Bibliophile Babes Book Club discussion

Book Club Re-group

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (Lillytales) (lillytales) | 122 comments Mod
Hello my fellow book clubbers!

I hope you're all having a great start to the year. I want to check in to see how you're all feeling about the book club as Sara and I have been discussing potential ways to make it better and more engaging this year.

I guess I just want to start a conversation to see who is actively participating in the book club/plans to read along with us during 2017? That way, we can get an idea of how many people are seeing this message and keen to keep on going :)

Thanks
Kate

message 2: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (ohthathayley) I'm definitely still interested in the bookclub, although I don't know how active I'll be with uni starting up again in a few weeks. But fingers crossed for participation and reading on my part.

message 3: by Claire (new)

Claire (cmoo053) Hey team, I'm really keen to keep up with reading along

message 4: by Kate (new)

Hey guys, that's really great to hear! Just so I can gauge a general consensus, can you let me know how you feel about the following?

- Is 1 month long enough to acquire the book and read it and be ready to participate in a discussion on its themes etc.?
- Would you like the books to be chosen by vote as we currently do?
- Do you find GoodReads easy to use as a place to discuss the book?
- Would you be interested in curating a 6 or 12 month list in advance so we know which books we're reading each month and can acquire them with plenty of time?

message 5: by Claire (new)

Claire (cmoo053) Hey Kate- love your ideas. I personally find goodreads a great place to discuss. I enjoy Facebook but find stuff easily gets lost in the stream of other stuff. It's easier to find the discussions you want on here.
I like the idea of voting for books, but I'm not super attached to it- I think this could work just as well without it.
I think having a list of books in advance would be great- just to give everyone time to source books. 3-6 months is probably an ideal timeframe, gives everyone time to source books but would allow us to keep relatively current should we want to?

Does that help some?

message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire (cmoo053) Oops forgot to say, I think a month is enough time, especially if you started organising the schedule in advance some

message 7: by Michelle_Mck (new)

Michelle_Mck | 2 comments I just stumbled across your book club and it looks like a great one. Looking forward to getting involved

message 8: by Jacm (new)

Jacm I also just discovered this book club & would love to be involved. I think knowing the books at least a couple of months in advance would be really helpful. Can't wait!

message 9: by Celina (new)

Celina (venusinbooks) A couple months notice would be great! I like the voting and discussing should be simple enough here. I plan to be more active (:

message 10: by Kate (new)

Hey Michelle, Jacm and Celina - so nice to have you here with us! Thanks to everyone for your feedback. Sara and I are currently working on a list of books to poll for the upcoming list. Thanks for your patience, we'll get this happening asap! x

message 11: by Claire (new)

Claire (cmoo053) Awesome news Kate!!

message 12: by Kate (new)

Hey guys, I have popped the list of potential books for our next 6 months into the Group's homepage. Head over there to take your pick on which books you'd like to have in our reading list!

Can't wait to hear what you all think :)

Kate

message 13: by Claire (new)

Claire (cmoo053) Awesome- thanks for taking the time to organise this Kate