SIA Showcase for Readers and Writers discussion

Member showcase A through G > Lynzie Allen - I made a book trailer!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynzie (new)

Lynzie Allen | 10 comments Hi everyone! I've commented on a few posts and created a few of my own in the SIA Group before, but I don't think I've ever really introduced myself. I have two self-published books (part of a trilogy) and I'm currently writing my third. (I'll add them to the post.) I freaking love it. Duh, why else do we write? Anyway, I'm awkward and have a tendency to keep to myself unless I'm super educated on a topic, but I've learned so much from the more seasoned authors and, to be honest, even the noobs like me. You guys are awesome and this ride would have been infinitely more difficult without you, so thank you!

Like Crazy by Lynzie Allen
From Ashes (The Dell Sisters Trilogy Book 2) by Lynzie Allen

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1090 comments Hi Lynzie! Welcome to the showcase! It's quite okay to be anxious or awkward. We're authors! It's expected! And I'm right there with you. ;)

message 3: by Riley, The Floating Sled (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 67 comments Mod
It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I have to admit, those covers are smexy to me.

message 4: by G.G., Genre Buster Extraordinaire (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 571 comments Mod
Hello Lynzie, welcome aboard!
Would you believe I was once like you? I was keeping to myself, and doing lots of lurking and most of the time I would delete what I had typed without hitting post...If I am sure of one thing, it's that you'll change too! :P

message 5: by Ember-Raine (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 494 comments Hi Lynzie! Welcome! We love romance authors around here! There's a lot of us! I'm socially awkward sometimes too! But you are right about one thing! This group is great and super helpful! I have learned a lot too! The authors around here helped me come out of my shell too! (Wait til ya meet Annie! I don't think it's possible to remain in your shell with her around! ;) I'm kidding...kinda! Lol! I mean that in the most respectful and loving way of course!) ok I'm gonna stop now! Welcome again!

message 6: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Bush | 233 comments Hey Lynzie,
Welcome to the group

message 7: by Lynzie (new)

Lynzie Allen | 10 comments Haha, Christina, agreed!

Thanks, Riley! I designed them with my own photographs and its actually me and my sister on the covers! Fitting for a trilogy about sisters I think.

G.G. I'm sure you're right. It's an intimidating world, but my favorite so far.

Ember, I've seen a few of Annie's posts before, she seems awesome!

Nathan, hey!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

message 8: by Annie (last edited Feb 01, 2017 11:13PM) (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 606 comments Ember wrote: "Wait til ya meet Annie! I don't think it's possible to remain in your shell with her around! ;) I'm kidding...kinda! Lol! I mean that in the most respectful and loving way of course!"

Pfft! Are you implying I lack self-restraint and have little to no respect for the personal boundaries of others? Cuz...

description

Hiya and welcome to the funhouse, Miss Lynzie!!

There seems to be a ton of romance authors kickin' around. I say we amass an army and run around violently stabbing lovingly hugging people, eh? *smirks*

Loving hugs,
Ann

EDIT: Fail.

message 9: by Lynzie (new)

Lynzie Allen | 10 comments Annie... Done. I'm so there.

message 10: by Ember-Raine (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 494 comments Annie wrote: "Ember wrote: "Wait til ya meet Annie! I don't think it's possible to remain in your shell with her around! ;) I'm kidding...kinda! Lol! I mean that in the most respectful and loving way of course!"..."

No Mistress Ann! I would NEVER say anything like that!
We really should amass an army and...er... Lovingly hug people? That doesn't sound like us at all! ;)

message 11: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 606 comments @Miss Lynzie: You've officially sold your soul to joined the dark side army of love. Bask in the warm fuzzies ^_~

@Miss Ember: Shhh. Methinks Miss Lynzie isn't quite as angsty (a.k.a. sick and twisted) as us. We must ease her into it slowly. Replacing her pens with stabby weapons one-by-one...

Okay, I'm being weird. Stopping now. Probably.

message 12: by Ember-Raine (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 494 comments Ahh yeah! My bad! Lol sorry Miss Lynzie totally kidding before! Ha...ha...ha! ok I'm done! ;)

message 13: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago | 1015 comments Welcome to the home of idiocy

message 14: by Amie (new)

Amie O'Brien | 189 comments Lynzie, we love having you and I think many of us are at least 50% introverted or more :) Thank God our computers make it easy for us to come out of our shells! Awesome job getting a trilogy hammered out, too.

And Annie...Annie always keeps us light-hearted around here. I don't know what I would do without her little antics and clips of Johnny and Joey popping up on my screen.

Much love to you all!

message 15: by Lynzie (new)

Lynzie Allen | 10 comments Hahahaha... thanks guys! I love it. Currently basking in the warm fuzzies...of the dark side. :)

message 16: by C.B., Slave to Santa's Workshop (new)

C.B. Archer | 502 comments Mod
Fun Fact: No one needs to know you are awkward online, unless you tell them. It's our secret okay.

Additional Fun Fact: Hi!

message 17: by Lynzie (last edited Mar 22, 2017 08:11AM) (new)

Lynzie Allen | 10 comments I made my first book trailer this weekend!

Ok so I tried to post the trailer but it didn't work. I hate technology. If you want to check it out, it's on my FB page. www.fb.me/authorlynzieallen

I think I want to do this every time. It helped my blurb in ways nothing else did.

message 18: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Bush | 233 comments Like that trailer