Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

The Ask-a-Librarian Folder > Ask a librarian CIVIL WAR books recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (atwistedlime) | 18 comments I am on a kick and would like to read books about experiences during the Civil War era. I am currently reading Hidden Figures.

I am also interested in books for children on the topic to share with my next generation (currently 6 and 4 years old).

message 2: by Mike (new)

Mike | 443 comments Hidden Figures is during the Civil Rights Era. Is that what you meant?

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (atwistedlime) | 18 comments That's the one in the era I am currently reading. Sorry for the confusion.

message 5: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (atwistedlime) | 18 comments Sorry my brain is toast lately. Civil Rights. Doh! SMH

Thegirlintheafternoon Leslie wrote: "Sorry my brain is toast lately. Civil Rights. Doh! SMH"

Hi Leslie! A few recommendations for you:

- March: Book One - Written by Rep. John Lewis about his experiences in the Civil Rights Movement, this graphic novel would be xcellent to share with your kids, and there are two other equally excellent titles in the series!
- Let It Shine - Short romance set during the CRM that focuses on the relationship between an African American woman and a white Jewish man in the South.
- We've Got a Job: The 1963 Birmingham Children's March - I haven't read this one, but I just added it to my TBR list!