Manga Book Club discussion

Questions > Adult content needed! Got any recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (new)

Miss Ryoko (missryoko) | 357 comments Mod
Hey y'all! So I am on a naughty mission (oh myyyyy) to find some manga and/or graphic novels with a lot of adult content.... mostly of the sexual variety. I work at a library and have a patron asking for "hentai" books, but I'm pretty sure that's mostly a fan driven genre ;-) But if there are manga volumes out in this genre, I'm not familiar with them.

You were all so amazing at getting me recommendations last time, I thought I'd reach out again. No judgement here, honestly! I had a few series pop in my mind when asked, the only problem is I don't think it's nearly what they're looking for. I think we want to definitely stay away from the yaori genre for this one... I suppose yuri could be a possibility.

If you have any recommendations, I'd appreciate it, and if you want to remain anonymous, please feel free to just message me and my lips are sealed!

Thank you all so much! You're all awesome!

message 2: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (new)

Oh, before I forget, I've already checked this list of titles to see if we had them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...

message 3: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Case (count_zero) | 7 comments So, if you're looking for something that is straight up explicit smut, and not just extremely risque, some of the titles that have gotten print releases from Fakku are, honestly pretty good. I'm at work at the moment so I can't give you titles at the moment, but I'd recommend in particular the books they've put out by Kisaragi Gunma.

message 4: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (new)

Thanks Alexander!! I can look up Kisaragi Gunma. And I believe that's what they're looking for. Most of the stuff I can think of is minimal sexual content unfortunately. I appreciate your suggestion!

message 5: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (new)

And the other unfortunate side is the likelihood of the library having many of these types of titles is probably pretty slim :-/ But you never know!

message 6: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Case (count_zero) | 7 comments Miss Ryoko wrote: "And the other unfortunate side is the likelihood of the library having many of these types of titles is probably pretty slim :-/ But you never know!"

I've never particularly known a library to stock those kind of materials, either because of risk of objections from members of the community or (more likely) risk of theft.

message 7: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (new)

Agreed. But you never know... we carry Crossed and that is some really crazy stuff! Lol

message 8: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 172 comments Game of Thrones Graphic Novels or as I like to think of them Ice and Fire for Dummies. :)
A Game of Thrones The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 by Daniel Abraham A Game of Thrones The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2 by Daniel Abraham A Game of Thrones The Graphic Novel, Vol. 3 by Daniel Abraham A Game of Thrones The Graphic Novel, Vol. 4 by Daniel Abraham

message 9: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 172 comments Of course you don't need hentai books when there are some heavy duty fan service books out there like Highschool DXD, gravity defying Highschool of the Dead, and the ever amusing Monster Masume.

message 10: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (new)

Thanks Ian! I'll have to check to see if we have the GoT graphics. Yeah, High School of the Dead was one of the first titles I thought of. I'll check on the other two to see if we have those as well :-)

As always, you guys rock!

message 11: by Bookkitten (collector of nice things) (last edited Feb 06, 2017 03:02AM) (new)

Bookkitten (collector of nice things) (thebookkitten) | 7 comments Hentei manga in a library? Oh my...

I would say, everything by Hiroyuki Utatane or Satoshi Urushihara you can get these days. Some is mature, some is adult but the drawing style is good.
Ogenki clinic by Haruka Inui
Bondage fairies series, which is super cute
And a former friend of mine thought it was nice to gift me the "Silky Whip" manga, but it was too hardcore for me.

As for fan service, tv is currently airing Testament of Sister New devil, which has a lot, but I don´t know how much the manga has.

message 12: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (new)

Great, thank you so much!! I know my chances are slim finding such in a library, but we do have a lot of graphic novels and some manga with sex scenes in it, so even if anyone knows any titles that aren't super hardcore but might have 2-4 sex scenes in it... that's probably the closest we'll get!

I'll check up on all these recs when I get in to work today!! This group is the best!

message 13: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (new)

Thanks all!!!

We have in our system:
Game of Thrones graphic novels
High School DxD
The Testament of Sister New Devil
High School of the Dead (of course)

If anyone is familiar with a series that might have a couple sex scenes but doesn't have to be straight up hentai, that'd be great too!! I was thinking Butterflies, Flowers.... but it's been years since I've read that one so I can't really remember.

Thanks!!

Bookkitten (collector of nice things) (thebookkitten) | 7 comments It sounds like the Bondage Fairies series....

message 15: by Chelsea (last edited Feb 06, 2017 10:38PM) (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 15 comments Miss Ryoko wrote: If anyone is familiar with a series that might have a couple sex scenes but doesn't have to be straight up hentai, that'd be great too!! I was thinking Butterflies, Flowers.... but it's been years since I've read that one so I can't really remember."

I remember starting Butterflies, Flowers but have not gotten around to finishing it yet.
A few other series I have read that have sex scenes but are not just about sex include:
Midnight Secretary
Spell of Desire
Happy Marriage?!

Sensual Phrase might be good as well but I am not sure since I have only read the first two volumes and then got into something else before I got volume 3 from my library and ended up returning it before getting back to the series.

Hope this helps a little.

message 17: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 172 comments Tohyo Game: One Black Ballot to You, Vol. 2
I just recently started reading the 2nd volume of this series and there is at least one sex scene in it. If I recall the first volume has some nudity too but it is mostly a series about death under mysterious circumstances.

message 18: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (new)

Thank you Chelsea!! We had all three of the ones you listed (but sadly not Sensual Phrase)

No City Hunter either :-(

THANK YOU!!!

message 19: by Jingraves (new)

Jingraves | 33 comments Ian wrote: "Tohyo Game: One Black Ballot to You, Vol. 2
I just recently started reading the 2nd volume of this series and there is at least one sex scene in it. If I recall the first volume has..."

I think there are only 3 books in the series.

message 20: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 172 comments Jingraves wrote: "Ian wrote: "Tohyo Game: One Black Ballot to You, Vol. 2
I just recently started reading the 2nd volume of this series and there is at least one sex scene in it. If I recall the firs..."

Wouldn't surprise me. Doubt only had 2 large books. Sometimes a series needs to be short. :)

message 21: by Jingraves (new)

Jingraves | 33 comments Ian wrote: "Jingraves wrote: "Ian wrote: "Tohyo Game: One Black Ballot to You, Vol. 2
I just recently started reading the 2nd volume of this series and there is at least one sex scene in it. If..."

Ya, have you read "No Longer Human" or "Flowers of Evil"?

I feel like they would fit into that group too.
Maybe "From the New World" too.

message 22: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 172 comments Jingraves wrote: "Ian wrote: "Jingraves wrote: "Ian wrote: "Tohyo Game: One Black Ballot to You, Vol. 2
I just recently started reading the 2nd volume of this series and there is at least one sex sce..."

Not yet but I have wanted to read Flowers of Evil. One of these days I might still. :)

message 23: by Bookkitten (collector of nice things) (last edited Nov 17, 2017 04:56AM) (new)

Bookkitten (collector of nice things) (thebookkitten) | 7 comments Did anyone mention Najica or Agent Aika yet? No sex, but a lot of pantyshots and a nice drawing style.

message 24: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 172 comments Bookkitten (currently a terrible book hoarder) wrote: "Did anyone mention Najica or Agent Aika yet? No sex, but a lot of pantyshots and a nice drawing style."

Also fairly old so probably not. :)

message 25: by bananageeks (new)

bananageeks (bananageeks7) | 2 comments You said no yaoi....pity.