Ms. Fysh's Period 5 discussion

What are you reading? In a brief paragraph describe what you are currently reading about.

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fysh (new)

Fysh | 1 comments Mod
Answer with details!

message 2: by Joe (last edited Feb 01, 2017 01:38PM) (new)

Joe | 2 comments I'm reading about a sixteen year old boy/girl switches into a new body everyday, he lives a new life as a boy or a girl, and he doesn't know why. The book is called Every Day

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Morrow | 3 comments I'm reading a book about Eminem. It talks about his childhood and his rise to fame. It also talks about his drug addiction and how he recovered from that experience along with the death of his best friend Proof.

message 4: by Noelia (new)

Noelia | 2 comments The book that I was reading was about the Civil Right's movement, it showed different points of views and you were able to choose which path that you want to take. Each decision gave you a different result, some leading ending the same, and some that ended badly.

message 5: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy G. | 2 comments I'm reading about a kid named Hunter that had dried blood all over him and his friend, White Mike, finds out that there is a detective investigating Hunter's case.

message 6: by David (last edited Feb 01, 2017 01:23PM) (new)

David Guzman | 1 comments The book I am reading is about how the earth is being controlled by weird lizards. Also they have advance tech and help us humans.

message 7: by Rosa (new)

Rosa | 2 comments I'm reading about a boy who is a wizard but he didn't know because his parents died when he was a little boy and he got sent away with his aunt and uncle who were normal people. Recently he found out that he was a wizard and he is going to a wizard's school, Hogwarts.

message 8: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 1 comments im reading a book about some teenagers who are addicts and are in a rebah place where they are going to find the help they need

message 9: by Oscar (new)

Oscar Mendiola | 2 comments I am currently reading Percy Jackson's Greek Gods book by Rick Riordan. The book talks about how the Greek Gods first came into being and how the world formed because of them and that there were primordial Gods that first started everything and they had off springs, the Titans then had off springs that were known as, the Goddess's. The book shows how the Primordial Gods were overthrown and then the Titans being overthrown and the Goddess's coming into power.

message 10: by Noelia (new)

Noelia | 2 comments Jose wrote: "I'm reading about a sixteen year old boy/girl switches into a new body everyday, he lives a new life as a boy or a girl, and he doesn't know why."

That sounds interesting and it seems that it might be a fun book to read.

message 11: by Nicolas (new)

Nicolas Salazar | 1 comments I'm reading the blind side which is about Michael Oher who is a NFL player and the book is about his life and how he came to be.

message 12: by Joe (new)

Joe | 2 comments David wrote: "The book I am reading is about how the earth is being controlled by weird lizards. Also how they have advance tech."

Sounds really awesome and weird, I'd read it

message 13: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Rodriguez | 2 comments I am reading City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. I am currently reading the part where clary, simon, isabelle and alec go visit the Faerie Queen in order to ask her to find jace since the clave has given up.

message 14: by Chantal (new)

Chantal | 1 comments I am reading the book "The Giver" by Lowis Lowry and so far its about a boy named Jonas and how they function in their world for example at the age 12 their futures are already decided by the counsel/committee of elders and are given their jobs.

message 15: by Iliana (last edited Feb 01, 2017 01:36PM) (new)

Iliana | 1 comments I am currently reading "Unwholly" by Neal Shusterman. I am at the part where Cam is learning how to walk and talk again after he was drugged. He doesn't know where he is, but he knows that he is of high rank because the people helping him call him "sir".

message 16: by Jazmin (new)

Jazmin | 2 comments I'm reading Sisters of Isis The Summoning by Lynne Ewing. I'm currently reading about a girl name Sudi was sleepwalking and she wake up on her front porch and she was going to go inside when she heard something and saw a shadow. After she went to her kitchen and eat ice cream then she saw someone on her window. she thinks that she is sleep walking because of her brake up.

message 17: by Bryan (last edited Feb 01, 2017 01:32PM) (new)

Bryan | 2 comments I'm reading a Norse mythology book(fiction) in which the main character,Magnus Chase, is closely related to Ragnarok or the day of reckoning and is having trouble fitting in with everyone else. He is son of frey who is the harbinger of "the wolf" and because of this most people uneasy around him and find him untrustworthy. His sword of summer is sought after many people some for the intent of evil. The book is called "Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer"

message 18: by Alex (last edited Feb 01, 2017 01:37PM) (new)

Alex | 1 comments I'm reading The Maze Ruuner , it talks about how this kid wakes up in an elevator with no memory of his past other than the fact that his name is Thomas. When the elevator doors open, he is pulled into a huge glade with a bunch of other teenage boys who also have no memories and who call themselves "Gladers" . After learning about the Maze that surrounds them all, Thomas becomes obsessed with finding a way out, which could mean certain death

message 19: by Oscar (new)

Oscar Mendiola | 2 comments Rosa wrote: "I'm reading about a boy who is a wizard but he didn't know because his parents died when he was a little boy and he got sent away with his aunt and uncle who were normal people. Recently he found o..."

I have read that book before, it's really interesting.

message 20: by Maryam (last edited Feb 01, 2017 01:39PM) (new)

Maryam Nur | 2 comments I am reading A Thousand Splendid Suns and it is about a 15 year old girl who's parents mother dies and she is forced to live with her father, who marries her off to an old guy.

message 21: by Katrina (last edited Feb 01, 2017 01:40PM) (new)

Katrina Aparis | 1 comments I'm reading about a girl that just moved into a new school because her parents got divorce. This girl is a gamer girl that met a popular guy in the game and they became close and then they got a crush on each other and found out they go in the same school. This book is titled "Gamer Girl".

message 22: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Rodriguez | 2 comments Noelia wrote: "The book that I was reading was about the Civil Right's movement, it showed different points of views and you were able to choose which path that you want to take. Each decision gave you a differen..."

The book sounds interesting, i would like to know what different people think about the same moment.

message 23: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Carrillo | 1 comments The book that I've been reading so far is about a guy who confesses to his girlfriend that he cheated on her. His friends have been making fun of him for telling her instead of keeping it a secret since he wasn't caught before.

message 24: by EDGAR J. (new)

EDGAR J. JIMENEZ | 2 comments Okay guys I'm reading a book on people getting pregnant. It also talks about how to deal with this problem.It's called
"My Girlfriend's Pregnant", so if you are pregnant or want to, read this book.

message 25: by Salvador (new)

Salvador Cardenas | 2 comments I am reading about a boy named Bobby who is the starting quarterback for his high school varsity football team. Bobby is being studied by many scouts around the world and he is hoping to receive a scholarship from his dream college of Stanford. Bobby really wants that scholarship, but in the 2nd quarter of the first game of his senior year he gets sacked and breaks his left knee. The doctor tells him he will have to miss the rest of the season which means he may not get the scholarship he wants.

message 26: by Jazmin (new)

Jazmin | 2 comments Chantal wrote: "I am reading the book "The Giver" by Lowis Lowry and so far its about a boy named Jonas and how they function in their world for example at the age 12 their futures are already decided by the couns..." I read this book and it's really cool I really like it.

message 27: by Lailani (new)

Lailani Silva | 1 comments The book i'm reading is called, "A Thousand Splendid Suns" its about a young girl living in Kabul, Afghanistan where her mother passes away so she goes with her dad. Her dad is rich so she spends sometime in his big mansion with his other wives and kids. The wives and him decide that she should leave so her dad marries her off to a man.

message 28: by Bryan (new)

Bryan | 2 comments EDGAR J. wrote: "Okay guys I'm reading a book on people getting pregnant. It also talks about how to deal with this problem.It's called
"My Girlfriend's Pregnant", so if you are pregnant or want to, read this book."

I wanna read it, sounds helpful

message 29: by Alvaro (new)

Alvaro Pantoja | 2 comments i am reading Eye Of Minds a book about 3 hacker friends in a virtual video game world who have been hired to to stop a dangerous criminal mastermind hacker, so far the ,main characters have been nearly "killed" three times now.

message 30: by Salvador (new)

Salvador Cardenas | 2 comments Nicolas wrote: "I'm reading the blind side which is about Michael Oher who is a NFL player and the book is about his life and how he came to be." I read that book it is a really good story.

message 31: by Elyssa (new)

Elyssa Sepulveda | 1 comments I'm reading a book called "Girlfriend Material" by Melissa Kantor its about a girl name Katie who goes out to Salt Lake with her mom to met old family friends. Unfortunately , Katie's friend Sarah doesn't come out how she thought she would.

message 32: by EDGAR J. (new)

EDGAR J. JIMENEZ | 2 comments Salvador wrote: "I am reading about a boy named Bobby who is the starting quarterback for his high school varsity football team. Bobby is being studied by many scouts around the world and he is hoping to receive a ..."

message 33: by Maryam (new)

Maryam Nur | 2 comments Alexandra wrote: "I am reading City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. I am currently reading the part where clary, simon, isabelle and alec go visit the Faerie Queen in order to ask her to find jace since the clave ..."

that seems very interesting i would read it

message 34: by Michael (new)

Michael Morrow | 3 comments Alvaro wrote: "i am reading Eye Of Minds a book about 3 hacker friends in a virtual video game world who have been hired to to stop a dangerous criminal mastermind hacker, so far the ,main characters have been ne..."
I would not want to read your book because I have better things to do in my life.

message 35: by Rosa (new)

Rosa | 2 comments Alondra wrote: "The book that I've been reading so far is about a guy who confesses to his girlfriend that he cheated on her. His friends have been making fun of him for telling her instead of keeping it a secret ..."

I would read your book because it sounds interesting.

message 36: by Alonzo (new)

Alonzo | 1 comments I'm reading a book about the life of Mariano Rivera. Mariano Rivera lived in a small town. He came from a poor family, he was 16 when he tried out for the New York Yankees.

message 37: by Breannna (last edited Feb 01, 2017 01:38PM) (new)

Breannna Geke | 1 comments I am reading about a family that decides to strive for success, so they open their start building their own beauty shop. Just before the grand opening though, the father gets cancer and suddenly dies one night. Before his death he had left the message to his family saying that his death should not affect their life, they should move on without him.

message 38: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1 comments Alondra wrote: "The book that I've been reading so far is about a guy who confesses to his girlfriend that he cheated on her. His friends have been making fun of him for telling her instead of keeping it a secret ..."

i would like to read this book because it sounds interesting.

message 39: by Michael (new)

Michael Morrow | 3 comments David wrote: "The book I am reading is about how the earth is being controlled by weird lizards. Also they have advance tech and help us humans."

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED !!!!!!!!!

message 40: by Alvaro (new)

Alvaro Pantoja | 2 comments Joe wrote: "I'm reading about a sixteen year old boy/girl switches into a new body everyday, he lives a new life as a boy or a girl, and he doesn't know why. The book is called Every Day"

i would not want to be in their shoes

message 41: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy G. | 2 comments I'm reading Twelve, it's about a kid named Hunter that had dried blood all over him and his friend, White Mike, finds out that there is a detective investigating Hunter's case.

message 42: by Jhonatan (new)

Jhonatan Avila | 1 comments I read this book about a kid that has powers. He lost his father when he was little. He also goes to an academy with wizards. He trains to get better and try to find his father. boom.