Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reader Available YA fiction

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ikram (new)

Ikram | 24 comments Hello there! My name is Ikram but you can call me Kimi. I’m a blogger and book reviewer graduating with a Master’s Degree in Applied Linguistics this summer. I am now offering editing services to aspiring and current authors. I specialize in young-adult literature. My goal as your editor is to help you bring your work to its highest potential!

I offer a free sample edit for the first few pages of your novel.

If you would like to work with me, please contact me at ikram.belaid93@gmail.com and tell me about your novel.

Please include:

Synopsis of your novel.
Genre of your novel.

message 2: by Stella (new)

Stella Purple | 22 comments Hi! I'm looking for beta readers for my new reverse harem book. Currently ongoing, 30k so far. I'm looking for someone who can correct my grammar/typo errors.

You should pick this project if:

#1 You like reverse harem.

#2 Badass, intelligent heroine.

#3 Wanna read the first novel to ever have different types of vampires (at least as far as I know of). I'm not talking about different types of hybrids, or classification (like royalty or none), but more like different biologies (ex: red blooded, blue blooded, strigoi, etc).

#4 Can edit in Google Doc.

< Synopsis: >
An ancient race in modern time
Dying in the midst of a waging war.
One girl must unite all clans to survive.
Separated, they shall perish.
Together, they shall thrive.

If interested, please contact me codegeassstella@gmail.com with the subject: "Beta Read".

Thank you!

message 3: by Elizabeth (last edited Jun 15, 2017 12:51PM) (new)

Elizabeth Lo Hello. I'm looking for beta readers for my YA fantasy novel. I would like to check for plot inconsistencies, character development, and just a general view of what my book is like to my readers.

The story is about a girl living in a war-torn country being slowly deteriorated by the overpowering military force of the opposing country as well as a deranged queen plagued with the effects of certain curse. After being deployed into the military after a secret of hers is revealed, the girl is thrown onto the front lines only to be one of the last ones to survive. That's when a certain royal cat extends his hand (paw?) out to her and asks for her help in breaking the very curse put on her, the queen, and the rest of the country. Along her journey, she meets new, interesting friends and finds new power in both herself and her magic.

I would prefer if you can edit in a Google Doc, however I do Word Doc as well. It's about 90K words long.

If this piques your interest, go ahead and contact me at elizshlo@gmail.com and put something about beta reading in the subject. Thanks!

message 4: by Martha (new)

Martha Guarisco (marthaguarisco) | 12 comments Kimi,

Do you think you might be up for checking out a plot synopsis (2 pages) rather than the first few pages of my novel? That might give you a good idea about whether it's a project you'd want to take on.

Martha

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Strickland (sandrastrickland) | 3 comments sounds interesting...ill pm you my email...

message 6: by May (new)

May (idnarval) | 5 comments Hi there,

I've sent you and email.

Thank you!

message 7: by May (new)

May (idnarval) | 5 comments Thanks for getting back to me. I thought this was for a free beta read, not $200.00. Have a good day.

message 8: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Rayne | 199 comments Mod
Hello-

A Free sample edit is not really a free service. This post should go on the Paid services board because a 'sample' edit is what one would ask any editor to provide as they seek PAID services. So this seems like a deceptive post, as the above reader has stated. Also, if you are offering free service, you can't solicit readers with a paid service if they are seeking free services.

Please take down this post and repost on the paid services. thank you