Bookworms Anonymous discussion

Library Archives > Stalking Jack the Ripper

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (last edited Feb 02, 2017 04:11AM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco by Kerri Maniscalco

Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege, stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life. Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.

Follow the discussion here.

message 2: by Denise (new)

Denise (cat_pleasures) | 143 comments Mod
I'm really loving this book. I had to read Around the World challenge first, but I'm into Jack now. I can't wait until I have finished so I can see how others feel about it. Happy reading, everyone!

message 3: by Jenny (last edited Feb 16, 2017 03:46AM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Denise wrote: "I'm really loving this book. I had to read Around the World challenge first, but I'm into Jack now. I can't wait until I have finished so I can see how others feel about it. Happy reading, everyone!"

I have just started to read this book - I would enjoy reading your views, Denise.

message 4: by Denise (new)

Jenny wrote: "Denise wrote: "I'm really loving this book. I had to read Around the World challenge first, but I'm into Jack now. I can't wait until I have finished so I can see how others feel about it. Happy re..."
I am trying to finish The Woman on the Train, too, great book by the way. I'm stretching myself rather thin, but I plan on finishing both before the end of the week.

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Denise wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Denise wrote: "I'm really loving this book. I had to read Around the World challenge first, but I'm into Jack now. I can't wait until I have finished so I can see how others feel abou..."

Reading is for pleasure Denise. Please do not stress yourself to finish. The BOTM are not like a challenge you do not need to finish then in the month. Happy Reading Jenny

message 6: by Denise (last edited Feb 21, 2017 10:44AM) (new)

Jenny wrote: "Denise wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Denise wrote: "I'm really loving this book. I had to read Around the World challenge first, but I'm into Jack now. I can't wait until I have finished so I can see how o..."
Jenny, I love this group! It widens my horizons! For example, I thought I hated romance genre, and for the most part I do (only because they're too graphic. Being a writer, I would much rather use my imagination.) However, because of Bookworms... I now am reading my first romance (Just for fun.)
Now, I'm in a pickle...which do I pick up to read today?!

message 7: by Jenny (last edited Feb 21, 2017 09:00PM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Denise wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Denise wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Denise wrote: "I'm really loving this book. I had to read Around the World challenge first, but I'm into Jack now. I can't wait until I have finished so I..."

I so please that you are enjoying this group, Denise. Wow, reading your first Romance novel - congratulations. I understand what you are saying about the romance genre. Please do not give it up altogether. However, people do not realise that romance genre is made up of many categories.

Romantic Suspense - Nora Roberts, Chris Taylor, Suzanne Brandyn etc
Romance - Cathryn Hein
Erotica - Arabella Quinn
Contemporary - Karlene Blakemore-Mowie
Fiction & Literature - Mandy Magro
Fantasy - Karen Marie Moning
Historical - Lisa Kleypas
Gay and Lesbian - Rhys Ford

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 177 comments Mod
I am so glad this group is helping you expand your horizons!!

message 9: by Denise (last edited Mar 03, 2017 09:09PM) (new)

I was so wrong about this book. In the very beginning, this book promised to be an exciting book. It wasn't too far into it that plunged meinto utter boredom. It didn't pick up again until 85% in. The ending was predictable.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 177 comments Mod
I have it requested at the library. I haven't gotten my hands on it yet, but I will soon!

message 11: by Denise (new)

I wouldn't spend the money, but you have the right idea...get it from the library.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 177 comments Mod
I rarely buy books. Only at half price when I have a little extra or they have something I really want or they have a good sale. I am always at the library.

message 13: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Denise wrote: "I was so wrong about this book. In the very beginning, this book promised to be an exciting book. It wasn't too far into it that plunged meinto utter boredom. It didn't pick up again until 85% in. ..."

Sorry to hear Denise that Stalking Jack the Ripper is boring. Finally received my copy from the library - I let you know my views on the book when I finish reading it.

message 14: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Sarah wrote: "I rarely buy books. Only at half price when I have a little extra or they have something I really want or they have a good sale. I am always at the library."

I love books my house is full of books, however, I also love using the local library.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 177 comments Mod
I have books everywhere. I literally keep a regular book and an audiobook in my purse at all times. Sometimes I keep a graphic novel with me as well like I have now.

I have books all over my dining room living room bedroom. In my car. All in my kindle app and my computer. Its never ending! Lol

message 16: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Sarah wrote: "I have books everywhere. I literally keep a regular book and an audiobook in my purse at all times. Sometimes I keep a graphic novel with me as well like I have now.

I have books all over my dinin..."

Sound like my place. I am trying to stop buying books when I go out shopping.

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 177 comments Mod
Same! I am trying to read through what I have before I get more.

message 18: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) You are so strong Sarah!

message 19: by Jenny (last edited Mar 23, 2017 05:56PM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Denise wrote: "I was so wrong about this book. In the very beginning, this book promised to be an exciting book. It wasn't too far into it that plunged meinto utter boredom. It didn't pick up again until 85% in. ..."

I starting to agree with you Denise - I am half way through this book. I am not enjoying it at all, and I am not sure why I do not enjoy it.

message 20: by Denise (new)

Jenny wrote: "Denise wrote: "I was so wrong about this book. In the very beginning, this book promised to be an exciting book. It wasn't too far into it that plunged meinto utter boredom. It didn't pick up again..."
I just got another by Patricia Cornwell called The Ripper. I think that it will be better, as I enjoy Cornwell.

message 21: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Denise wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Denise wrote: "I was so wrong about this book. In the very beginning, this book promised to be an exciting book. It wasn't too far into it that plunged meinto utter boredom. It didn't..."

I have marked this book on my To Read List Denise. Thank you for telling me about this book - looks like it going to be a good read. I also enjoy Patricia Cornwell.

message 22: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Having trouble finishing this book!

message 23: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I have finished this book only give it 1 ★

I did not enjoy it at all. I can not say it was boring. However, it was tough to finish.