Escape with an Alpha discussion

Storm (Storm MC, #1)
This topic is about Storm
A Storm (Storm MC #1) Group Read

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads (FFTR) | 44 comments Mod
I'm feeling a hankering for a J & Madison fix!

Wanna join me in a group read next week?

Who: Everyone that loves bossy biker boys
Where: HERE!
When: Monday 6th February to Friday 10th February
How: Download Storm for FREE from your favourite retailer on your ereader, tablet or phone

Comment here if you'd like to join the group read & we'll start on Monday. I'll do up some guidelines in the meantime so we can all keep up and read together from our various countries / cities / timezones :)

I can't wait to chat with each other as we're reading about the parts that make us smile, swoon, sigh & swear ❤️❤️❤️

Charlene (tiekmom) | 7 comments I'm in. I've been wanting to re-read them.

Diane Yoz | 3 comments Count me in

Yay!!!!!!!

Shall we start tomorrow? Let's read 5 chapters a day, and come back and chat about them! Feel free to post in this thread as you're reading if you wanna talk about it!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Charlene (tiekmom) | 7 comments Woohoo. I'm setting aside the other books I'm reading & going to re-read those 5 chapters. Problem is...can I actually stop reading at 5 chapters

message 7: by Nina (new) - added it

Nina Levine (ninalevine) | 34 comments Mod
Here's the link to download the latest version of Storm for FREE - just so we know we're all reading the exact same thing :)

DOWNLOAD FREE COPY HERE

I didn't want to stop at 5 chapters for everyone to catch up.

I'm addicted and want it alllllllllllll!

Here's some of my notes -

1. I fell in love with Scott instantly. What did you think of the prologue? I was surprised at J's coldness at the beginning, but I forgave him when he snapped out of it and took her to the car.

Scott strode towards me, his shoulders pushed back, brows furrowed and lips pressed together. When he reached me, he knelt down and gently touched my arm. “Madison, it’s time to go,” he said quietly. I stared into his eyes, not sure what I would find there, but all I saw was tenderness. Unusual. Scott didn’t do tenderness. Not very often.

Scott Cole *sighhhhh*

2. Scott & Madison bickering make me smile so big. It's like battle of the wills...

“What part of ‘I’m out’ don’t you understand?” I rubbed my eyes. It was too late for this argument.
“What part of ‘you are never out’ do you not fuckin’ understand?” he snapped back.

3. J!!!!!!!! I loved this bit!! He seemed a little bit scared of Madison, and I don't blame him. I'm SO into the way he calls her 'Babe' when he's trying to boss her. I love that they both feel immediate attraction even after 2 years.

Fuck, she wasn’t going to make this easy for either of us. I was convinced Scott was handing me my balls on a plate by sending me to her. One look at Madison and I wanted to shove them at her and get the fuck out of there.

5. Did anyone else laugh when Madison slapped J, and a few minutes later he was kind of expecting another slap across the face? Hahahahahahaha, I'm guessing shes slapped him before. I wanna try that!

6. I love that Madison considers her pussy a separate part of her

Charlene (tiekmom) | 7 comments Ugh, I didn't want to stop at 5 chapters either!! Come on, just when J leaves the Madison's bedroom dropping that tidbit “I’d almost gotten to a place where I didn’t think about you every fucking day,”.
I absolute love the brother/sister dynamic between Scott & Madison. I wish my brothers were like Scott.
I love Serena! She really needs her own book.
Confession time...at the restaurant, when I knew J was going to make an appearance...I had to stop reading & brush my hair & make sure I was ready to "see" him! That man!! ❤❤❤

message 10: by Nina (new) - added it

Charlene wrote: "Ugh, I didn't want to stop at 5 chapters either!! Come on, just when J leaves the Madison's bedroom dropping that tidbit “I’d almost gotten to a place where I didn’t think about you every fucking d..."

Charlene, LOL I LOVE this!!!!!!!!! (the brushing your hair, I mean).

Also, Serena will be getting her own book! I've been itching to write it for 3 years. The guy she ends up with will be one of my bossiest alphas ever and I can't wait to get him on paper (he's been living in my head for sooooo long now!)

message 11: by Nina (new) - added it

Now I wanna do a re read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlene (tiekmom) | 7 comments Nina, YES!! I can't wait to read Serena's book. And I totally brushed my hair. I would have been slightly embarrassed about it but come on - it's J!! What girl wouldn't want to look her best?!?!

Krystal (booklover1187) | 1 comments I can't believe we have to stop at chapter 6...I think J was sooo cold because he didn't exactly know how to help Madison and he blamed himself for not getting to get in time...

Scott and Madison are both hot-headed and strong willed but Scott feels like since he's the older brother that no matter what Madison wants she should do what he says...And I love the fact that Madison is so strong that she doesn't let anyone elf all over her or tell her what to do...Except for J in the bedroom but that's her only exception...Lol...Love them

Shall we continue today with another 5 chapters??

I laughed at you brushing your hair, Charlene! I got the biggest smile when I was anticipating him showing up at the restaurant. The temperature was raised by like 100 degrees. I didn't brush my hair, but I wish I did ;)

I think you are right, Krystal.

I'm so excited to get back to these two ❤️

I messaged Nina today. Fuck me. J is a bossy fucker. Definitely Nina's bossiest asshole ;)

I won't lie. I love him.

I laughed in this bit -

“Madison is with me,” J growled, and I turned around to find him almost right behind me. He caught me by surprise and as I stumbled back a little, his hand shot out to catch me from falling. His arm snaked around my waist and he held me firmly. I looked up at him as he stepped closer to me; our breath mingled and my stomach clenched with that feeling of anticipation that I hadn’t known since we broke up. “You’ll ride with me. It’s safer,” he ordered.

“I think Madison can make her own mind up,” Blake retorted.

J tore his eyes from mine to glare at Blake. “Did you not fucking hear me the first time? She rides with me.”

"You’re joking, aren’t you?” Blake snorted. “Madison is a grown woman and can make her own decisions.”

“Do I look like I’m fucking joking?”

J was a bit mean in Chapter 9, blaming Madison for the drama with Nix. I think maybe all of that really helped me connect with M, through her pain.

I was upset with J for being all judgey without knowing if Madison had gone drinking (when she visited Bec's place to reminisce), I did love that he made it up to her by calling her babe and kicking everyone else out of the room.

I LOVE Madison and Serena's relationship so much. Re reading has reminded me how much I love Serena! Imma be nagging Neens for her book now

Cristina Angélica | 2 comments ok, ok, so I'm a little behind here... I'm at the going home part in Chapter 8 and I've got to say I freaking love this book, this series, everything! I've re-read this like 4 times and I still get the feels... Every. Single. Time!
Like, for example......
1. the banter..... of everyone, J with M, J with S.... it's like so funny!
2. M & S's friendship.... I love my bff's and they are the most awesome people but come on.... Serena is like dream-bestfriend material!
2. J oozes hotness, but I kind of like his soft spot for M, even when they haven't seen each other for 2 years it's kind of instantly back... or never went away....

anyways... I'm getting back to my reading shit's about to get interesting :D

Charlene (tiekmom) | 7 comments I've been home sick for the past two days. What chapter should we be on today? I may have read to far...

Cristina Angélica | 2 comments Charlene, I may have read too far as well..... I kind of finished it today! LoL!

Charlene (tiekmom) | 7 comments Christina LOL I'm not that far. Haha. I'm on Chapter 21. It's hard to put it down but I've been forcing myself.

Laughing so loud at you girls!!! I'm up to chapter 15, but I didn't want to stop either!!!

I so loved reading along side of you girls. I have so many of the same thoughts/emotions/giggles as you guys.

J & Madison {& Serena} forever

message 24: by Nina (new) - added it

I've been re reading and man, J really was mean to Madison when he made out that the Nix situation was her fault. And when he automatically assumed she had been drinking! These two really experience their emotions so deeply and throw them at each other, don't they?

I was channelling a lot of anger to do with a past relationship when I wrote this book. It's probably the only book of mine that I have really done that. LOL, I think Madison allowed me to get most of that shit out of my system ;)

I remember having a lot of shitty reviews on this book where readers said they couldn't stand Madison wanting to know club stuff and getting shitty with J over not being so open. I saw reviews where women said that no way did women get that upset over feeling shut out. I have to be honest and say that was one part of this book that was a real life experience for me. I do love how Madison and J work through this.

I think I need to write another asshole like J... I'm loving reading him again!

I'm on board for another asshole, Nina!!!!!

Charlene (tiekmom) | 7 comments Chapter 21 after Mandy "visits" Madison & she calls J “Babe, I’m kinda busy right now,” Again, what an asshole way to answer a call from someone you love. I would have hung up & called Scott or Nash (yea Nash) to tell them instead. Then maybe he'd think before answering a call from his girlfriend like that again.