Bexley Book Buzz discussion

Valentine's Day.... books we love

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Duckworth | 26 comments Mod
Valentine's Day is on the horizon again and that got me thinking about books I love...

There are lots of favourites to consider - Lord of the Rings, Brave New World, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Dune, Anne McCaffrey's dragon series...

But my Valentine for 2017 has to be "The Belgariad" series by David Eddings. Fabulous escapism and truly likable characters. I could read this one over and over again and still find lots to love about it.

Which books do you love?Pawn of Prophecy

message 2: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 2 comments For me it has to Rebecca, its just so atmospheric, Mrs Danvers is the ultimate rotter.

I don't have a 2017 favourite yet but there is time!

A book that i really loved was the Ocean at the end of the lane by Neil Gaiman, its just pure fantasy, a childhood nightmare, brilliant.

message 3: by Ed (new)

Ed Andrews | 7 comments I could read and re-read Wraith Squadron by Aaron Allston (a Star Wars tie-in novel) forever, as much as I could always dip into My Name Escapes Me, by Alec Guinness, or Candide by Voltaire. It always takes a certain mood for a certain favourite.

message 4: by Will (new)

Will | 26 comments Did someone mention love?...Then I`m afraid it still has to be P.G.!
Anything by P.G. Wodehouse I love, but - as Valentine's Day approaches, might I venture that you try 'The Mating Season'?...
Bertie, Madeleine and Gussie Fink-Nottle's amorous advances, played out under Jeeves' watchful eye...

As the Americans might say : "What's not to like, or love?"...

Enjoy.