What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA romance - Girl's toxic relationship with a boy who is a hallucination.

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rose (last edited Sep 07, 2017 02:11PM) (new)

Rose | 36 comments This is a young adult book, I read it around 2010-2013 in paperback or hardcover version. It is about a girl's toxic relationship with a boy, and then it turns out the boy is a hallucination of hers. I think they would meet up in an abandoned house or something like that, and I think she wrote about him in a diary.

Also, the girl's life is seemingly normal, there is no known medical condition.

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose | 36 comments The girl MC might also have a sister who is worried about her and figures out what is happening.

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Possibly: Now You See Her

message 4: by Rose (new)

Rose | 36 comments Andria wrote: "Possibly: Now You See Her" not this book, thanks for the suggestion though!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Rose, is the boy being an hallucination a spoiler - or do you learn this very early in the story?

message 6: by Rose (new)

Rose | 36 comments Kris wrote: "Rose, is the boy being an hallucination a spoiler - or do you learn this very early in the story?" I don't think it's a spoiler - I think we learn it early on/readers basically know it.

message 7: by Kris (new)

The Girl In Between by Laekan Zea Kemp?

Does she hallucinate only about the boy? Does she have a known medical condition?

message 8: by Rose (new)

Rose | 36 comments Kris wrote: "The Girl In Between by Laekan Zea Kemp?

Does she hallucinate only about the boy? Does she have a known medical condition?"
Not this book, thank you for looking though! She only hallucinates the boy, she does not have a known medical condition.

message 9: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Oh! I think this might be The Night I Disappeared

message 10: by Rose (new)

Rose | 36 comments Andria wrote: "Oh! I think this might be The Night I Disappeared" Not this book, thanks though.

message 11: by Chels (new)

Chels (chelssik) | 12 comments Choker maybe?

message 12: by Rose (new)

Rose | 36 comments Chelsea wrote: "Choker maybe?" Not this book, thanks for the suggestion anyway!

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate | 3 comments Unravel by Calia Reed?

message 14: by Hallie (new)

Hallie | 15 comments There's a the Wake Series which is about a lucid dreamer who sees a boy she knows.

message 15: by Kris (new)

Unravel by Calia Read - Kate's suggestion

Wake series by Lisa McMann, I think - Hallie's suggestion - https://www.goodreads.com/series/4455...

message 16: by Rose (last edited Sep 06, 2017 04:57PM) (new)

Rose | 36 comments ^It's not either of those suggested books - thanks for looking anyway!

message 17: by J. (new)

J. (mamalaoshi) | 56 comments If you reverse the situation, this sounds a lot like "Made You Up" by Francesca Zappia.

Warning: (sorry not any good at adding links and hiding spoilers when I'm using the phone app)

* Spoilers *

The girl meets a boy when she is a little kid and thinks that he is a hallucination but it turns out he isn't... Or at least hee isn't most of the time. And she has a sister who you find out at the end is a hallucination.

message 19: by Kris (new)

Made You Up by Francesca Zappia - J.'s suggestion

message 20: by Rose (new)

Rose | 36 comments ^Not either of those books, thanks anyway though!

message 21: by Kate (new)

Kate (katiburd) | 1 comments There's this book called Kiss Me Deadly by Trisha Telep and it has all these short stories in it, one of them being called Behind the Red Door, where the main character goes into a house and meets a ghost boy that no one else can see. It doesn't say this information in the synopsis, but one of the reviewers has a great description of each short story if you want to take a look!

message 23: by Rose (new)

Rose | 36 comments Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love is not the book I'm looking for, thank you for trying though!

message 24: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Rose, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 25: by Rose (new)

Rose | 36 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Rose, are you still looking for this or did you find it?" Still looking!

message 26: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16964 comments What was toxic about the relationship?

Was the relationship romantic, or just friendship?