Addicted to YA discussion

Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)
This topic is about Gemina
Series > Gemina

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part? Will you read the next one?

Sabrina (forebodinq) | 150 comments I loved it! I thought it was almost (but not quite) as good as Illuminae - the characters weren't as strong in my opinion and it started off a little slower than I would have hoped. My favourite character was definitely Ella. My favourite thing about these novels is how intense they are - I am kept on the edge of my seat for most of the story and the stakes just keep getting higher and higher and the situations more dire. Will definitely be reading the next one!

Jordan Moore (jordanmouse) | 2 comments I listened to the audiobook along with this and it made it a whole new experience! Highly recommend the audiobook! These books are so unique, I just love them. Cannot wait for the next.

message 4: by Khadija (new)

Khadija | 1 comments i would like to have the audiobook plz can you send it to me

Jordan Moore (jordanmouse) | 2 comments I rented it through my library.
Maybe try audible?

Lauren - SERIESous Books (seriesousbookreviews) I didn't love the characters right away so it took me a while to get into it. But I really grew to like them as the story progressed.

I would never think to listen to this as an audiobook! I might have to give it a try.

I'm really excited to see what happens next!

message 7: by Adi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adi I really liked this book, even if it wasn't as good as Illuminae. My problem with it was the characters: I just didn't fall in love with them the way I did with Kady and Ezra.

Still, this is one of the few sequels that is in the same league as the first book in the series, which is definitely an achievement. My favorite character was Ella by far.

Will absolutely read the next book.

Erin H I finished this a few days ago and I loved it! I actually liked it better than Illuminae because of the characters. I just really liked Nik. I loved the drawings and I felt more of an emotional attachment than the first. I can't wait for the next one.

Stephanie (stphniwng) | 22 comments ELLA IS FREAKIN AWESOMER

Stephanie (stphniwng) | 22 comments Awesome* WHOOPS lol

Lillia (princess_shakerria_yaobsessed) | 6 comments Hello i am new and looking for a buddy read for this book

Lori-Rose | 11 comments I loved this book maybe not as much as illuminae. My favourite character had to be Nik. I loved the suspense and twists in this book and absolutely can't wait for the 3rd one.

fabricofbooks | 1 comments See, here's the thing. I absolutely hate series that change main characters and/or character tropes throughout the books. On the other hand, I love this series! The first book took me by a whirlwind and twists and turns and complete surprises. Although the plot wasn't entirely original (let's be honest. . .it was pretty cliche: zombies and biochemical substance), the "DON'T LOOK AT ME!!! phrase was the icing on the cake. (all that angst *sighs evilly*). As for the second book, the main characters weren't bad and the time/loophole-in-space/rip-in-the-space-time-continuum was pretty badass and took some guts to fully explain and not get lost in or confused by. I literally had to take half-a month's rest just to get into the right mindset (sci-fi and time-travel; your average everyday state of mind) to prepare to dive face-first into that plot twist. Overall about four stars, and yes @lori-rose-spit, it wasn't as great as the first book.

Mariah Peterson (mariahkpete) | 1 comments Erika wrote: "What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part? Will you read the next one?"

I read this book back at the beginning of January, but my favorite character by far is Hannah! She is so spunky and self driven and I love it!

message 15: by Lena (last edited Jul 05, 2017 03:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lena (lelenif) I loved it. I actually sucked it in. I did the same with Illuminae. Just love the way it's written. Every page has a different layout. It never gets boring.
Favorite character? Nik, absolutely Nik!
Can't wait for Obsidio.

Lilly  Amechi (lillyamechi) Erin wrote: "I finished this a few days ago and I loved it! I actually liked it better than Illuminae because of the characters. I just really liked Nik. I loved the drawings and I felt more of an emotional att..."

I thought I was the only one who felt this way! I felt like I could really wrap my head around this novel better than its predecessor

No, David! No! (daviddevoursbooks) | 17 comments I love the way this series is formatted and presented. It is different, and kept me interested and involved. While I didn't love the multi-universe thing, I was willing to accept it. I love Ella as a character. Not a big fan of the villains in this one. They were a little over the top for me.

I can't wait for the third book. Break the trilogy curse!