Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Amazon Book Link Not Working

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (new)

Claire Perkins (clairehperkins) | 5 comments Hi There

My book The Dear God Letters is not being directed to Amazon UK anymore. When I click on the link it takes me to:

Looking for something?
We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site.

Here is the link on Goodreads for my book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Thank you
Kind regards
Claire

message 2: by Philip (last edited Feb 02, 2017 02:52PM) (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments I would say the link for that edition of the book probably has never worked, since it is a truncated ISBN13 in the ASIN field.

Working on fixing things. Done

There was another edition out there under a profile with no period after the initial, that had the ISBN10/13, so fixed the Author Name, Combined and merged.

Here is that paperback edition.
The Dear God Letters

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13731 comments The paperback has a truncated ISBN-13 in the ASIN field, that is why the link is broken. What is the correct ISBN?

message 4: by Claire (new)

Claire Perkins (clairehperkins) | 5 comments Philip wrote: "I would say the link for that edition of the book probably has never worked, since it is a truncated ISBN13 in the ASIN field.

Working on fixing things. Done

There was another edition out there u..."

That's odd. I have paperback and kindle editions! Oh well, thank you for fixing it anyway.

message 5: by Claire (new)

Claire Perkins (clairehperkins) | 5 comments lethe wrote: "The paperback has a truncated ISBN-13 in the ASIN field, that is why the link is broken. What is the correct ISBN?"

Lethe, I believe Philip has fixed it as it seems to be working now! The ISBN-13 is 978-1536991383

Thanks guys : )

message 6: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Your Kindle edition was perfectly fine. There was nothing wrong with it, just there were 2 paperback out there one with a shortened ISBN13 in the ASIN field.