Blue Lake Academy discussion

Girl Dorms > Natasha and Darby's Dorm

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments A dorm for two girls in the Creative Arts. The room is spacious with two beds, dressers, desks and chairs, bookshelves, art supplies sets, and instruments.

message 2: by emma (new)

message 3: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments
Darby walked into her room, gasping at how nice it was. Back home she had a small room in the attic, which she loved because it was really cozy. She picked up one of the guitars that was already in the room and strummed it. She couldn't believe how nice it sounded. Then, she started singing a song by Alicia Keys just for fun.

message 4: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments Natasha walked into her dorm. She had her earbuds in and was singing songs from Natasha, Pierre, and The Great Comet of 1812. " Natasha is young, she loves Andre with all her heart " she sang loudly.

message 5: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Darby stopped singing when her roommate walked into the room and she also loved to sing also, but sadly Darby didn't know the song that she was singing very well. She decided just to leave the girl alone for the time being, so she could finish the song that she was singing.

message 6: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments Natasha set her boxs down and went back out to get her suitcase. She had reshuffled her Broadway playlist and was singing a new song. " So so so— so this is what it feels like to match wits with someone at your level! What the hell is the catch? It’s the feeling of freedom, of seein’ the light, it’s Ben Franklin with a key and a kite! You see it, right? The conversation lasted two minutes,
maybe three minutes, ev’rything we said in total agreement, it’s a dream and it’s a bit of a dance, a bit of a posture, it’s a bit of a stance. He’s a bit of a flirt, but I’m ‘a give it a chance.
I asked about his fam’ly, did you see his answer? His hands started fidgeting, he looked askance? He’s penniless, he’s flying by the seat of his pants.Handsome, boy, does he know it! Peach fuzz, and he can’t even grow it! I wanna take him far away from this place, then I turn and see my sister’s face and she is.
" she rapped/sang. She began opening her box while singing.

message 7: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Darby grinned as the girl sang a song from a Broadway musical. It sounded amazing and really catchy! Plus, it had a sort of vibe to it that was really nice. She watched her new roommate as she placed a little poster of a ballet dancer and a Five Seconds of Summer poster above her bed.

message 8: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments Natasha started hanging out all her broadway playbill poster that were signed by the actors on her side of her room. She opened up her dresser and start organizing her clothes into it " But when I fantasize at night it’s Alexander’s eyes,
as I romanticize what might have been if I hadn’t sized him up so quickly.
At least my dear Eliza’s his wife; at least I keep his eyes in my life…
" she sang.

message 9: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Darby got onto her bed to straighten up some of her decorative pillows, making sure not to distract her roommate by creaking the bed at any point. She wondered which Broadway musical she was singing and she also wondered if her new roommate was actually in a Broadway musical some point in her life. After all, some of her posters were signed.

message 10: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments Natasha stopped her music and took her earbuds out. She plugged her charger into the wall and charged her phone. She began to set all her study materials on the desk. She also hooked up her printer and began to place her scripts on her desk. "You can use the printer when ever you want." she says with a light russian accent.

message 11: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Darby turned around and looked over at her new roommate. "Oh. Cool. Thanks." She said, smiling. "Is it okay if I ask you a question really fast? Were you on Broadway? I couldn't help, but to see that your posters were signed and you were singing a song from Broadway." Darby spoke. "Also, I'm Darby Macmillan."

message 12: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments "I was on Broadway twice and my name is Natasha," she said. She went back to piling up all her scripts. "I was in Fiddler on the Roof and Annie," she said, "Also you can always borrow any of my librettos."

message 13: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments "That's so cool! I just sing. Nothing that fancy or anything." Darby stated, sitting down on her bed cross-legged. "So, what are librettos?" She asked curiously. She hadn't really experience with a lot of librettos, but maybe she could learn what they are and try to do something with them sometime.

message 14: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments "Librettos are scripts for Musical Theatre shows," Natasha explained.She picked one up out of her stack, "This one is for Natasha Pierre and the great comet of 1812," she says with a smile,"The Librettos have lines and the songs in one book so you don't have to flip through other ones."

message 15: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Darby got off of her bed, standing by Natasha. "Wait, were you in that Broadway musical?" Darby asked Natasha curiously. Her roommate was awesome! She was a big fan of Broadway musicals and even though Darby didn't watch a lot of musicals she would have to check them out sometime just for fun.

message 16: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments "No but I have an audition three years from now to prepare for it because they need someone to be either Sonya or Natasha then," Natasha said. She flipped through the libretto and sighed at the thought of being Natasha in her favorite musical.

message 17: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Darby nodded. She hoped that Natasha got the part as Sonya or Natasha. "Well, I hope that you get your favorite part. I know that you will do great because by the looks of it you see really talented, and you are really talented."

message 18: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments "Thank you," Natasha said. She went take her librettos and began to organize them in alphabetical order. She went to hook up her bluetooth speakers and said," The speaker name is NatashaAndSonya" she said, "If you want to use them."

message 19: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments She really liked how Natasha was very organized because she definitely didn't want this room to look like a barn animal lived in it. "Oh thanks! And you can use any of my things at any time, even though I have to admit that the things I have compared to your's aren't so interesting."

message 20: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments Natasha laughed,"I'm going to turn on my homework playlist if you don't mind," she said. She went to her phone and turned it on. SHe went back to organizing her things.

((Playlist: https://soundcloud.com/cutiepie22-521...))

message 21: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Darby smiled. "I don't mind. Music is awesome, obviously." She spoke, laughing at the end as Natalia turned on her music. She felt joyful when Marina and the Diamonds and Melanie Martinez came on, but there were a few artists that she didn't know and she made a mental note to research them up later and listen to more of their music. She started unpacking her things, putting her clothes in little crates under her bed.

message 22: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments Natasha began sorting her clothes by color and pattern. She began placing them neatly into her dresser. She looked at her two plastic containers of shoes and cringed. "My do I have so many shoes," she said under her breathe.

message 23: by emma (new)

Darby turned around, looking at Natalia's two containers of shoes. "Oh wow. That is a lot." She said, looking at all of the shoes. "Wow. I'm obsessed already." She spoke, chuckling. She had never seen so many shoes in her whole entire life!

message 24: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments "I get all the latest things these days," Natasha said, "If we have the same shoe size you can always borrow them." She opened a pink tub and started hanging up pictures of her in costume for her shows and her in Russia.

message 25: by emma (new)

Darby smiled. She was so glad that her roommate was letting her borrow her things and she was doing the same for her. As she went back to putting up some lights above her bed, she looked at the pictures that Natasha was hanging up. "Is that you?" She asked curiously. She as desperately hoping that she wasn't asking way too many questions.

message 26: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments "Yeah it's me," Natasha said. She looked at the one with her and a bunch of her friends. "I really miss them," she said, "Also my cousin Theo goes here now."

message 27: by emma (new)

"It looked like you all were one big happy family." She spoke, looking at the pictures and posters that Natasha had. "I mean, cast members are like that. You may not know them at first, but then you start to get closer to them and they become like family."

message 28: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 233 comments "Yeah, we are still friends." Natasha said. She went to organizing her shoes by color and type.

message 29: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Darby smiled, glad that Natasha and her cast mates were still great friends. "Well, that's great." She replied with a smile as she watched Natasha organize her collection of shoes.