Play Book Tag discussion

Behind Closed Doors
This topic is about Behind Closed Doors
Archive: Other Books > Behind Closed Doors - B.A. Paris - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments I picked this up in January for the bonus tag but I didn't manage to fit it in in time, so here we are in February! I found this thriller ultimately underwhelming. The first half had me interested, but I became tired of the storyline in the second half, although not enough to give it the flick. For me it just didn't seem believable, and I found the writing to be too simplistic. I would suggest it to anyone who is looking for an easy but forgettable thriller, but if you didn't read it you wouldn't be missing anything.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments I liked this more than you, but definitely agree that it didn't seem believable. Like no one in Millie's caretaking is suspicious about anything? I think of books like these the fluff and chick lit of psychological thrillers. Great for the time being and reading, but pretty mindless and not too much substance.

message 3: by Flo (new)

Flo (matthewmurdock) | 147 comments That was ultimately why I chose not to read it. It seemed interesting, but not...~deep enough for me to sink my teeth into, I guess. Like it would end up being a book I enjoyed, but would forget about after a day.

Susie | 4488 comments Joi, perfect description - the chick lit of psychological thrillers! Flo, you are right. It will quickly leave my memory.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8868 comments And quickly leave my TBR - Lol!

Susie | 4488 comments Ha! I know others have enjoyed it more.

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I also rated it three stars. It just seemed unbelievable to me.

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1367 comments I'm sorry to hear you didn't like it. I really enjoyed it. I wanted to know how things were going to end from the get go which kept me reading. It wasn't my favorite read by any means and while it was unbelievable, I still liked it.