What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy; Part of a series; Has magic with jewels or shapes?; Female love interest was a traitor?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (last edited Feb 02, 2017 08:48PM) (new)

Pam | 2 comments I read this back around the mid 2000's and I'm pretty sure the author is male. This specific book seems like an add-on to a much longer series. A sorcerer/wizard/magician is in love with a female sorceress/witch/mage. The female love interest was considered an enemy because (I think) she was shortly married to an enemy that was defeated. The type of magic that the characters use involves shapes or colors (possibly jewels).

The specific scene I remember is the male and female lead sitting cross-legged on the floor (either in a field or tower) with their backs to each other performing magic.

That's all I remember. I've been chasing this book down for years.

message 2: by Bunnycore (last edited Feb 02, 2017 04:20PM) (new)

Bunnycore Sorceress by Saskia Walker
Pub date 2010

A Sorceress of His Own
By Dianne Duvall
Might not be this one pub date 2015

Knits Reads Games Sings (knitsreadsgamessings) | 23 comments The Black Jewels has a magic system using both colors and jewels. However, it's by a woman, not a man, and I don't remember the specific scene.

But! There's one stand-alone novel I haven't read, which might be exactly what you're looking for:

The Invisible Ring

It's set in the same world, so same magic system, and it sounds like the setup is a close match for your book.

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam | 2 comments It's definitely not from the Black Jewels series. I've read that many many times over though!

message 5: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1199 comments I can't say if any of them fit -since I only read the first book years back, but maybe take a look at the series that starts with The Charmed Sphere
The magic in it is based on shapes somehow, I forget the specifics.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38278 comments Mod
Pam, are you still looking for this or did you find it?