Mary Lib Saleh Euless Public Library discussion

Nine Women, One Dress
This topic is about Nine Women, One Dress
Online Book Group 2017 > Nine Women One Dress

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna | 50 comments Mod
February is a great month to read this book full of charm, romance and humor. Just like a little black dress, this title caught my eye and it's a perfect fit.

Angela | 17 comments I really enjoyed this story and following the "It" dress through it's life cycle. My favorite character and story (besides the one about the actual dressmaker) was the one about Felicia. Felicia is such a nice person and has been in love with her boss for years but never acted on anything. Once he's a widower and dating a completely unsuitable and awful girl, I loved that she made her move. I especially loved how the Bloomingdale's employee switched the gifts and nudged their love story along! What a testament to pure and undying love!

message 3: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna | 50 comments Mod
Absolutely. I was rooting for Felicia. I also enjoyed the Bloomingdale's bunch Ruthie, Tomas and Natalie.

Angela | 17 comments YES! Tomas was definitely my favorite of the Bloomie's bunch! I really liked how the whole story came full circle with the girl (I don't remember her name) who fell in love with the son/grandson of the dress maker. That was a nice way to bring all of the stories back to the beginning!

Becky | 6 comments I listened to this one in the car and found myself laughing out loud! It was just a fun story in every way,

message 6: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna | 50 comments Mod
I read this book first and also listened to to the audiobook to hear the characters come alive. It won an AudioFile Earphones award. All the narrators did a great job.

message 7: by Tigris (new) - added it

Tigris | 2 comments I now have my interest in wanting to check out the audiobooks.

I haven't finished the hardback book but the author really catches you in it and makes you want to read it. I guess I like books that start with a hook and this one does that. So does last months read.

Donna | 15 comments Tigris wrote: "I now have my interest in wanting to check out the audiobooks.

I haven't finished the hardback book but the author really catches you in it and makes you want to read it. I guess I like books that..."

I'm glad you are enjoying the book. Audiobooks can really enhance a book. I especially enjoyed the multiple voices/readers for Nine Women One Dress.

message 9: by Tigris (new) - added it

Tigris | 2 comments Honestly, I really like her comment on the term honestly and I have honestly thought about this in the same way for awhile. Honestly, why is that in our vocabulary, honestly? But don't judge me....