EMPOWERING PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS... with INDIA discussion

Get acquainted with EPI > Members! Say "Hi" here!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 252 (252 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Cat (last edited Feb 02, 2017 04:49PM) (new)

Cat Imb || The Reading Cat || | 616 comments Mod
Hey everyone!

I'm Cat, and the co-founder of this group with the amazing India R. Adams! I am a student who loves reading, and connecting with people in the book community. I am hoping to meet wonderful people here!

I am studying Architecture in the great white North (Canada), and aspire to one day try my hand at writing. For now, I content myself with reviewing books! I run my own blog and write reviews of practically every book I read. According to a special someone, I am, and I quote: "a GREAT BLOGGER!". There's a section in this group with links to my blog and reviews. Feel free to visit my website. And by feel free, I mean I obligate you. Just kidding.

Another passion of mine is discovering new music! I love listening to unknown music, and discovering vocal and musical talent.

So I welcome you all to EPI, and hope we will have a great time together! I am available to answer any and all of your questions! Feel free to add me as a friend as well. I won't bite ;)

Your turn! What's a little something about you?

Love,

-Cat

message 2: by India (new)

India Adams (indiaradams) | 571 comments Mod
Hey everyone! My name is India!

I'm a mom, a wife, and a lover of many things (mind out of the gutter people!). I write YA and NA novels in a mix of genres. My books tend to be on the heavy side, which actually has many readers reaching out to me, telling me their story! I love it! And wished there was a way to talk to more of you. My brilliant friend, Miss Cat (who you have met), suggested having a Goodreads group. I mentioned she is brilliant, right? So here we are! Wanting to hear from you all! Now we have a home where we can talk about my books and other books that have touched your heart and have changed you for the better—opened your eyes and made you think.

Welcome, and please tell us a little about yourself. Can't wait to hear from ya!

Your author,
India

message 3: by Merissa (new)

Merissa (Archaeolibrarian) (merissa13) | 38 comments Hi everyone

I'm probably out of sync time zone wise, but I'm sure we'll all catch up at some point!

I'm an English transplant living in Germany, just outside of Frankfurt. Although I never dreamt of living abroad, the financial recession made it become a reality as we followed my husband out here when he found work.

I'm a mum of two beautiful girls (9 and 7) living with me, and one gorgeous son who lives with his dad. The school hours are crazy here in Germany, and with no friends or family around, it was hard for me to work. So we made the decision that I would be a Stay-at-Home Mum until the girls are old enough to be by themselves.

To try and keep myself out of mischief (doesn't always work) I took up blogging. At first it was only so that I had somewhere to keep my reviews altogether. Things quickly moved on and I now join in with tours, cover reveals, spotlights etc, as well as having four other people review under the Archaeolibrarian banner.

At the end of 2013, I entered one of my short stories (more of a snippet) into a competition. I didn't win, but one of the judges contacted me to ask what happened next. Well, a book happened next, followed by a prequel novella. I am currently working on the second full length book in the series, as well as blogging and being a mum.

So that's me.

Merissa :)

message 4: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments Hi,
I'm Sarah and I live in Scotland, so I'm another one that's out of sync. I'm a wife and a mum of a 4 year-old girl and 2 year-old boy. I love to read!
Hmm,I'm not sure what else.
Sarah

message 5: by India (new)

Sarah-Jane wrote: "Hi,
I'm Sarah and I live in Scotland, so I'm another one that's out of sync. I'm a wife and a mum of a 4 year-old girl and 2 year-old boy. I love to read!
Sarah"

Miss Sarah! You are here!
I love that you guys are out of sync! A lot of times Melissa responds to my messages while I sleep. So neat.
And I love how you guys talk. "Mum"? Yum!

message 6: by Polina (new)

Polina Traore (pollytraore) | 30 comments Hi, and first of all, let me compliment you on such an interesting group with great intentions!
My name is Polina, I am 20 (28 if you believe my birth certificate, but to me that's just a piece of paper).
I'm still not sure when you are allowed to call yourself a writer, I do write for living, and I do have a book with my name on it.
How'd that happened, right? Well, me and my friend/co-author just came up with the idea to tell a story. So we did).
I did study journalism before I got into fiction, so writing was in the picture long before I dared to call myself a writer.
I live in Russia, so I am kind of closer to Merissa's time zone) but in my mind I actually exist in a whole other world where anything is possible). As unoriginal as it sounds, it's my hideout, source of inspiration, and the perfect place for me.
I love music so much, I've decided to go learn to play the piano at 28, I love comic books and never miss a marvel premiere, I love literature, and old movies, fashion, architecture, interior design, beautiful things. Well, basically, art in any form. And I have a weird passion for philosophy, which for me is also a form of art).
I consider writing to be very similar to math and logic.
Looks like that's enough for one introduction :)
Nice to meet you all too!)

message 7: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments Yep! I'm here! :)

message 8: by Polina (new)

Polina Traore (pollytraore) | 30 comments Sarah-Jane wrote: "Hi,
Sarah"

It's three of us out-of-syncers (yes, I now make up words)))) :) The time is on our side now!

message 9: by India (new)

Polina wrote: "Hi, and first of all, let me compliment you on such an interesting group with great intentions!
My name is Polina, I am 20 (28 if you believe my birth certificate, but to me that's just a piece of..."

I'm still laughing over your birth certificate comment! I'm in my forties but celebrate my 29th birthday, every year. Its a running joke that I refuse to end.

Thank you for appreciating our concept here, and THANK YOU for joining us!!!!

I'm not sure when you can call yourself a writer either, I hold them in high regard. I'm just now admitting to being an author. For years I claimed to be a story teller. So we have this in common :)

My mama was an artist. She passed a year-n-half ago and my house is becoming a shrine of her work! lol! I'll have to post pics—Eww! That just reminded me of a cover she was designing for my book Rain! We didn't end up using it but I love it dearly. I will share that in the art section of this group (as soon as I learn how, lol)! This 29 year old is still struggling with technology.

message 10: by Polina (new)

Polina Traore (pollytraore) | 30 comments India wrote: "Polina wrote: "Hi, and first of all, let me compliment you on such an interesting group with great intentions!
My name is Polina, I am 20 (28 if you believe my birth certificate, but to me that's ..."

The only time I accept any new numbers is when I get a birthday cake. Every year I get a slightly bigger one to fit all the candles). On all other occasions 20 is my number!

I'm considering myself an arranger of letters. That's what I do, I arrange letters into words, words into sentences etc). So maybe when others start calling me a writer)... we'll see).

I think we all are artists here), but I'd love to see some pictures here!

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Locker Hello, thank you so much for the invite. I am a lover of all things Romance and Urban Fantasy. Like, a little obsessed in my free time, probably. I write contemporary romance, read most sub genres of romance, and blog my reviews. I have recently started dedicating a lot of my time to helping other indie authors, coordinating collaborative author promos and dabbling in cover art with Photoshop. Nice to meet everyone. :)

message 12: by India (new)

Polina wrote: "India wrote: "Polina wrote: "Hi, and first of all, let me compliment you on such an interesting group with great intentions!
My name is Polina, I am 20 (28 if you believe my birth certificate, but..."

I agree, we are all creators here. Yum!
Now thinking about it, isn't art perception?
Some perceive something to be an art form when others don't. Unless it becomes violent, I feel there is beauty in diverse opinions. If we all agreed, wouldn't this world be a bit boring?
Hmmm...

message 13: by Polina (new)

Polina Traore (pollytraore) | 30 comments Nicole wrote: "Hello, thank you so much for the invite. I am a lover of all things Romance and Urban Fantasy. Like, a little obsessed in my free time, probably. I write contemporary romance, read most sub genres ..."

I always can't help but admire authors who help other authors :) this is something our indie community needs, because well, if we want to overtake the industry, we need to unite! (Now I sound like a revolutionist, which combined with my Russian upbringing and year 2017 (remember what happened here in 1917?) scares even me :D)

message 14: by India (new)

Nicole wrote: "Hello, thank you so much for the invite. I am a lover of all things Romance and Urban Fantasy. Like, a little obsessed in my free time, probably. I write contemporary romance, read most sub genres ..."

Miss Nicole! So nice to have you here!
You're dabbling in book covers? I envy your courage. All I can manage is "attempting" to describe what I want to my cover guy. And that usually takes several emails because he's like, "Huh? You want the tree on her head?"

message 15: by Polina (new)

Polina Traore (pollytraore) | 30 comments India wrote: "Polina wrote: "India wrote: "Polina wrote: "Hi, and first of all, let me compliment you on such an interesting group with great intentions!
My name is Polina, I am 20 (28 if you believe my birth c..."

Agreed! :) I think art is in everything, if you're willing to see it. But for an artist it's the ability to recognise it that is essential, and to repeat or show it in a different form. Music can tell stories, a picture can show sounds, and a book can let you live another life.

message 16: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments Out-of-syncers :) nice :)

message 17: by Merissa (new)

Merissa (Archaeolibrarian) (merissa13) | 38 comments *Waves quickly at everyone before disappearing again as her children are home, which equals no peace! ;) *

message 18: by L.N. (last edited Feb 07, 2017 08:12AM) (new)

L.N. Denison | 125 comments Polina wrote: "Sarah-Jane wrote: "Hi,
Hmm,I'm not sure what e..."

Make that 4 out-of-syncers (Loving the new word. They should put it in the Oxford dictionary =).)

Hi everybody, my name is Layla, but my pen name is L.N. Denison, which is a combination of my first and middle initial and my mother's maiden name....a good bit of worthless info there =D.

I write a lot, I read a lot, I work a lot...and something I don't do a lot of, is sleep. I'm quite happy with the 5 hours I do get. I seem to get on just fine with that =).

message 19: by India (new)

Polina wrote: "India wrote: "Polina wrote: "India wrote: "Polina wrote: "Hi, and first of all, let me compliment you on such an interesting group with great intentions!
My name is Polina, I am 20 (28 if you beli..."

Eww, some key words: If you're willing to see it.
Yum. Yum. And, yum!
I love your whole post. Nice.

message 20: by India (new)

Merissa wrote: "*Waves quickly at everyone before disappearing again as her children are home, which equals no peace! ;) *"

Waves back! Enjoy your babies!

message 21: by India (new)

Sarah-Jane wrote: "Out-of-syncers :) nice :)"

Did you guys just invent a word? Cause I'm LIKING IT!!!

message 22: by India (new)

L.N. wrote: "Polina wrote: "Sarah-Jane wrote: "Hi,
Hmm,I'm ..."

I love your name, Layla. And your created author name always stands out to me. Thanks for being here, girl!

message 23: by Polina (new)

Polina Traore (pollytraore) | 30 comments L.N. wrote: "Polina wrote: "Sarah-Jane wrote: "Hi,
Hmm,I'm ..."

We have them totally outnumbered now ;)
5 hours of sleep - I sleep 10 minimum and still want more) But then again, it's winter and if bears taught us anything - it's that winter is a sleepy-time!)

message 24: by Polina (new)

Polina Traore (pollytraore) | 30 comments India wrote: "Polina wrote: "India wrote: "Polina wrote: "India wrote: "Polina wrote: "Hi, and first of all, let me compliment you on such an interesting group with great intentions!
My name is Polina, I am 20 ..."

Oh, I tend to get into serious matters, and always look for new ways to say old wise thoughts). But the humanity has a rich history of turning scratching on walls, caves or fire into art).

message 25: by L.N. (new)

L.N. Denison | 125 comments India wrote: "L.N. wrote: "Polina wrote: "Sarah-Jane wrote: "Hi,
I'm Sarah and I live in Scotland, so I'm another one that's out of sync. I'm a wife and a mum of a 4 year-old girl and 2 year-old boy. I love to r..."

India wrote: "L.N. wrote: "Polina wrote: "Sarah-Jane wrote: "Hi,
I'm Sarah and I live in Scotland, so I'm another one that's out of sync. I'm a wife and a mum of a 4 year-old girl and 2 year-old boy. I love to r..."

Thanks for having me =D xx

message 26: by J-9 (new)

J-9 | 2 comments Hi everyone.
I am Janine.
I live in Canada. I work in a school with special needs kids.
I am an animal lover.
I must admit I tend to like animals more than humans

message 27: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell Hello all! Name's Eldon and I'm a father of a young son, an accountant by trade, and a thriller writer in the spare time I can find :)

Thanks to India for the invite!

message 28: by Cat (new)

Janine wrote: "Hi everyone.
I am Janine.
I am an animal lover.
I must admit I tend to like animals more than humans"

YAY! Another Canadian! Glad to have you Janine. Animals over humans? You are not alone. *starts petting cat*

message 29: by India (new)

Janine wrote: "Hi everyone.
I am Janine.
I am an animal lover.
I must admit I tend to like animals more than humans"

What if I wear a puppy costume? Does that help my human status?

message 30: by India (new)

Eldon wrote: "Hello all! Name's Eldon and I'm a father of a young son, an accountant by trade, and a thriller writer in the spare time I can find :)

Thanks to India for the invite!"

You're welcome! I'm so glad you are here :)

message 31: by Sage (new)

Sage Knightly (sageknightly_) | 13 comments Hello everyone!

My name is Sage and I am a teenaged Canadian book reviewer. I am addicted to coffee and since I have very few classes this semester, I have a lot more time to read! It's great to be here and I hope to meet many new friends:)

Thank you India for the invite! Everything by you that I have read so far has been brilliant, and I hope everyone can agree!

message 32: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell Nice to meet a fellow Canuck Sage :)

message 33: by Cat (new)

Sage wrote: "Hello everyone!

My name is Sage and I am a teenaged Canadian book reviewer. I am addicted to coffee and since I have very few classes this semester, I have a lot more time to read! It's great to b..."

Hello fellow Canadian! :) So lucky having less classes this semester! I'm already swarmed, and have become addicted to coffee because of it.

message 34: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 29 comments Hello, I'm J. Saman and I write contemporary and new adult romance. I live in New England and am a huge Patriots and Red Sox fan. I have 3 girls and a wonderful husband.

Thank you India for the invite. This group looks really interesting!

message 35: by Cat (new)

Eldon wrote: "Nice to meet a fellow Canuck Sage :)"

So many Canadians! Loving it!

message 36: by Cat (new)

J. wrote: "Hello, I'm J. Saman and I write contemporary and new adult romance. I live in New England and am a huge Patriots and Red Sox fan. I have 3 girls and a wonderful husband.

Thank you India for the i..."

Welcome to the group J.! We're glad to have you!

I'll be sure to check out your books ;)

message 37: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 29 comments Thanks @Catherine! I'm really happy to be here!

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) | 98 comments Hello everyone!

While my name isn't Anna, that's what everyone here calls me. :) I'm a blogger, reviewer, bookstagrammer, reader, student, and a very bad tweeter. I love emotional reads (so obviously I'm obsessed with India's work), and really almost anything that's fiction. :)

message 39: by Merissa (new)

Merissa (Archaeolibrarian) (merissa13) | 38 comments So many new faces! :) Welcome to one and all, plus any other "out-of-syncers" lol

message 40: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments Hi everyone! (Even though you're probably all in bed!)

message 41: by Polina (new)

Polina Traore (pollytraore) | 30 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Hello everyone!

While my name isn't Anna, that's what everyone here calls me. :) I'm a blogger, reviewer, bookstagrammer, reader, student, and a very bad tweeter. I love emotional reads (so obvio..."

I feel like there's gotta be a story behind this name)

message 42: by Alex (new)

Alex Miller | 5 comments Hey everyone!
I'm Alex, another Canadian, and a friend of Catherine :) (thanks for the invite!)
I am a lover of architecture (I would hope so, since I'm studying to be a technologist and hope to get my masters). I too love anything Marvel movies, and any and all things to do with giraffes :p
As for books, anything romance, YA, fiction has my full attention, bonus points if any characters have a traumatic past (thank you India for feeding that love :) )
Look forward to being a part of the group!

message 43: by India (new)

Sage wrote: "Hello everyone!

My name is Sage and I am a teenaged Canadian book reviewer. I am addicted to coffee and since I have very few classes this semester, I have a lot more time to read! It's great to b..."

Sage! You're here! Thanks for coming! Yay!
We seem to have a great little group building here. So excited!

message 44: by India (new)

Eldon wrote: "Nice to meet a fellow Canuck Sage :)"

lol!

message 45: by India (new)

J. wrote: "Hello, I'm J. Saman and I write contemporary and new adult romance. I live in New England and am a huge Patriots and Red Sox fan. I have 3 girls and a wonderful husband.

Thank you India for the i..."

Hey! Miss J! I've meaning to reach out to you for an interview later this year. Thanks for joining us, girl!

message 46: by India (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Hello everyone!

While my name isn't Anna, that's what everyone here calls me. :) I'm a blogger, reviewer, bookstagrammer, reader, student, and a very bad tweeter. I love emotional reads (so obvio..."

One of my favorite bloggers is here! Whoooooooeeeeeee!
You HAVE to post that pic on your wrist.

Who ever is reading this post, if you're a fan of Serenity, this will tug at your heart strings!!!!!!

Anna(not Anna, lol) look under the folder Forever and see where fan art can be posted. Attach an Instagram link there also (if you want more followers). Thanks for loving Serenity like you do!

message 47: by India (new)

Sarah-Jane wrote: "Hi everyone! (Even though you're probably all in bed!)"

Lol!

message 48: by India (new)

Alex wrote: "Hey everyone!
I'm Alex, another Canadian, and a friend of Catherine :) (thanks for the invite!)
I am a lover of architecture (I would hope so, since I'm studying to be a technologist and hope to ge..."

Squeal! Miss Alex made it to us! Welcome, girl!

message 49: by Cat (new)

Alex wrote: "Hey everyone!
I am a lover of architecture (I would hope so, since I'm studying to be a technologist and hope to ge..."

YAY! I'm so glad you joined :D Love you, you wonderful human! Now you have an obligation to read the rest of India's books - evil laugh.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) | 98 comments Polina wrote: "Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Hello everyone!

While my name isn't Anna, that's what everyone here calls me. :) I'm a blogger, reviewer, bookstagrammer, reader, student, and a very ba..."

I feel like life is so messy that I wanted a sort of home away from home. :) Anna is connected to my name in a way, but it's nice to be able to get away from real life. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6