Sacramento Public Library discussion

General > What Are You Reading: February 2017

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sacramento Public Library (saclib) | 370 comments Mod
It's February, the shortest month of the year. But there's still plenty of time to read books! Share what you are reading and help someone else find their next great read!

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan (yetanothersusan) | 203 comments One year I read through a list of short books from the Huffington Post. It was a fun way to commemorate this "short" month!

I am about 1/4 way through The Antiques right now. Took me awhile to get in to it and understand how all the characters were related.

Alison (Lady Coffin) S | 18 comments Just finished up
The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead by Colson Whitehead, and I can see why it won so many awards.
Going for something a bit lighter next
Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick by Anna Kendrick

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3 comments Just finishing Geek Love

message 5: by R.J. (new)

R.J. | 4 comments I am finishing a high school friend's book then I am reading an ARC of a new book coming out next month called The Wanderers.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan (yetanothersusan) | 203 comments I just finished The Weight of Him and am starting Lincoln in the Bardo. Two books in a row about losing a child but totally completely difference views and treatments.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (yetanothersusan) | 203 comments Off topic.....but is everyone playing the library's BINGO game? I turned in my card today and got the cutest prize! I don't want to ruin it for people, but it is fun and useful!

Alison (Lady Coffin) S | 18 comments Susan wrote: "Off topic.....but is everyone playing the library's BINGO game? I turned in my card today and got the cutest prize! I don't want to ruin it for people, but it is fun and useful!"

Oh dang! I forgot about that yesterday when I was at the library.
:-(
I did the summer one the last two years and love the bags they give away.

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan (yetanothersusan) | 203 comments The prize for this month's BINGO is terrific! You can download a card saclib.org/bingo if you haven't made it to a branch (or forgot).

Alison (Lady Coffin) S | 18 comments Susan wrote: "The prize for this month's BINGO is terrific! You can download a card saclib.org/bingo if you haven't made it to a branch (or forgot)."

I did just last night.
I have a few almost completed lines.
:-)

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (yetanothersusan) | 203 comments Alison (Lady Coffin) wrote:
"I did just last night.
I have a few almost com..."

Congrats!! I am looking forward to March now!