought about turning into the wolf in attacking him with the thought didn’t even cross her head instead she moved to scramble away from him trying to make a beeline for her clothing. Of course she was moving slower now that she had collided in such away.

message 40: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) ((Haha love it! ‘Little kit’ Perfect! ^_^ ))

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) ((: D))

Fox stood up and went over to her clothes, moving the closer to the scampering kit. "There you go." He said gently before leaving the room to give her privacy. Fox stayed by the door, however, silent as the night is as he creeps up on the day.

message 42: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly was continually surprised with this man. He seem to put take pleasure in the fact that he kidnapped her that she was afraid that she would do stupid things and get hurt because of her stupid actions and yet we kind give her something to drink actually try and teach her things and even give her back the clothing. She quickly changed when he left the room now back in her human form couldn’t help groaning as she massaged her shoulder. Only thing that hurt worse than that was her own pride. “Why are you so nice?” She wasn’t sure why she thought he was still there or why she would ask such a stupid sounding question. Yet there was.

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox leaned his back against the door, arms crossed. He chuckled. "I am not nice, Princess Kimberly." Fox called through the door. "I simply am making the game more fun by doing what you consider to be nice. And I do have manners." He chuckled again.

message 44: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) “How is this a game, and how does what you do ‘make it fun’? I think you are just trying to fool yourself. That you actually are a nice person, but do not nice things for reasons only you would know...” manners did not account for everything he was doing yes he was polite but he’s also been exceedingly gentle with everything he did. And she really wondered if he actually had someone who hired him. Someone who intended for her to be kidnapped and was going to reward him for it to? Part of her doubted that. “I wonder if he’s just lonely...” she mumbled under her breath.

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) Fox did not hear her last remark. "Because it confuses you, my dear. I like seeing people's heads spin around in confusion as they try to figure out what I want or am up to. And it is very rude to not give another a drink when they are thirsty or to not clothe the naked." Fox answered.

((Who should have hired Fox?))

message 46: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Kimberly breathed softly pressing her back against the-wall furthest and opposite the door. “I don’t believe you...” she said loud enough to be heard, but softly. Not aggressively. “ maybe that is true to some extent… But I think there’s more to it than that...” She knew what it was like to be lonely, and maybe she was projecting her own thoughts onto him, or perhaps she recognized it in another like herself.

((Good question. we could go a couple ways with it it could be actually a member of the group, it could be an unnamed individual Who knows that she is supposed to be married to someone that is her purpose for being in the kingdom. Or could even be her mother wish I can make work to another plot I had in mind, i’m also open to any suggestions :-) ))

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) ((Any and all of those sound fine. It could also be someone who is high up but against the royalty because of their view on everyone else in the kingdom who are special like them.))

"Whatever you choose, my dear. Royalty like yourself have the freedom to choose your own thoughts freely and without many, in any, consequences." Fox called back. He knew that even royalty had to be careful in kingdoms such as this and others but they had more room to speak that townspeople and peasant ever did and do. Fox then cleared his throat.

message 48: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) ((I like that idea. ^_^ maybe we can do a mixture? A high up person who is against royals, but is seeking to gain connections through one? And whoever has her has a nice source of bartering as well as power should they marry her.))

Kimberly sighed softly. “Freedom... i have slightly more freedom here than I do in the castle. For one who sounds so wise you know very little of my life. I am not free to say or do anything without constant fear and dread of reprisals. I’m not allowed to disagree with laws, nor allowed to help those in need. I must keep my mouth shut and act elegant and graceful, unless speaking with dignitaries or nobles. Then I must be an expert on law, etiquette and their customs. I would much rather be free, even if poor and struggling to earn every meal. At least then my thoughts could be my own. My choices my own. My friends my own...” Certainly she wasn’t that different right? Could any others in her position really like this? Shallow friendship, pretense and masks? No... who could enjoy such a life? She was so lonely... “surely you know what it feels like to be lonely... even when in a crowd?”

((One of my plots I want to rp out is her being courted by a man who seems nice, but really is a scoundrel XD and when she finds out its too late so she has to be saved by an outside oarty ))

((Silver O. Smith - Gods grovel all the same.)) ((I see. I love it! Should we wait a bit for Alderius to catch up?))

Fox tilted his head. "Even if you were poor, barely making it through the day, you would not be free, my dear. You might need to remember laws, customs, and etiquette but you would need to know to keep your mouth shut and say what other want you to say. You would live in constant fear of being thrown in the dungeons and left there to rot." Fox said, his voice low and cold. "You would not have your own thoughts, being forced fed the royals thoughts throughout that day."

Fox paused. "I do but that does not change a thing."

message 50: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) “ Then neither of us are free because that is the same thing I live, I may have my thoughts but that is the only freedom I am condemned for them and though I do not get a dungeon I have a room that I’m banished to. Afraid that my words with ensnare me because I don’t agree with many things or think things that are not considered proper. I cannot speak for the Royals that are men but I as a woman have very little rights if any and it’s my job to do my duty I am not permitted to love, and I’d be lucky to even like the person that I have had chosen for me to marry... at least you have some freedoms

((Hmm. Yeah I guess. XD ))

« previous 1