Kingdom of Kortana discussion

♕Locations in Kortrite Village♕ > ♔Village Square♔

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) A large town square that is often busy and bustling. It is surrounded by shops and gardens and is the heart of Kortrite village.

message 2: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Leslie rushed through the town, her hood pulled up to hide her face. She looked down to make sure her wrist was also hidden. When she was good walked into the bustle of people.

message 3: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman)
descriptiondescriptiondescription

Skander rushed through the town. He was hoping to find bitty scraps of metal to build something just for fun, but it looked like that wasn't going to happen. What if the townsfolk already trampled all over the bitty scraps of metal that were lying on the ground? Skander stopped in the crowd, looking through his satchel. What if he forgot something and it felt out?

message 4: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Leslie stopped short, hitting a man who halted in front of her. "Oh." she grunted as she hit his back knocking her back wards. She stumbled but kept he feet, talking a look at the human wall she just hit.

message 5: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman)

Skander felt somebody bump into him and fall. It barely ever happened because he often went to town in the early morning, but today it did happen because he slept in. "Oh dear. I am so sorry. I had the feeling that I forgot something, but I guess I didn't." Skander said. "Need some help?" He asked, holding out his hand.

message 6: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Leslie reached her hand out but pulled back remembering her wrist she could not risk exposing. "No, I am fine. I should have been looking a head." she said with a light laugh.

message 7: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman)

Skander watched as the girl pulled back her wrist. He wasn't going to ask anything because he didn't want to get into other people's business. Skander chuckled. "I should not have stopped in this crowd. Besides, I never knew that it could actually get so busy this time of day." He said, looking around at the people walking around them. "So, what's your name? I'm Skander. It is kind of like salamander, but its not." He rambled.

message 8: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Leslie laughed at his salamander joke. "Thats a lovely name Skander," she said with a light smile. She hesitated when he asked her name. She could either tell him her name and risk exposure or lie. Leslie was a terrible liar and decided if he caught on she could easily change it in his memory. "I am Leslie, it's nice to meet you." she said smiling at him, her hood shadowing most of her face.

message 9: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman)

Skander chuckled. He was glad that somebody appreciated his little joke about the salamander being quite close to his name even though it wasn't the funniest thing in the world. "Leslie," He spoke. "That's a nice name. I really like that name." He stated, smiling. "I have to say that you do look quite familiar, but I can't quite remember where I have saw you from." He stated.

message 10: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Leslie began to sweat and flush. She tried to turn him off the topic of recognizing her. "Most likely around the village." she said as convincingly as possible, "I am out and about all time time." she said looking around at the truly familiar territory. She always came to the villages, so it wasn't a total lie. She was no swift however, and had nearly slipped up one more than one occasion.

message 11: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman)

"Oh. Well, that's lovely." Skander smiled. "That's probably where I have seen you from. Of course the village. I mean, I've never been to the castle or anything." He spoke, chuckling. Even though he had never been to the castle, he wasn't sure that he really wanted to go. He liked it down here in the village. It was nice and cozy, but terribly busy.

message 12: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) ((So sorry just saw this))

Leslie laughed awkwardly at then mention of the castle, her home. "Yeah I hear it is lovely. Quite the sight to see." she said through a stiffened jaw. For a mind, she was a terrible liar, forcing her to avoid people altogether rather than lie. She decided she would change the topic and pointed to a bench a couple feet away from them, "Would you like to sit?" she asked sweetly smiling at him.

message 13: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman)
(( its all good! ))

Skander chuckled lightly. "You've been to the castle before? They have had many events in the past, but I have never been. However, I bet the castle is the most beautiful place in all of Kortana." He spoke, smiling. He imagined that he would be golden and shiny along with a few shimmery sparkles in a few places that needed it. Maybe a lot of sparkles instead of a couple. "Oh yes. That would be great." He said, sitting down and sighing happily, smiling.

message 14: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) "Uh.. yes." Leslie stumbled, "I went to an event there, like you said." she cursed herself in her head vowing to get some lying lessons somehow. Maybe she could a read book on it. "It truly is the most wondrous building, but not the most beautiful place in Kortana," she said with distatse. This was her telling the truth now, she truly didn't think the castle was the prettiest. Maybe because it was tainted with her childhood, but regardless she loved to escape whenever he could. She sighed as she sat down and smiled at Skander taking in his facial features for the first time. He was quite handsome and had amazing eyes. Leslie blushed at those thoughts and furrowed her brow.

message 15: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman)
Skander crossed his arms across his chest, smiling. "I bet you had a grand time. I would love to go sometime, but I like it down here in the good ole here and now." He stated. "I mean, being a blacksmith isn't my favorite thing in the whole entire world, but I have been doing it for a very long time and I don't want to do anything else." He spoke. The only reason why he didn't want to do anything else was that he would have to learn how to do it all over again. He certainly didn't want to go through all of the lessons and learn how to do something that he didn't want to do.

message 16: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) "Hmm," Leslie pondered what he had said. "You are a black smith? " she asked curious to learn more about such a difficult profession. "I will bet you have a good eye, are you a sight?" She asked curiously. She laughed at him only settling with being a blacksmith. "And if you could be anything you wanted Skander, what would it be?" She asked. She didn't know a ton about symbols professions, only that they provided everything for the Emblems and it was something that drowned her in guilt everyday.

message 17: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman)
Skander smiled. "Yes I am." He replied. "Yeah. I know that it isn't the best job in the world, but I have been doing blacksmith work with my father for my whole entire life." He spoke. Chuckling, Skander shook his head. "I'm actually a song. However I don't really like to use my powers a lot." He laughed a bit. He always thought that his powers were sort of useless and a bit girly, but sometimes they came in handy at the right times. "Oh dear. Hmm, maybe a doctor? I have always wanted to help people." Skander replied. "What about you, Leslie?"

message 18: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Leslie smiled as he spoke of his ambition. "You would be a wonderful Doctor," Leslie said cheerily, "you have the stature and kindness." Leslie believed what she said, she had only just met Skander but he seemed like someone who would work hard to help people... he would be wonderful in the revolution. But Leslie didn't ask strangers or anyway to join, only those who ask and never to her directly. "I am a noble seamstress, I make clothes for Emblems." she said sticking to her typical lie. She shrugged looking bored by her typical profession.

message 19: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman)
Skander smiled. He didn't know how many days, months, or years it took of training to become a doctor, but maybe he would try it in the future. Maybe he could step away from being a blacksmith and be something else, but he didn't want to throw his past in the trash. "Oh. That sounds nice. I mean, you get to make clothes for Emblems and they sure do wear fancy clothes." Skander replied. The Emblems were the most royal people in all of Kortana. It seemed like they had everything. "Have you ever met the royal children? Or the Queen? What about the King?"

message 20: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) "It's a lovely job indeed." Leslie said smiling and trying to hide the fact that it was lie. "No I have not met the King or Queen, but a few of the children and they are lovely." She said truthfully. Leslie loved her siblings, but parents were a different story. They agreed on all the wrong things, leaving Symbols to leave a lower life and why? Because their powers are slightly less than Emblems? If never sat right with Leslie and she had a fire growing inside her that planned to stop the imblalancr.

message 21: by emma (last edited Feb 07, 2017 04:22PM) (new)

emma (theonlytanman)
Skander smiled and listened as Leslie said that she had never met the King or the Queen, but she had met the royal children who lived in the huge castle. He wondered how he would react if he could live in a castle. He would probably go sort of crazy due to the large space, everywhere. "Oh. That sounds delightful. I bet that you are very good at making clothes for the Emblems." Skander stated. "It must be great, but it must have it challenges sometimes. You don't want to mess up, you know?"

message 22: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) "Oh many challenges. Every stitch has to be perfect." Leslie said with a small laugh. Leslie didn't care how her clothes were but her sisters were another story, surely causing lots of fuss to the poor Symbols that cloth them. "And tell me about making weaponry? Who do you often sell to?" she asked curious if maybe she had seen some of his work around. She always wondered what type of people were behind the creation of her magnificent bow.

(sory I didnt see your post until now!!)

message 23: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman)
Skander chuckled lightly, running his hand through his dark hair. It was great to make friends with somebody. Also, Leslie was very nice. "Oh, um. It is actually kind of interesting and a long complicated process that I barely tell anybody because it is long." He stated, doing little hand motions. "Well, I have to find the perfect material. I recently got to make this beautiful bow. It was stunning. You should have seen it." He said, smiling. He believed that the bow was one of the most beautiful things on the planet.

(( its totally fine! ))

message 24: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Leslie's eyes widened at the menttion of a bow. "Excuse my excitement," she said with a chuckle, "I love archery. Im a pretty good shot." She said slyly. She wondered what his bows looked like in comparison to her own.

message 25: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman)
"Oh. It's fine. I mean, I get excited about things that I probably shouldn't get excited about, but I don't care." Slander spoke. "Really? That's quite amazing if I do say so myself. I should come and watch you sometime and I should try not to shoot a bird this time." He stated. He loved meeting people with the same interests as him.

message 26: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Leslie smiled at him, appreciating is excitement. "No, no. I love to see how excited you are about it." she said, her smile then reaching her eyes. "And I would love that. And bird? Do tell..." she said interested in the story.

message 27: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman)
"Okay, so it was probably when I was, I don't know, maybe seven? I was learning how to shoot with this brand new bow that my father made me." Skander said. It felt like it was reliving the memory right at this very moment. "I went outside and my father had all of these little targets set up one by one. He was great at it. Then, these birds come by and they are flying really low. So, all I do is pull the arrow back, let go, and there goes a bird and it falls to the ground. I swear, I thought I hit the target, but I was wrong." He chuckled, running his hand through his dark hair.