2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2017 > Sarah's Filthy 50

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Buckley | 3 comments So far I'm on track, so 4 books down in 2017! I've read (in order):
1. The Gunslinger
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (reread)
3. The 5th Wave
4. Milk and Honey

I hated the 5th Wave, and I'm willing to inform everyone why. I'm also in the middle of reading Into the Wild, Nobody: Casualties of America's War on the Vulnerable, from Ferguson to Flint and Beyond, The Shining, and Long Walk to Freedom.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Buckley | 3 comments Riza wrote: "do you mind if I ask are you not confuse when you read all at the same time? I mean not finishing one book then read another?"

I actually kind of pick one "main" book to read, and the others I just read when I need a break. So right now I'm mainly focusing on Into the Wild, but when I need a break I read one of the others :) I also didn't get into this habit until recently, and I've found that it helps me finish more books!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Buckley | 3 comments I finished Into the Wild on Friday. Loved it. I know a lot of people hated McCandless, but I don't think he was anymore flawed than any other human. He just took his desire to be completely independent farther than most people. I also think that Krakauer did a great job with keeping the story moving, and I enjoyed a lot of the side stories and background information he gave.