SciFi/Fantasy (Or Whatever Else) Book Club discussion

February 2017 > Discussion: Chapters 55-72

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethall) | 98 comments Mod
All discussion of Chapters 55-72 goes in this topic.

message 2: by Beth (new)

Oh man, I think I will probably be finishing this tonight! It is getting really good with a lot of stuff happening. I am dying to see how it ends.

I am also finding myself mildly irritated with Miss Justineau (I know!) I thought it was weird that she got jealous of Melanie and Parks forming a bond. You'd think that would be a good thing that he trusts her! Also, can't forget she drunk drove and killed a kid..but maybe it was actually a hungry? I'm interested to see if they will touch on that again.

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 9 comments I finished yesterday and I'm still trying to decide what I think about the end!

message 4: by Beth (new)

I finished as well Maggie! I found some discussion questions at the end of the book so I will post them later. How many start do you think you'll give it? I am thinking 4. I wish you could do half stars sometimes!

I think I liked the ending. It was sort of depressing, but still hopeful.

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 9 comments I gave it four stars. I enjoyed this very much because I have continued to think about it long after the last page. So glad you chose this book, I never would have done so on my own!

message 6: by Beth (new)

Aww thanks! I am so glad you joined the group!! Please let me know your book suggestions as well.

I have been thinking a lot about this book too. I saw there was another book set in this universe coming out this year. I don't know if it's a prequel or a sequel. I hope he continues the story as I want to know how it all turns out and I have more questions! Like will the hungries "live" forever? Since they are technically already dead? I must know!

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 14 comments I just finished it! I was surprised at the abruptness of the ending, but it was great! Overall I felt the book as a 4.