Romance Writers & Readers discussion

Author Help > Any vampire fans here?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 527 comments Do you love reading vampire romances?

I'm almost done with draft 1 of my WIP.
Mine are not normal vampires, so would love someone to have a readthrough and let me know a genre fan's opinion, please.

(it's OK; they don't sparkle, they're just a bit not undead)

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Moved this to author help.

I've seen lots of different types of vampire stories. I'm sure you can't go wrong. *wink*

I even enjoyed the sparkling kind. lol.

message 3: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 527 comments Oops. Thanks for the move. Wasn't quite sure on its best location.

So, not undead vampires OK?
They're not veggie or sparkly. But they're not overly testosteroney either.
They're kinda earthy.

I've just seen many fans rip some stories to shreds (like Twilight).

message 4: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 688 comments Mod
I'm not a fan of vampires really. I have been known to read one or two of them if the mood strikes me. Most of the time if I do read a vampire book they aren't the undead kind lol so I don't think you should have many problems there! That's just my humble opinion though!

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) I just figured if you wanted people to read your story for input, Author Help is the best spot for it. :)

And I actually liked Twilight. Lots of people have. And lots of people hated it. But honestly, I think you're gonna have that with any book. You can't make everybody happy.

I would write the story you want and go with it. Of course, it's always nice to get peoples opinion. I have read, like I said before, lots of vampire stories that varied in so many ways. I think it's great when an author takes something, like vampires, and puts a twist to it. Makes it different and unique. So, not undead vampire? Heck yeah, I like the idea. Nothing wrong with that.

message 6: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 527 comments Cool. Thanks. I just didn't want to be pekted with garlic ;-)

message 7: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 2365 comments Mod
I dig select vampires but never really in romance...

*ponders*

No idea why that is.

message 8: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 527 comments Annie wrote: "I dig select vampires but never really in romance...

*ponders*

No idea why that is."

No worries. We like what we like xx

message 9: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe I don't think I've ever read a book with vampires in it but I'd say write your vampires however you want to!

message 10: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 527 comments Just finalising draft 1.
No takers here??