What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book girl lives life by how many likes/followers she has

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Zurzolo | 1 comments Young Adult book, either conetmporary or coming of age
Main character is a popular high school girl who lives he life by how many likes/followers she has on social media. Her brothers makes a documentary about her life for his college film class. i cannot remember the name or the name of the author, has anyone read this book or heard of it?

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Jesionowski (amyj1973) | 2 comments This actually sounds similar to Nosedive, an episode in the most recent series of Black Mirror. I thought maybe that was inspired by a book, did a little digging, and came across Moxyland by Lauren Beukes (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...).

message 3: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments This sounds extremely familiar - like it's been asked for before but I can't find the thread. She has people vote/like the things she wears and the things she does, right?

When did you read this book? And do you remember anything about the cover?

message 4: by Sophie (last edited Feb 06, 2017 07:27PM) (new)

Sophie R It sounds a lot like The Fill-In Boyfriend because the main girl does care a lot about how viewed by others and her brother does make a documentary about her (which is a bit of a spoiler) none of this is included in the description for the book but it is definitely in the book

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37356 comments Mod
Amy, are you still looking for this book or did you find it?

message 6: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments pm'd Amy.