Kingdom of Kortana discussion

♕Locations in Emblem City♕ > ♔Central Park♔

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) The park in the heart of the city. It holds several gardens and fountains for nobles to stroll about. It is filled with trees and rich grass, suitable for any Emblem.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim was sitting on a branch of a tree that was well hidden. She was reading a book when she heard a male voice call out, "Marty? You in there?" She stayed quiet. She wasn't Marty. Was she? No, she was still Kim.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim covered her mouth to conceal a snicker. She wondered if she should say anything. She decided to wait a minute or two longer to see if he would find her. She closed her book and folded her hands.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

"Quite a while, actually." Kim smiled sweetly. "I apolgize, I have not seen this Marty anywhere."
She quite enjoyed the surprised look on his face. "I'm Kim Clarkes. And you?"

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"All the time. Only way to get away from my sisters." Kim laughed. Suddenly, a pigeon flew over and landed on her shoulder. "Oh! Hello. Do you happen to be Marty?" She petted the bird with a finger.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim laughed. "It's okay! I'm glad he's safe. Animals seem to like me." She kissed the pigeon's head and handed him over. "He's a very handsome bird."

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim smiled at the boy with a piegon on his shoulder. In a way he reminded her of a pirate. "I'm fourteen."

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, not at all. You are a welcome distraction." Kim said honestly. "I find the main character in this book to be quite bothersome. But I have the curse of having to wait a book out till its end."

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim laughed. She liked his sense of humor. "I'm a Mind. But to be perfectly frank, I can only tell what someone's thinking if I touch them."

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"Probably just about crackers." Kim teased. "I'm not sure exactly sure. The moment I touch someone I just hear their thoughts instead of my own. It's like I go into their mind. My family is mostly Matters so I've had to figure this out mostly on my own." She explained. "And I like to use it to make people get together. I love meddling."

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"Easy. I read their thoughts to see if they like someone, and then read that someone's thoughts to see if they like them too. If they do, then I tell each person that their crush likes them back, and they get together. Sounds complicated but it's really not." Kim shrugged.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"Thank you! Although I'm not sure that's true." Kim smiled. "Now, would you like to finally know what Marty is thinking? I could tell you." She actually had taken a liking to the bird. His mohawk of feathers amused her.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

((I can. Save you the work))
"Oh yes. Animals are such complex characters." Kim smiled. She reached out and cupped the bird in her hands. She closed her eyes. Then she opened them and laughed. "He likes the way my hands feel. He also wants a cracker. Sound like him?"

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

"2. They're awesome but they don't like Symbols much." Kim petted the bird. She snickered. "He says thanks for the cracker and it was about time you gave him one." Kim found herself enjoying Adam's company.

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2017 05:16PM) (new)

"Because they're Emblems. It's simple prejudice. They've never even MET a Symbol, yet they choose to hate them because it's what society thinks. My sisters are amazing people, but they can be so cruel to Symbols. It's shocking to me." Kim sighed. She rolled up her sleeve and looked at the M marked on her arm. "Just a single letter separates you from what could be so much more."

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim looked around nervously and leaned in. "When I take strolls I do talk to the local Symbols. But if anyone else found out, I would be in huge trouble. My family has a very important reputation to uphold. My dad works closely with the king. So please. Please. Do not tell." She whispered.

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2017 05:33PM) (new)

"Adam, that is wonderful! But I understand. I won't tell anyone." Kim made an X over her heart. "Kortana is a wonderful place to live, but oh so many secrets reside here. I feel like.. We're being watched. Every move we make. It's not a good feeling." Her brown eyes were troubled as she looked at Adam. She cupped Marty close to her heart. "I fear... No ones safe.."

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim's face broke out into a smile and she laughed. "Those dang squirrels. Always eavesdropping." She joked. "But in all seriousness, it's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling this way. And who knows, maybe we are just paranoid, but like my granny always used to say, it's better to be suspicious all your life then to just go along ignorantly." she sighed.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim nodded. "I heard my parents talking about it. They find it ridiculous but I find it quite brave that people are risking their lives to make Kortana a better place for future generations. I'm sure that won't happen in your or my lifetime, but I would die happy knowing that someday, balance will be restored to this land, and everyone is equal."

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"Are you sure? You're risking a lot. An Emblem joining the resistance? The king would consider that turning against a brother. You could be tried or killed or both, there's a lot to consider." Kim listed off nervously. "As much as I would enjoy being part of something crucial to our land, I agree it's probably not the brightest idea."

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm not going to stop you. But I fear for you. Is this resistance going to be peaceful or violent? Who knows? If you get killed, you'd be leaving behind so much. I'm sorry, but I don't think I could ever be brave enough to join it," Kim bit her lip. "A wishing stone? So you mean it's not a stone you can make wishes on.."

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm a thinker. It's both a curse and a gift. I'm glad you're going to think about it harder. You just csn't be sure. I hate the unknown. I like to br aware of what's going to happen. Unfortunately that's impossible most of the time." Kim sighed. "Interesting. I hope it doesn't bring back a bad memory, I would prefer those to stay forgotton." She joked.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

"I suppose that would get tedious after a while. But at least I could warn people and prevent bad things from happening. Oh well." Kim sighed. She watched as Adam grabbed the wishing stone. "Fascinating. She took it from him and closed her eyes. She thought happy thoughts, until the memory took over.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim opened her eyes and looked at the stone. "Oh.." She sighed happily. "I remember this.." She caressed the stone. "This was when my sisters and I used run around in the mansion.." She watched as young her and her older sisters skip down the foyer. "Granny used to get so mad at us. Young ladies do not run, she would say." Kim chuckled sadly.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim giggled but focused on the memory. Her granny came into focus. "Felicity! Madilyn!" She scolded. Her sisters came to a halting stop. Herself came to a stop as well. She watched as her granny lectured her sisters on the importance of being role models for little Kim.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"Granny was the best. She did love us true, I know she did. She always did tell us, be role models ladies. Be role models for the younger girls in the kingdom. To this day, I always do try to be a good person for the younger ones." Kim smiled. "Granny practically raised us. Mom and Dad were great... They were just.. Busy.."

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim smiled sadly and petted Marty with one finger. "I believe so. I just wish she was still with us. I knew she was adventurous but I never thought..." She shook her head and gave back the stone. "Oh well. It's in the past."

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim's eyes widened as she took the picture. "Wow... Thank you so much!" She beamed at Adam. "I never expected... How can I repay you? With a gift as amazing as this I don't think I could top it!"

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh it's so wonderful. I will treasure it forever." Kim still couldn't believe her eyes. She kissed the boy on a the cheek and refocused on the gift, unaware of his reaction.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"You're so kind to me." Kim beamed. "Whenever you need to know the thoughts of someone or something like me know." She paused for a minute. "My power isn't very useful for much, unless you need dirt on someone."

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"Definitley! I love pranks. I used to pull them on my sisters all the time until they caught on. Those were the days." Kim smiled wistfully before shaking her head. "Anyway, I suppose that's true. But it's hard to touch people I don't know that well. I mean, I can't very well just walk up to someone and touch their arm. That would be rude not to mention strange. I wish I was able to read minds without having to touch the person."

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

"That's not a terrible idea. But I'm not a terribly good pretender." Kim laughed. "Okay, I'll leave that job to you." She smiled at his silliness. "Probably sometime new. How about the next time I can sneak past my guard Brutus."

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 27, 2017 05:42PM) (new)

"Oh thank you. That's quite helpful." Kim smiled, her cheeks a bit red when he touched her shoulder. "Oh, I apologize. My parents are Duke Landon and Duchess Sasha. So since I'm their daughter, I require a guard. It's quite tiring but I do like Brutus. He and Granny practically raised me."

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm Lady Kim." Kim said. "But please do not call me that. I much prefer Kim. It has taken years ro get Brutus to call me Kim and he still refuses to do it in public. Felicity will be the next Duchess once Mom passes, and then Madilyn and then finally me. If I get married before I am up for the spot, I will be called Lady whatever his first name is and his surname until I become Duchess."

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

"A surname is your last name. For example. Mine is Clarkes. So if I happened to marry a man named Philip Johnson, my title would be Lady Philip Johnson. It's really quite simple." Kim explained. "Well I guess I'll just have to make sure I never anger you. I dislike my title but it is my duty to be a lady."

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

"Kind of sort of not really. In no way am I in relation to the king of course, but I like to think of myself as the next best thing after a princess. My parents aren't technically royalty. They're nobles." Kim shrugged.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

((Go ahead :D))
"Thank you. It's bothersome at times but I know my relatives just want the best for me." Kim smiled.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Hearing the crack, Kim swiftly pulled her and Adam to another branch, just before the branch fell. "I have good reflexes." She said to the astonished boy.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim covered her grin. "Amazing is stretching it a little don't you think?" She giggled. She lightly punched him. "Girls are a lot smarter then you boys give us credit for."

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim laughed. "I'm glad I amaze you. Although I'm still not quite sure amazing is the correct word for me. I'm thinking more like just okay. I'm nothing special."

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim smiled. "Well, thank you Adam. That means a lot to me." She said. "You're amazing and special too. In your own way. You're a dork, you're incredibly sweet, and best of all..you have restored my faith that there are good Emblems out there."

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim hugged the boy back. For the first time in years, she felt like she belonged. She never fit in with the other Emblems yet she fit so well with Adam. It felt.. Nice.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

"Probably not but you know what?" Kim half smiled. "I don't care. My parents can whine all they want but I choose my friends. And if they kick me out, they kick me out. I have people who will help me. And that's what is most important."

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

"I won't, I promise." Kim said. "I'm usually good with keeping things. I can pay Brutus to keep quiet as well if he ever finds out. But this is the first time I've ever felt I belonged. I would risk anything for that feeling."

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim giggled as the pigeon cooed in agreement. "I would love to meet your friends. If they are as awesome as you are I think we'll get on well."

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim smiled. "I usually just walk around here. You meet so many interesting people. My sister met the elder princess here once!"

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"Not well. I had a playdate with the youngest princess when I was like three but I doubt she remembers it. I like the royal family, but Mom and Dad just never really let us do anything with them."

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

"Alright. Red, Bird, Autumn, and morning." Kim said. "Red because it reminds me of Felicity, a bird because I adore them." She smiled at Marty. "Autumn because I adore all the leaves and colors. And morning.. Because it's the start of a brand new day. Tomorrow is in the past. And sometimes.. That can feel amazing, others times, sad."