Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > adding a book to my profile

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lena (new)

Lena Miller | 2 comments Hello!

I hope this is the right place for this question.

I have written this book (Vind ik leuk!):
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3.... I would like to add it to my profile. How do I do this, or can Goodreads do it for me?
Also, I have not written this book (Herzknurren) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2.... It's from a different author by the same name. The book pages for both books refer to each other, however, stating they are by the same author. How can I remove this relation?

Thanks in advance for the help! I'm new to the website so I'm still learning how to do all of this.

message 2: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3678 comments Hi Lena,

Since you don't have a Goodreads Author profile yet (only a reader one), I moved your book to "Lena^^Miller" with 2 spaces between your first and last name. The spaces are only visible on the edit pages; they help to separate your profile from other authors with the same published name(s).

You can claim the Lena Miller author profile by submitting this request to join the Author Program. (That's the Is this you? Let us know link at the bottom of the profile page.) After the staff has completed their review, they will upgrade your current reader profile to an author account and send you an email confirmation. This might take a few business days, depending on staff workload, so please be patient.

Once your claim is processed, you will be able to make some changes to your books, including combining different editions of the same book. You'll then also have the ability to choose which edition will be the default—that is, the one that comes up in searches by title and shows on your author profile.

You can find more information on the Author Program here.

message 3: by Lena (new)

Lena Miller | 2 comments Thank you very much for the fast and helpful reply. I submitted a request to join the author program.