Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Round 48: February 2017

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Feb 27, 2017 10:13AM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments This battle of books is between The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins vs The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau

If you have read both of these books, vote for the one you enjoyed the most below.

The Hunger Games: 8
The Testing: 3

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments WOW! This battle is really tough! I've read both books...but it was so long ago. The Testing was more recent than the Hunger Games for me..... I thought they were both good!

message 3: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I agree with you! I think this one is really hard to pick which one I liked more because I loved them both.

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I am in the same quandary. I loved both books and I gave them both 5 stars. I think Hunger Games was new to me because I'd not read a lot of books of that genre, so I might go with it for that reason. But I loved them both!

Okay, I'm going to just go for The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments ha! I love it Vicki! Just go for it!!

I think Ashlyn and I are still agonizing over picking between them! lol

message 6: by Amanda (last edited Feb 10, 2017 02:53PM) (new)

Amanda | 4383 comments I had a hard time getting through The Testing so my vote is for The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins .

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I think I'm going with The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins too

message 8: by Shellie (new)

Shellie Brewer (shellierb) | 10 comments I have read both but have read Hunger Games three times so have to go with Hunger Games.

message 9: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5510 comments I liked them both, but this is a hands-down The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins win! :)

message 10: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments WOW! Half way through the month and Hunger Games is winning!!
(thanks for everyone who's voted so far!)

:) You can still vote until the last day of the month!!

message 11: by christina (new)

christina (kadygrants) my vote definitely has to go to The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

message 12: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) | 859 comments Ok I really really liked The Testing, but The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins is still my favorite sci-fi. I just have to vote for it. It was pretty close though!

message 13: by Haley (last edited Feb 23, 2017 03:32PM) (new)

Haley (haleymadd) I just finished the testing and really enjoyed them both! I'm going to go with The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau just because it was way better than I expected and I just loved the writing of the book.

message 14: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau

As much as I loved the Hunger Game I just love the world building in The Testing more.

message 15: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I am going to go with The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau because I read that book more recently.

message 16: by Erin (new)

Erin | 24 comments So after thinking about it for a few days, I think I'm going to go with The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins I liked the story a little bit more, although they were both really good!

message 17: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2918 comments I loved both books but Hunger games is just such a classic for me that I must vote for it :)

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments So far Hunger games is winning! Thanks to those who voted!

Last day to vote is 28th of February! :)