Monthly Challenges discussion

February 2017 Challenge > February's Celebrate the Author "Sarah Dessan"

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Feb 01, 2017 09:32AM) (new)

Diana S | 2132 comments Mod
For February - We are celebrating:

Sarah Dessen Sarah Dessen

Click Here: Sarah Dessen's Booklist

Here's the spot to tell a little about the book you read. Rate it! Give us a mini review on how you like/dislike the book.

** You get a bonus point for your mini review. :D

message 2: by Amberly (new)

Amberly (introverted22) | 148 comments I read Dessen's novel, Keeping the Moon. I'm usually not a fan of Dessen's earlier novels just because the voice seems to be very different from the novels I know and love from her but this story was super cute and touching. Colie's growth as a person and character was slow building but lovely. She transforms into the butterfly she was always hoping to be and I loved how Morgan and Isabel help. Those two girls were a great addition to the story and I loved the drama they added to the story.

Dessen always has a beautiful way of portraying love, especially first love and I felt that Dessen did it once again with the love between Colie and Norman as well as Morgan and the cheating rat bastard.

I just enjoyed the characters and loved how everyone grew. I wish that there was more about what happened to Colie when she went back home and how her summer changed her relationship with her mother, for the better, but I guess Dessen wanted to leave those thoughts to us. Either way, I'm so glad I gave this book a chance because it was just what I needed. A quick little escape with some good friends and some romance!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Keeping the Moon (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah Dessen (other topics)