What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book-"romance" with boy who isn't very well off and girl who form a friendship. The boy lives in a trailer with only one parent. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kailina (last edited Feb 04, 2017 09:18AM) (new)

Kailina | 14 comments This was a book I read sometime in 2013 or 2014 located in a middle school library. I remember it had a beautiful kind of artsy cover of a boy and girl illuminated by a headlight and you were looking at them at a side angle over a cliff. The book itself was a weird mix of coming of age and romance and had to do with a boy that wasn't very well off (I'm pretty sure he lived in a trailer with his dad) he ended up moving to this new place and met a girl. This is where I start to forget some things about the plot...

------------------Spoilers--------------------

The boy learned to play guitar I believe or some musical instrument and that was a pretty big part of the book if I remember correctly. The girl and boy start to help each other out with their family issues. Together they begin to piece together some parts of their lives and that's how the story starts to progress. The plot of the story was them just trying to help each other with the stuff that had been going on in their recent part of life. I have been trying to look up this book for a while now and haven't found anything on it any help at all may jog my memory as it's been a while!

Thank you so much,
Kailina

message 2: by Kailina (new)

Kailina | 14 comments I was thinking about the plot and I remembered that the fact that the boy was playing guitar had something to do with the girl and her family. I'm not positive but I am lead to remember that the girls father owned a music shop and the boy was either learning from her parents or met them through this music shop. He would end up spending a lot of time with her to get out of the trailer park he was living in, and I believe the kids were in high school.

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15710 comments Maybe one of the books on this list?

Trailer Parks in YA and Middle Grade Fiction

I looked through but didn't see anything jumping out at me.

message 4: by Kailina (new)

Kailina | 14 comments I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan
This was the book!
I'll Be There
Thank you for the post Rainbowheart, it jogged my memory and I was able to search it up!

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15710 comments Awesome, glad you found it!