Steelheart 2017 discussion

Chapter 14-22

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bri (new)

Bri Leibold (brlleibold) | 4 comments Do the characters seem real and believable? Can you relate to their predicaments? To what extent do they remind you of yourself or someone you know?

message 2: by Lauren (last edited Feb 08, 2017 01:37PM) (new)

Lauren | 8 comments The characters in Steelheart seem real and believable because they have no natural abilities, but others do. David can use these gloves called tensors to put big holes through steel, or really anything. That is powerful, but he needs to concentrate on using them or else they won't work. "I pressed my hands against the wall: it was the only thing I could think to do." (Sanderson 203). He had to use the tensors to hide from security guards. Epics are unbelievable though. One Epic has power over water. She can control the water anywhere. That is impossible to do. Also, most, if not all Epics are bullet proof unless you find their weakness. I can not relate to their predicaments because this sort of thing would never happen in real life, other than the corrupt society we have now. Cody, in Steelheart, reminds me of my Uncle. Cody and him are both funny, they say useless and untrue facts, and they both make jokes all the time.

message 3: by Carson (new)

Carson Wegmann | 6 comments The characters do not seem real because the powers are explainable. Even the tensors don't seem possible but they have to concentrate to use the gear so that makes it more real."I pressed my hands against the wall: it was the only thing I could think to do." (Sanderson 203). I can't relate to them cause I don't know what the power would feel like. They remind me of world leaders.

message 4: by Max (new)

Max Bunney | 3 comments They do not seem real because the power could just never happen in real life. I can not relate to there predicaments because i've never felt power like that before nobody really has I wouldn't think so. They don't really remind me of anyone I know the characters are all pretty unique.

message 5: by Kain (new)

Kain Wempen | 6 comments The characters seem real and believable because they are natural but the tensors do seem very unrealistic. David uses the tensors but
he still seems very realistic because you have access to his thoughts and realize that his actions are very understandable and realistic. "I pressed my hand against the wall: it was the only thing I could do" (Sanderson 203). I can't relate to their predicaments because thankfully I have never been in a really hard situation where I have had to kill people or do something not very good to achieve a goal. David reminds me of myself when he wants revenge. Usually when someone does something I don't like I want revenge like David does.

message 6: by Rohan (new)

Rohan | 8 comments The characters in Steelheart do not seem real and believable, because they have futuristic powers and technology. The Reckoners have tensors, they are gloves with futuristic technology. "I pressed my hands against the wall: it was the only thing I could think to do." (Sanderson 203). I can't relate to that because the technology doesn't exist.

message 7: by Gautham (new)

Gautham Suresh | 8 comments The characters that don't have have powers seem realistic, but the epics don't seem realistic because they don't have feelings and the have powers. The tech and powers is basically impossible, like the tensors are unrealistic and the epics powers are unrealistic too like the power to control light and make the world dark. "I felt a shiver thinking about the tensors, the jackets-the technology used by the Reckoners. Actually, a lot of the technology came from the advent of the Epics."(Sanderson 152). I can't relate to them because I haven't been in a situation like that. And I don't have powers like that.

message 8: by Kain (new)

Kain Wempen | 6 comments Max wrote: "They do not seem real because the power could just never happen in real life. I can not relate to there predicaments because i've never felt power like that before nobody really has I wouldn't thin..." I strongly agree that you can't feel their predicaments.

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 8 comments Kain wrote: "The characters seem real and believable because they are natural but the tensors do seem very unrealistic. David uses the tensors but
he still seems very realistic because you have access to his th..."

Good point. I have never been in a tough situation that had to do with killing either. If someone killed my father, I don't know I would go as far as David did, but I would try to do something about it. Good grammar, nice summary.

message 10: by Rohan (new)

Rohan | 8 comments Max wrote: "They do not seem real because the power could just never happen in real life. I can not relate to there predicaments because i've never felt power like that before nobody really has I wouldn't thin..." I agree. The Reckoners and Epics have some very futuristic powers and technologies. I do not see technologies like these being created.

message 11: by Gautham (last edited Feb 15, 2017 10:53AM) (new)

Gautham Suresh | 8 comments Rohan wrote: "The characters in Steelheart do not seem real and believable, because they have futuristic powers and technology. The Reckoners have tensors, they are gloves with futuristic technology. "I pressed ..."

I agree with you but it also isn't believable because the Epics don't have emotions. And the technology is very futuristic.

message 12: by Carson (new)

Carson Wegmann | 6 comments Lauren wrote: "The characters in Steelheart seem real and believable because they have no natural abilities, but others do. David can use these gloves called tensors to put big holes through steel, or really anyt..."

the characters did not seem real but some of the ways they use there powers are