Ms. Fysh's Period 3 discussion

What are you currently reading? Summarize what you have read so far in one brief paragraph.

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fysh (new)

Fysh | 1 comments Mod
Please add details!

message 2: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Alcantara | 1 comments I'm reading 'Twilight' by Stephenie Mayer. I am currently at the part where Edward finally shows Bella how he sparkles in the sunlight and all the perks of being undead. Bella is sorta excited by this and is invited to meet the Cullens. Most of the Cullen family seem to love her and she's happy that they like her. Edward even shows off some skills that Bella would've never known about if she didn't go to their home. It was a pretty great experience for Bella.

message 3: by Saili (last edited Feb 01, 2017 10:32AM) (new)

Saili Tauanuu | 2 comments I'm currently reading 'The Diary of Anne Frank' and it's a non-fiction novel. The novel is about a teenage girl named Anne Frank who has to face the struggles of living as a Jew. Anne is a very lively spirit who can be a chatterbox at times who is also well in academics. Anne lived a quite decent small life until her family one by one got call slips to go to concentration camps. Since this occurred, her family was forced to go into hiding and live everyday in suspense trying not to get caught by the Nazi.

message 4: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Guerrero | 2 comments I am currently reading The Last Mission. It is set in 1944 and is about a fifteen year old boy named Jack Raab who joins the Air Force in hopes of fighting the Nazis and becoming a war hero. He has completed basic training and is waiting for the day to come to go to Europe to fight in the war.

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Leyva Garcia | 2 comments I'm currently reading Dark Flame, it is about a girl that is immortal and needed to turn her friend immortal just like her. When she turns her best friend immortal, her friend starts to panic of excitement. Her friend wanted to tell her family but the main character told her that she can't tell no one not even her own family, it needs to be a secret.

message 6: by Angel (new)

Angel Quezada | 5 comments that has died and whats to go to heaven but hi im reading a book called The Inferno. te book is about a main character named Dantyis path is blocked by three best. Because of this he has to go to hell with a angel to guild him. if he goes to hell he cam go to heaven after wards.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Quiroz | 2 comments I am currently reading a book called "In Too Deep." In the book there is a shy girl that has a crush on a boy that is popular. The girl and the boy both have history together and they had to present a presentation about how much something is worth. When the girl finished her presentation she asked if anyone had questions and her crush started to ask questions but some of the questions she didn't know so he started to embarrass her in front of the whole class.

message 8: by Shaina (new)

Shaina | 2 comments I'm currently reading "The Sky is Everywhere." It's about this young girl named Lennie whose sister dies which brings down the happiness of the whole family, especially Lennie and their grandmother. Lennie feels conflicted because she can't choose between her late sister's boyfriend and a new boy at school.

message 9: by Estela (last edited Feb 01, 2017 11:07AM) (new)

Estela | 1 comments I am currently reading "Go Ask Alice," by anonymous in the form of the diary of an anonymous teenage girl who becomes addicted to drugs. The diarist's name is never given in the book, but the novel was based on the diary of a real teenage girl. She worries about what her crush Roger thinks of her, she loathes her weight gain, she fears her budding sexuality, she is uncomfortable at school, she has difficulty relating to her parents.

message 10: by Jazmin (new)

Jazmin Gonzales | 1 comments I am currently reading "The Lost Key". Its about a teenager who's mother has vanished so she had to go live with her sister who left her years ago to go to college. So now they are not close anymore and they both have different lives but they have no choice. The teenager is forced to go to a new school, get a job, and she is put with more responsibilities.

message 11: by Yvette (new)

Yvette Lopez | 3 comments I'm currently reading "The Fault in Our Stars". A teenage girl named Hazel Grace goes to a cancer support group to make those around her happy. Her days are consisted of the same routine. One day in support group, she notices a boy named Augustus Waters. After the meeting is over, Augustus approaches her, asking if she would like to go to his house. Once they get to his house, they discuss their experiences with cancer.

message 12: by Norma (new)

Norma Aguilar | 2 comments I was reading Anya's Ghost, a novel by Vera Brosgol. I finished the book already, it was about a college girl that fell in a hole. In that hole she met a ghost of a girl who had died when she fell. Anya got eventually rescued but somehow she took the ghost with her. The story had a plot twist when the ghost of the girl becomes evil and wants to kill Anya's family. In the end Anya throws the ghost in the whole with one bone so she can never come out of there ever again.

message 13: by Michelleee (new)

Michelleee | 1 comments I am currently reading, "Ghost House," by Alexandra Adornetto. This book is a horror and mystery books that is about a girl name Chloe Kennedy, she starts seeing the ghosts that haunted her as a young girl again. She spends time at her grandmother's house in the south of England, she meets a mysterious stranger that is 157 years dead. He falls in love with him, but his ex wife founds out. Now she must stop her "isobel" in order to not have any problems and destroy what she loves.

message 14: by Lizbeth (new)

Lizbeth | 2 comments I am currently reading "School for Good and Evil The Last Ever After," by Soman Chainani. It is about this young girl, Sophie, who has to accept the School Masters proposal of marrying him to be able to make everything Evil and that everything Good disappear. But she doesn't want to accept it because she doesn't even know him and doesn't want everything to be Evil. Everyday the Master comes and asks her and treats her like a princess, but she keeps denying it. Until she asks him why should she accept being with him and he tells her that so everything can go their way and they can finally be happy. Sophie then hesitates and thinks about it, but still says no. After spending some time alone and seeing how the story book, the one who writes fairy tales, and how her friend betrayed her for a guy and finding out that the Master name is Rafal she decides to accept. She also notices how if she doesn't accept him for who he is and decides to be his queen then everything will end for all of them since the story book needs to keep writing different stories but both Good and Evil . But then the story book doesn't continue writing their fairy tale.

message 15: by Julia (last edited Feb 01, 2017 10:56AM) (new)

Julia | 2 comments I'm currently reading " A Court of Thorns and Roses " by Sarah J. Maas . This book is about a girl who merciless kills a " wolf " in the woods who was actually a faerie, many fear this creatures as they once ruled the world and made humans they servants until a treaty was made between the two . Now she leaves her home to live with people who were friends with this faerie because as part of the treaty is her exchange for a life or death. Now in the part i'm reading chapter 10 she is not adjusting well to this new life all she thinks is to be free however they know what she plans she cant escape they are too fast and smart , however there is a something more , strong force unknown to her that are in control of all faeries.

message 16: by Coraima (new)

Coraima | 1 comments I'm currently reading " The fault in our stars". In the book its about a girl name hazel grace who has cancer and since her parents thinks shes been in depression . The doctors recommend her to go to support groups, although she doesn't want to. One day she rans into a stranger who soon later becomes her friend.

message 17: by Saili (last edited Feb 01, 2017 11:05AM) (new)

Saili Tauanuu | 2 comments Angel wrote: "that has died and whats to go to heaven but hi im reading a book called The Inferno. te book is about a main character named Dantyis path is blocked by three best. Because of this he has to go to h..."
I would not read this xD I'm sorry but I'm very lost xD

message 18: by Angel (new)

Angel Quezada | 5 comments Yvette wrote: "I'm currently reading "The Fault in Our Stars". A teenage girl named Hazel Grace goes to a cancer support group to make those around her happy. Her days are consisted of the same routine. One day i..."

sounds good

message 19: by Isabel (new)

Isabel Vega | 2 comments I am currently reading "Dreamland" by Sarah Dessen. It's about a 18 year old girl named Cassandra who ran away on the day of her little sister's birthday. Her parents think she ran away with her boyfriend but they can't find them. Their neighbors came to see what they could help with but nobody has an idea where she could be, since she had always being a good girl specially in school.

message 20: by Angel (new)

Angel Quezada | 5 comments Julia wrote: "I'm currently reading " A Court of Thorns and Roses " by Sarah J. Maas . This book is about a girl who merciless kills a " wolf " in the woods who was actually a faerie, many fear this creatures as..."

that's nice

message 21: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Quiroz | 2 comments Yvette wrote: "I'm currently reading "The Fault in Our Stars". A teenage girl named Hazel Grace goes to a cancer support group to make those around her happy. Her days are consisted of the same routine. One day i..." I would read this because it sounds interesting

message 22: by Xochitl (new)

Xochitl | 1 comments Norma wrote: "I was reading Anya's Ghost, a novel by Vera Brosgol. I finished the book already, it was about a college girl that fell in a hole. In that hole she met a ghost of a girl who had died when she fell...." This seems boring, I wouldn't read it because its comic fam.

message 23: by Norma (new)

Norma Aguilar | 2 comments Yvette wrote: "I'm currently reading "The Fault in Our Stars". A teenage girl named Hazel Grace goes to a cancer support group to make those around her happy. Her days are consisted of the same routine. One day i..."

I'm reading it right now :)

message 24: by Shaina (new)

Shaina | 2 comments Kyle wrote: "I am currently reading The Last Mission. It is set in 1944 and is about a fifteen year old boy named Jack Raab who joins the Air Force in hopes of fighting the Nazis and becoming a war hero. He has..."

I would read this because its a realistic fiction and sounds like it has a good plot.

message 25: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Leyva Garcia | 2 comments Melissa wrote: "I am currently reading a book called "In Too Deep." In the book there is a shy girl that has a crush on a boy that is popular. The girl and the boy both have history together and they had to presen..."

I would like to read that book because it shows me that it is a good book and good plot.

message 26: by Angel (new)

Angel Quezada | 5 comments Yvette wrote: "I'm currently reading "The Fault in Our Stars". A teenage girl named Hazel Grace goes to a cancer support group to make those around her happy. Her days are consisted of the same routine. One day i..."

what 10 out 10 best book so funny i love it the hype is real 100% all the way for the group top of the top loved it you will be next bff thanks jk

message 27: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Guerrero | 2 comments Shaina wrote: "I'm currently reading "The Sky is Everywhere." It's about this young girl named Lennie whose sister dies which brings down the happiness of the whole family, especially Lennie and their grandmother..." I would read this because it sounds like an interesting book.

message 28: by Isabel (new)

Isabel Vega | 2 comments Saili wrote: "I'm currently reading 'The Diary of Anne Frank' and it's a non-fiction novel. The novel is about a teenage girl named Anne Frank who has to face the struggles of living as a Jew. Anne is a very liv..."
I would like to read this book because I have always wanted to learn about how people lived as Jews long ago.

message 29: by Yvette (new)

Yvette Lopez | 3 comments Shaina wrote: "I'm currently reading "The Sky is Everywhere." It's about this young girl named Lennie whose sister dies which brings down the happiness of the whole family, especially Lennie and their grandmother..."

I would read this because the plot sounds interesting.

message 30: by Alpher (new)

Alpher Aspiras | 2 comments I am reading "Charlie Bronx", and its about a kid who wants to get an education but, is stopped because of his friend because of his own background.

message 31: by Yvette (new)

Yvette Lopez | 3 comments Melissa wrote: "I am currently reading a book called "In Too Deep." In the book there is a shy girl that has a crush on a boy that is popular. The girl and the boy both have history together and they had to presen..."

I would read this because I want to see what happens to the character's connection to each other.

message 32: by Angel (new)

Angel Quezada | 5 comments Shaina wrote: "I'm currently reading "The Sky is Everywhere." It's about this young girl named Lennie whose sister dies which brings down the happiness of the whole family, especially Lennie and their grandmother..."

this book sound so interesting. The main character seem so profound and in deep thought of life. this seem like a very happy and fun book to read

message 33: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Zelaya | 1 comments im currently reading "The Amityville Horror" it is about a family who moves into a big house and they knew there was a catch to the house because it was for cheap but it was a big house, so they asked and the family before them that lived there died. the dad killed all the children and the wife. so then bad things started happening to them once they started settling in the house.

message 34: by Alpher (new)

Alpher Aspiras | 2 comments Isabel wrote: "I am currently reading "Dreamland" by Sarah Dessen. It's about a 18 year old girl named Cassandra who ran away on the day of her little sister's birthday. Her parents think she ran away with her bo..."

its aright

message 35: by Lizbeth (new)

Lizbeth | 2 comments Yvette wrote: "I'm currently reading "The Fault in Our Stars". A teenage girl named Hazel Grace goes to a cancer support group to make those around her happy. Her days are consisted of the same routine. One day i..."

I would really like to read this book because it is very interesting and sad book, despite the fact that I HATE romance. This is the only romance book I would ever read.

message 36: by Julia (new)

Julia | 2 comments Lizbeth wrote: "I am currently reading "School for Good and Evil The Last Ever After," by Soman Chainani. It is about this young girl, Sophie, who has to accept the School Masters proposal of marrying him to be ab..."

I would like to read your book it sounds very interesting and a different type of book i never heard of .

message 37: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Garcia | 1 comments "I am currently reading The Battles for New Orleans. It is set in December 1, 1814 and written by F. VAN MASON. The book starts of with troops and the caption under a bridged ready for battle