Genre Readers looking to expand discussion

2017 Monthly Genre > February 17 Monthly Genre: Romance!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1202 comments Mod
Happy Valentine's Day to all!

We will be reading Romance this month. All subgenres are open!

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Is this a Genre you read a lot?

What do you like or dislike about this genre?

Favorite Titles or Authors? Suggestions for others new to the genre?

message 3: by Melissa (new)

I read Born in Ice today. This is one of my favorite Nora Robert's books.

It is the 2nd book in a trilogy. Mostly the reason I like it so much is the main character. This book is Nora Roberts at her best. Great characters and humor. Takes place in Ireland, a place I would love to see.

message 4: by Lea Ann (last edited Feb 05, 2017 08:05AM) (new)

Lea Ann (buntingla) | 622 comments I used to read this genre A LOT when I was younger. In junior high I started reading those old Harlequin Romance novels. I think my mom and I spent a summer reading through a huge box full we'd purchased at a yard sale. In high school I moved into bodice-ripping historical romance. Two authors I LOVE are Philippa Gregory and Bertrice Small. Of course, one can't overlook Diana Gabaldon when you are discussing this genre.

message 5: by Lea Ann (new)

Lea Ann (buntingla) | 622 comments I think I have a Nora Roberts book on my 12+2 list for the year, so I'll probably try to read that one for this challenge and kill two birds with one stone.

message 6: by Karin (last edited Feb 05, 2017 07:00PM) (new)

Karin | 405 comments I believe romance is one of my favorite genres to read. Lately, my go to author is Nora Roberts. I have a lot of her books on my bookshelf so I will see what I can read this month.

I am not much into Harlequin Romance novels. I read a few a couple years back that my family got in a bag full of random books.

I did use to always like the fairy tale romances in books when I was younger.

I am currently reading At First Sight and Taming Natasha & Luring A Lady which work for this month's genre.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

I just finished Echoes in Death which is considered Romantic Suspense. It has several couples in the series but the main characters have been married, since book 3 of this 44 book series.

I love reading this series because of all the secondary characters and how you see bits of their lives as they work, live and investigate murder.

JD Robb is Nora Roberts pseudonym. A bit edgier writing than her normal romances.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

I read a lot of romance in high school and even now. I do tend to stay away from the Harlequin more because of how short they are. I prefer a longer story, it always feels like the story is just starting to get good and then you get a fast wrap on the Harlequinn books.

I remember one of my favorite romances in High school was Shanna I read it several times.

My grandmother also gave me Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and I have been hooked on her books every since.

I read a lot of Heather Graham as well, but it has been a while since I have read any of hers.

message 9: by Lea Ann (new)

Lea Ann (buntingla) | 622 comments Sadly, I fell short and did not complete this challenge. February turned out to be a much busier month than I expected.