Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Young Adult Realistic Fiction

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim | 3 comments Need beta readers for my first book. It's complete at 80,000 words. "Accidental Summer".

It's sort of a coming of age story. Derry graduates from high school in 1981 and becomes friendly with the coolest person in school, a Head whose unlike anyone he's ever hung out with. When Derry and Paul discover that their older brothers don't want them hanging out, the summer turns in unexpected ways.

I can send manuscript in various fie types. Thanks.

message 2: by Amandeep (new)

Amandeep Singh | 35 comments Hi there! I'd be interested in reading your book as part of a beta swap. My story is 80k words and is YA/ Dystopian. And "head" as in headmaster, right?

My story's blurb:

The premise: A superhero story with a twist!

It's the near future, and America has turned into a third world country because of a major economic depression. Sarah is a 16 year old homeless girl who lives in the crime-filled city of New Boston.

Sarah cannot control herself when she see's a crime; she jumps in to help no matter the threat on her own life. When Sarah accidentally ends up taking an action that dooms her whole city and everyone in it, she has no choice but to somehow save the day even though she's a starving girl who can't do a single pushup and can't take a light pinch.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim | 3 comments Yeah. I can do that.

I used the term "Head" to describe a teen who is involved in drugs. Mostly pot.

Should we exchange emails and send electronic files? Word or PDF is fine.

Jim

message 4: by Amandeep (new)

Amandeep Singh | 35 comments My email is amandeep3252@gmail.com

You can send me your story as a MS word document. I'll do the same. My story will have to be sent chapter by chapter, though, since I'm still editing the later chapters. Is that fine?

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 3 comments Amandee

Yes. That's fine. I'll send you my manuscript soon.

Thanks

Jim