Bookworms Anonymous discussion

Library Archives > Heartless

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Heartless by Marissa Meyer by Marissa Meyer

Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland and a favorite of the unmarried King, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, she wants to open a shop and create delectable pastries. But for her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for a woman who could be a queen.

At a royal ball where Cath is expected to receive the King’s marriage proposal, she meets handsome and mysterious Jest. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the King and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into a secret courtship. Cath is determined to choose her own destiny. But in a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.

Follow the discussion here.

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Can anyone tell me please is it worth reading Heartless?

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 177 comments Mod
I am probably going to start Heartless tonight. I have heard really good things about it but the last time I tried to start it I had to restart it like four times and gave up.

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Sarah wrote: "I am probably going to start Heartless tonight. I have heard really good things about it, but the last time I tried to start it I had to restart it like four times and gave up."

I heard that you either like it or dislike. I might see if I can borrow it from my Local Library.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 177 comments Mod
Youtube has an audiobook version

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Sarah wrote: "Youtube has an audiobook version"

Thank you, Sarah.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 177 comments Mod
You're welcome. That's where I found the book because it's out at my library and probably will be for months. Stalking Jack the Ripper I haven't found though.

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Sarah wrote: "You're welcome. That's where I found the book because it's out at my library and probably will be for months. Stalking Jack the Ripper I haven't found though."

I found Stalking Jack the Ripper at my local library. However, I have not started to read it.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 177 comments Mod
That one is booked out of my library for a while. That one's really popular here in Texas! Lol.

message 10: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Sarah wrote: "That one is booked out of my library for a while. That one's really popular here in Texas! Lol."

I searched iBook and found a copy of Stalking Jack the Ripper - audiobook

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura (booksbytheflame) | 16 comments How did people find this book? I didn't get a chance to read it while it was the current book.

message 12: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Laura wrote: "How did people find this book? I didn't get a chance to read it while it was the current book."

Hi, Laura - what format do you want it in - ebook or paperback?

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura (booksbytheflame) | 16 comments Sorry, I should have phrased that better :D
I meant did people enjoy this book? Was it an easy read? :)

message 14: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Laura wrote: "Sorry, I should have phrased that better :D
I meant did people enjoy this book? Was it an easy read? :)"

Heartless is easy to read. However, I have just started to read it, so I am not sure that I will enjoy it. Laura, if you read other books by Marissa Meyer and enjoy them. You will enjoy this book. I let you know if I like this book when I finish.

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura (booksbytheflame) | 16 comments Thanks Jenny :) I'll look out for your review.
I've always been a Wonderland fanatic and I like it when a good story about it comes along.

message 16: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Laura wrote: "Thanks Jenny :) I'll look out for your review.
I've always been a Wonderland fanatic and I like it when a good story about it comes along."

Laura, I will put my review here when I finish the book.

message 17: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I am half way through this book - I am enjoying Heartless so far.

message 18: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Heartless is sweet book to read if you enjoy Alice in Wonderland or Beauty and the Beast

message 19: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I have finished this book. I laugh at times with the way Marissa Meyer portrayed and entwine her animated and human characters. A very sweet fairytale done well by Marissa Meyer. 4 ★

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Heartless (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marissa Meyer (other topics)