Reading RURD -- Muslim & American discussion

Free to Say Whatever In This Thread, aka, OFF Topic

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 44 comments Whatever you got to say, you can say it here.

message 2: by ATG (new)

ATG | 2 comments Stopped in my local Mosque last evening on a whim. Met a few very kind people, shook hands, made plans to break bread. I can only imagine how it feels, just now, to be Muslim in America.

message 3: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 44 comments ATJG wrote: "Stopped in my local Mosque last evening on a whim. Met a few very kind people, shook hands, made plans to break bread. I can only imagine how it feels, just now, to be Muslim in America."

Totally cool.

message 4: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 44 comments Those of you stumbling into this group and subsequently discovering how damn $$$$ RURD is, we've got a thread over at Vollmann Central to help find a copy for you ::
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Meanwhile, WorldCat is a good source for locating a library near you which might have a copy ::
https://www.worldcat.org/title/rising...

message 5: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Weber | 16 comments As a Canadian, and what happened recently in a Mosque in Quebec, any idea if Vollmann treaded into White Nationalist violence territory?

message 6: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 44 comments Alexander wrote: "As a Canadian, and what happened recently in a Mosque in Quebec, any idea if Vollmann treaded into White Nationalist violence territory?"

You'll want to look at Defense of Race and Culture in volume II. There you'll find (I'm looking at the Annotated Contents in MC) "racial right to be included vs right to exclude", "the KKK", and "theories of black inferiority and white self-defense" among other things. But too you'll see some questions of white supremacy in the essays we've got lined up to read here.

message 7: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Weber | 16 comments Sweet. Thanks for looking that up for me (my MC is in a different city)
I'm reading Vol II right now, so I guess I haven't gotten there. Excited