Steelheart 2017 discussion

Chapter 23-30

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bri (new)

Bri Leibold (brlleibold) | 4 comments What moods has the book created for you so far? Why did you feel that way? Was the author trying to create this mood for you? If so, then how did he/she do it? If not, what made you feel this way?

message 2: by Lauren (last edited Feb 07, 2017 11:11AM) (new)

Lauren | 8 comments The moods that have been created in Steelheart were feeling nervous, scared, sad, curious and frustrated. This book is full of suspense. I feel this way because the characters in this book are planning to kill a High Epic by the name of Steelheart. They don't even know his weakness. Brandon Sanderson was trying to make the reader feel suspense throughout the whole book for sure. "I saw him walking through the building throwing blasts of energy!" (Sanderson 210). I think this book has suspense because he is a brilliant writer who made everything a challenge for the characters in Steelheart.

message 3: by Kain (new)

Kain Wempen | 6 comments The moods created in steelheart were suspense, nervous, scared, and desire. Throughout the entire book it was very suspenseful. The author made it suspenseful by making such a great challenge for David. There was also lots of frustration with all the characters at some point in the book. "Go!" ( Sanderson 209). I believe that there will be more suspense as the book progresses and it may change the way the book ends.

message 4: by Gautham (last edited Feb 16, 2017 10:54AM) (new)

Gautham Suresh | 8 comments The moods that the book created are frustration, fear, and it's sinister. The book is very suspenseful because they are trying to kill Steelheart who is an Epic that is nearly invincible whose weakness they don't know. Sanderson made the book feel suspenseful the entire time. " I tensed, pushing myself back in my seat and grabbing the side of my door in a panic. She'd lost her mind!" (Sanderson 266).

message 5: by Rohan (new)

Rohan | 8 comments Moods that have been created are tense, revengeful, nervous, and frustrated. I feel that way because David wants revenge on Steelhearatt, he is nervous about the Reckoner's plan, and Megan is frustrated with her inabilities. The author was trying to create this mood, it makes the book more excited and suspenseful. Sanderson did it by having frustrating events that make the characters nervous. "I tensed, pushing myself back in my seat" (Sanderson, 266). This shows suspense by not knowing what could happen next

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 8 comments Gautham wrote: "The moods that the book created are frustration, fear, and it's sinister. The book is very suspenseful because they are trying to kill Steelheart who is an Epic that is nearly invincible whose weak..."

It is interesting that you thought it was sinister, I have never thought about the book in that way. I can see what you mean. Your grammar is always perfect and you have a good quote that goes with what you were talking about.

message 7: by Kain (new)

Kain Wempen | 6 comments Rohan wrote: "Moods that have been created are tense, revengeful, nervous, and frustrated. I feel that way because David wants revenge on Steelhearatt, he is nervous about the Reckoner's plan, and Megan is frust..."
I agree that David is very nervous and that the book is very suspenseful and exiting.

message 8: by Rohan (new)

Rohan | 8 comments Gautham wrote: "The moods that the book created are frustration, fear, and it's sinister. The book is very suspenseful because they are trying to kill Steelheart who is an Epic that is nearly invincible whose weak..." Yes, I agree. Lots of suspense is created by things being unknown.

message 9: by Gautham (new)

Gautham Suresh | 8 comments Rohan wrote: "Moods that have been created are tense, revengeful, nervous, and frustrated. I feel that way because David wants revenge on Steelhearatt, he is nervous about the Reckoner's plan, and Megan is frust..."

I like that you mentioned that the mood was revengeful. Your grammar and spelling is good.