Adaptation: Book VS Film discussion

Discussion > Heartburn

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie I saw this movie on tv (prob. mid 80's), and barely remember it. A few months ago, it was on cable, caught the ending, so that prompted me to read the book.

Book was kind of slow going; a few funny moments, but nothing special. (When will I learn?? Third book of hers I've read and haven't really been a fan of any of them!)

Anyway, was able to re-watch movie and it could have been so much better. Was dreadfully slow-going in the beginning, and didn't really stay true to book (beginning at least). Disappointing.

message 2: by Kerry (last edited Feb 28, 2017 04:49AM) (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments Hi Leslie, that was called heartburn? who is the author? (nora ephron?) we should start a link about tv movies adapted from books :)

message 3: by Leslie (last edited Feb 28, 2017 04:56AM) (new)

Leslie Whoops -- sorry. Yes, Nora Ephron is the author, but it wasn't a TV movie (I should have said it was playing on HBO). It was a film that came out in the early 80's, from her book of the same name.

Speaking of tv adapted from books, I'm currently watching Big Little Lies (HBO Limited Series), and can't wait to read the book! (Liane Moriarty)

A few books I've read that have been tv adapted are Small Sacrifices (Lifetime, I believe with Farrah Fawcett) and Bundy, with Marc Harmon (both 80's movies, I think).

message 4: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments Leslie wrote: "Whoops -- sorry. Yes, Nora Ephron is the author, but it wasn't a TV movie (I should have said it was playing on HBO). It was a film that came out in the early 80's, from the book of the same name.
..."

I just opened up a 'made for tv' link.....can you copy and paste that inn there?